Heavies very overpowered.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Malael, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Amur_Tiger

Light Assault can get around the front lines of battle easily by moving over barriers and on top of things providing them superior fields of fire that can allow them to shoot down at the firefight, sometimes unnoticed if the firefight is sufficiently intense.

Infiltrators can provide accurate long ranged fire to dig out people who are holding up in entrenched positions and can also get past the lines of battle with their cloak.

These are both combat oriented classes but that doesn't mean they fight the same way HA does, I tend to play HA for the most part and definitely prefer it but there's been plenty of occasions when I've switched to infiltrator or light assault because resistance was such that a full on frontal assault wasn't viable.
  2. KnightCole

@Dcrd

Yes, I claim OP Bolt Drivers, because well, this game takes on average 10-16 hits to kill someone and Bolt Drivers do that in 1 shot. Obviously, its a sniper, it should be deadly, but only if it hits one in the head. Now, I know there is no way to determine whether I was hit in the brain basket or not, but it sure seems every time a Bolt Driver fires, I drop dead, and unless Snipers use Aim Bots, not every shot is a Head Shot. Oh and before we go saying "Then stop sitting still", believe me, I move alot, the only time I look at maps is when im behind a rock, pillar, turret or cover of some sort. Just that snipers seem to have an angle always lol.

Oh, and I did briefly try the Infiltrator, I personally do not like playing them. I only have the 99SV stock gun, it pretty much sucks, and I do not want to spend that much time as an infil to get a new gun. Infil seems like a boring class to me. 99SV blows lol.
  3. Iksniljiksul

I've never died so much so fast as when I switched to playing a dedicated HA on one of my characters. I certed up in the shield, and it still does absolutely nothing but make me glow in the dark. Usually I'm dead before I can even turn the ****ing thing on. Even when I do turn it on, I question its worth every single time. I still die in two or three hits (which also makes the med kit useless but that's another thread).

One of the things I can not stand about this game is how fast death happens. There is no reaction time, you're just dead. That's boring and this is supposed to be a game, not a death simulator. I am getting very, very bored with this "game". Fights should not be over in less then one second.
  4. KnightCole

Then I imagine you have issues playing all FPS games dont you? In Planetside 2, our characters are 10x tougher then any soldier in say, BF3 or CoD w/e. CoD you die before you can blink, BF3, your dead before you can even say wtf....atleast in PS2, there is in fact reaction time, you just have to react quick enough.

Though, from your description, it sounds like you are continuously going up against the New Conglomerate(Blue dudes).....they kill you absurdly quick, and in that regard, I agree with you. Especially guys who use the AF19 Merc and GD22S.....I die in seconds to them as well, shield or not lol. However, I have, on countless occasions gotten away underfire. It is possible to do.
  5. Ezekius

This is obviously a troll thread
  6. Shahnaz

7. Mjk CZ

Most of other games COD/battlefield series have death much much much faster than this game. I had the same feeling in the begining tho, but after o got grip of my class and game mechanic my k/d ratie moved to 2:1 on HA front line class. It is alot about positioning, teamplay, map awarness and prediction. If you prefer even more arkadish game where fighting takes a while i would recommend team fortress 2.
  8. Pugseh

Yep, basically. All a grounder is is a lock-on device that can scare crap pilots away. The good ones should just wait for you to fire and reveal yourself, then turn and waste you.
  9. Dcrd

Do you understand that the sole purpose of all those classes is to kill? And that heavy assault is hands down the best at it?

Light assaults can get around the front lines - but you can do the same with every class, light assault gives you a couple more routes and that's it. Plus he goes out of ammo in less then 10 frags I believe, also he's easily taken down with any class. LA's weapons are not so good and are not any special, his utilities are almost nonexistant and his survivability is lacking, making him a perfect target for anyone.

Long range sniping is good only when people are standing still, which happens less and less as idiots are leaving this game slowly. Cloaking is seen easily, and is seen as light as day with IRNV or thermal scopes, it's almost nonexistant.

And you can change your playstyle within one class, so you can flank with HA easily if you get stay in the front.

It takes about 7 bullets to kill with an LMG. Bolt drivers kill with one shot in the head only, which is very hard to get on a moving target, and if target is not moving-it's target's fault. As an infiltrator I run with semi auto analogue to 99SV because it gives me chances to survive in mid-range and close range combat, because sometimes I'm forced to be in that type of combat. I like this gun much more then bolt action rifles. If Bolt action rifles could kill people with one shot in the body then I could understand all the complains, but they can't, and claiming bolt action rifles and bolt driver in particular - are op means knowing nothing on the subject.
  10. Psiwuff

From what gaming I've done - and I'll admit, I'm playing HA very often because I can do a lot for my team as that class - I found that HA feels pretty balanced. I agree that the HA is mostly made for outright combat, and he is good at that. in 1v1 he can pop overshield and take down people, but on the other hand, I've died plenty to good players. It does take skill to play however, unless you are up against idiots. If you want to kill armor efficiently, you have to outflank them, and for gods sake, not let them see you. A spotted HA is often a very dead HA, even a lightning can make you take a dirt nap very quickly if the pilot has any kind of aim, and perhaps even anti-infantry guns. But if you outflank them, you get to take down a heavy tank in two shots by popping their back armor.

