Heavies very overpowered.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Malael, Dec 3, 2012.

1. KnightCole

If your Infiltrator gets a CQC kill? So do you mean you regularly play Infiltrators? Do you commonly find your Infil in CQC? If so, thats not the fault of the HA, thats your fault lol...INfils belong up in the mountains peering down on unsuspecting prey.
  2. velourfog

No...just no. A good sniper will never get outsniped by even the best HA with a LMG.
  3. Auto_Bob

Nerf Engineers while your at it, noone else in the game can repair tanks. It's totaly unfair.
  4. Auto_Bob

You are either a troll, or not very good at the game. I'm not going to bother trying to figure out which. If its trolling I'll play along. If you're bad, consider this some helpful advice.

Deny it all you want but when I play; 80% players I encounter is always a HA.
    If 80% of people are playing HA, then its because 80% of players want a straightforward fighting class. All heavy assaults can do is soak up bullets and send some back down range, straightforward fighting stuff, so they are designed to be good at it.

Right now, if my CQC infltrator gets a HA kill I actually scream in joy. This rarely if ever happens, btw.
    If you are vanu, knife them in the back, then hit them with a couple of beamer pistol shots. That should drop them before they are finished turning around, especialy if the pistol hits are headshots. If you are TR, the same strat should work even better with their machine pistol. I can tell you from experience it works very well with the NC gauss shot pistol.

Any HA that dies to a non-HA should hang their heads in shame; this should never ever EVER happen.
    Okay, I can't play along anymore. This is outright trolling and we both know it. My KD is actually better on the odd occasions where I play my light assault. I have gotten myself into positions with the jetpack where I was literally LAUGHING OUT LOUD as I dropped a grenade down into a wad of people who never saw me. If 80% of people are HA, atleast a few of those people must have been.
  5. Turelle

The only time I worry about heavies is when i'm in buildings. Outside (or large indoor areas) heavies are generally easy targets. Most are predictable and when they have their shield, they're slow.

If I see a HA I throw a couple of shots at him, make him shield up. Most dont take it down right away, which means it drains their energy for longer. Then after a few moments I'll peek back out and fill him with some more, if he doesn't shield up he'll die like anyone else, if he does i get back into cover and repeat. If you run into a heavy head on, you will lose. It's their forte. But from range, I'll kill a heavy as a medic, an LA, infiltrator or engineer. Get the picture? CQC = Heavy. Head on combat = Heavy. Flanking, support and 'smart play' = more or less anything other than a Heavy or MAX.

I honestly wouldn't want to see a defence or attack without HA as they're the meatshield, and hopefully the targets everyone shoots at. Just as I wouldn't want to see it without some engineers to rep maxes/vehicles or resupply. Medics to get people back into the fight. LAs for scouting and disrupting the enemy lines. Infiltrators to pick off said engineers and medics (who all to often stand still while healing/repairing) or for hacking terminals so the troops can resupply consumables and grab vehicles such as an AMS Sunderer.
  6. Tallfeather

I don't understand complaining that HA is "overpowered" since everyone can be whatever class they want, at any time they want.
    It isn't like you spend 3 years leveling a cleric and now are mad the class is broken. Just pick the HA next time you spawn if you are truly envious of their abilities.
  7. hellaskan

1. This game has too many vehicles
    2. Play a class that can take out vehicles and infantry
    3. Still worry about air vehicles and terrible anti air options
  8. Gary

Personally i have never had a problem with them unless i meet them head on with my engineer. I accept that they will perform better since they are heavy and i am just a standard foot soldier. Today i played with the heavy for the first time and i am enjoying the upgraded survivability :)
  9. Siberys

I've found that while Heavy Assault is powerful in direct combat, it's hardly an insurmountable advantage. Especially past mid range their effectiveness falls off very rapidly, and even in close range it's not as if they're invincible juggernauts. I've killed plenty of heavies 1v1 as an LA with a carbine, and while they may be overly prevalent, I attribute that mainly to the fact that they are the only class with a respectable ranged anti-vehicle option available at start. All the other classes require a big cert investment for C4 to take on tanks, which they need 2 of anyway to kill, and with the exception of LA and Infil most lack the ability to apply that C4.

Coupled with the fact that armor is extremely common, and until they add AP bullets or the like for most classes, the only real counter is a bunch of heavies or your own armor. And as other people have said, HA's only contribute through killing. They have no support skills, no healing, no hacking, no repairing. You earn far less as a HA than you would as a support class, unless you have an especially good kill streak or are really good at getting close to tanks, and that's less reliable than healing or supplying ammo to buddies.