Long range fire with the HA is doable in single shot mode I found, at least as NC, and in CQC he defintely is what you will want on the front lines. But he will die to a good sniper in one shot, much like he will die to other classes who can lay down some damage.
    I agree that this isnt battlefield, and that each class has a specific role. It's not like every class is "like assault plus utility". Medic obviously should be more concerned with healing people, engineer should be keeping the armor up so the advance doesn't break. Repairing tanks is so much nicer than losing 3 tanks which then have to drive over from the nearest spawn terminal. Sniper obviously is to control enemy infantry, HA is to take out enemy armor and make pushes, and LA right now is to outflank infantry, and its good at that.
    Even as a fairly new player, I started up an LA, and literally got the drop on 3 VS people after my rifle ran out of ammo. I killed them with the magshot before they knew what hit them. Its all about how you play, and you will /definitely/ need to adjust your playstyle to your class. A LA or infiltrator will never want to be spotted, just like a medic shouldnt draw enemy fire. The game certainly may be about "mass solo play" in a way, but coordinating as a team and doing your class' job will help considerably.

Also those people who advise using rockets vs infantry - at most against gatherings to soften them up and maybe give them a scare. on a solitary soldier, just no. waste of ammo, it takes off their shield - maybe - and they will gun you down while you switch weapons, usually. But that's my experience
  11. DerpyHooves

OP qq more. Its called heavy assaut for a reason. They are the shock troopers and are supposed to do insane damage and have good survivability. Also they are easily killed by any of the other classes if you play with half a brain. I have yet to see an enemy HA that didnt die to me running him over with my tank :).
  12. badname02

Bolt drivers can kill all classes except max with 1 headshot or a heavy with his shield on. And even if you're moving it's how you're moving that determines if you're going to die to bolt drivers a lot.

They're quite hard to use and you should try them out yourself. Targets standing still are easy mode, but so are they with the SV99. They require 2 headshots to kill someone, but it fires rapidly and hardly has recoil so you pop pop and before they notice the first one hit the second one did too and they're dead.

Try zigzagging, and not the entire time 1 second left 1 second right, but mix it up. Trust me you'll hardly get HS'ed again unless facing really skilled snipers (and there are).
    • Up x 1
  13. MykeMichail

There's nothing wrong with Heavy Assault.

Keep in mind, that (except for TR's weapons) a Heavy pretty much can't move whilst firing without facing an ENORMOUS deviation which makes it extremely hard to hit anything at longer ranges. It pretty much means every time you go for a long range kill, you're risking getting sniped.
  14. OldMaster80

Well said: except TR's weapons. Our weapons in fact already suffer bullets deviation and lack of accuracy even when we're not moving. :D

Then I agree with you, there's nothing wrong with HA. It's a HEAVY ASSAULT soldier, of course it's good at fighting!
  15. Kaerius

The problem isn't HA class, the problem is CARV.
  16. Zotamedu

The only problem I have with HA is the rocket launcher that is pretty much useless. It's blast radius is extremely small and the damage is crap. I've shot other classes square in the chest with it and they have lived, now that's just wrong. It's also wrong that it is impossible to take down some vehicles alone since you don't carry enough rockets. Either give it a larger blast radius and more damage to infantry so it can be used to clear buildings or make the blast radius smaller and design it more like an RPG with a shaped charge that does a little bit more damage to tanks. I wouldn't mind if they made it slower and gave it a larger drop so it would be harder to use at range. Sneaking up on tanks is fun but it feels a bit pointless if you have no real chance of taking it down alone. Same goes for sunderers. I once spent 5 minutes launching rockets at the same sundy. I fired all my rockets which didn't kill it. Ran back the 50 meters to rearm, ran back and faced a newly repaired sundy. Repeat until I got picked off by a sniper or if it was an aircraft. Seriously, stationary vehicles out in the open should be pretty easy to pick off. A slower rocket could still be balanced since it would make it pretty darn hard to hit a moving target.

Anyway. I like playing HA as well as Engineer. HA is great fun for stomping in, guns blazing, shooting and killing everything that moves. At least until I step on a grenade, gets shot in the back, sniped in the head, run over by a tank, blown to bits by an aircraft, shot from above by a hiding LA and so on. That's part of it. Taking down a HA is not that hard if you know what you are doing. As a HA I just shrug, respawn and run back straight into certain death again.

As for the cloaking, it's serves its purpose. They are hard to spot and it gives them quite an advantage of sneaking up on people. I've seen many videos of people just running around a base, cloaking, sneaking past the front and then shooting people from behind. You get the first shot and you get to start shooting from behind which is a great advantage. Often people are dead before they realise where the bastard is standing.
  17. Damean

Yeah your right, my LA just killed 19 people a few nights ago with 2 C4, I killed a sunderer heavy spawn traffic, single handed, and got almost 30 certs in about 3 minutes. Yeah my HA would so be able to do that lol. Every character has a purpose, the ONLY class that should be able to take down a HA is a MAX. Thats just the way it is, the game right now, for the most part, is pretty well balanced ( if you dont include individual weapons.)
  18. BalogDerStout

I wouldn't mind seeing the HA rocket launcher be able to kill infantry. Doesn't make sense to put a rocket into someone and have them kill you right after it.

Honestly I get killed by HA all the time, I also shoot them down quite well with my default Engi rifle. Are the tough? Sure. But they should be, their job is to kill enemy armor, they should be able to take a hit or two.
  19. Damean

With my SKEP launcher, the one made to kill vehicles ? I one shot anything up to another HA with a direct impact. I often launch it at enemy groups because its bound to take one out from about 150-200m out if you can aim and take into account rocket drop.
  20. Village