So, I say, working as intended.
  10. n00biz

Heavy Assault OP? Because he kills you 1v1 face to face? That's like saying the Vanguard is OP Because it blows up your lightning... I use all classes (I don't really play medic or MAX actually) But Light Assault is great. If we're starting to assault a base, I'll jump on the walls with my Light Assault, with his silencer, and EASILY get 4-5 kills before I'm killed. Actually, the main reason I'm killed with that tactic is because I'm out of ammo and I'm using my pistol...
  11. Malael

This.

End of discussion.
  12. doorap

How are heavy shields OP if their role to be frontline fighters? If you want to kill then roll a heavy simple as that, anything is else is pretty much support. It's a simple concept that you should be able to comprehend.
  13. Hashlak

This thread is ******** ! HA is not overpowered at all. You just need to play differently with the roles. I can dominate heavies with light assault, medic, any class.

Its common sense if HA have a tough shield, you cant just run infront of them and attempt to win 1 v 1, you will lose, its meant to be that way.. You have to approach them differently, wear down their shield and execute.

If anything HA need some work but its not nerfing. They need work on their heavy support role with the class specific heavy weapons such as lasher, chain-gun and jackhammer. All 3 of the current remakes of these iconic weapons is aboslutley **** in PS2 and need to be redone properly...
  14. Pat Cleburne

I play two classes, heavy assault, and engineer. All classes kill me pretty equally from my experience. In fact, I die more from snipers than anything.

For the record, I started out playing heavy right off the bat, not knowing anything about the game hardly.
  15. Bhaltair

I play my default completely uncerted HA to feed certs to my infiltrator. :(
  16. GetBrocked

I'm sorta of the opinion that HA need to loose the rocket launcher, it doesn't make sense that the strongest infantry class also is the strongest anti tank class at the same time. It's probably too late but I'd like to see the rocket and some other swapped out between the classes.

The OPness of the HA classes come from the fact that all there crap seems to be designed for CQC and medium range. I'm sure everyone's had one or two times recently where a HA kills you even though you had the jump. It might be a good idea to make the shields do something else or maybe weaken the their weapons CQC abilities and give them slight range.
  17. Xae

Overpowered, No.

Overly useful: Yes.

I really dislike rolling the best infantry based AA, AI and AV weapons into one class.
  18. Nehlis

Try using the Gauss SAW. Then tell me that it's the easiest class to kill people with.
  19. Patchey

They could do what Battlefield does. Give ammo to the Heavy Assault, and anti vehicle weapons to the Engineers
  20. Dcrd

When you "jump up" as a LA you won't hit anything, spread is horrible. While HA stanting on the ground is still fine with his accuracy, he'll point-and-click a LA and LA will die. I know what you're talking about, but LAs whi jetpack in the middle of a gunfight is the same as a person in Quake 3 who've jumped on a jumppad. At first you seem it's hard to hit him but then you realise that his trajectory is super predictable and on a middle-skilled fight using jumppad in Q3, using jetpack midfight in PS2 equals getting killed asap.

And personally for me on a HA snipers are not more then medals for my knife. You don't even need your primary to kill them. It takes a semi-auto sniper 7+ bullets to kill a HA. If LA comes from above or behind - pay attention, and as soon as you see you're attacked from behind - use shield and strafe. It's obvious. And it's hard to get any headshots from long range. I haven't seen any skilled snipers so as it is now to get headshotted you need to stand absolutely still. Move all the time and you won't get killed. If you want to take a sip of tea or look at the map, or change music playing - sit in a cover.

And try sniping yourself. I see you don't have a single clue of what it's like since you've mentioned "OP Bolt-drivers"

I've played only vanu HA and it's point and click. I also play inf., HA, LA and an engineer recently, but not alot. Compared to all above - it's point and click.

And any "utility" infiltrator have is useless. I don't know what do you mean by "recon abilities", and I don't see any use of decoy grenade, aswell as EMP one. Usual grenade able to clear a room is still much better.

As for hacking - it's a bit more complicated. First of all it's much more dangerious to hack offensively then defensively, because in the first case you're inside enemies' base, and every single class is better then you in CQC combat. When you've hacked a terminal there's actually no one to get ammo from it - so it's useless. If there are alot of guys nearby then you've probably got a sunderer to deploy nearby, and actually winning the fight.

Of course I've had some beautiful moments like hacking 3 anti vehicle cannons as an inf, forcing people to kill their own cannons, while I've killed like 5-7 tanks with them and a total of like 30 people. But it's still quite rare, because it order for it to happen you must go into their base which is quite hard since cloaking gives basically nothing, and shotguns are taken away, so inside the base you must be better then every single guy you meet (if they're not infiltrators that is, in this case it's a fair fight). As a guy who plays various classes I can say that any guy with a shotgun, or a heavy assault, even with a pistol, is a guaranteed death for an infiltratorin this case, if said guy is not completely horrible.

Ha-ha, good one.

One guy says that I must infintrate and hack as a HA, you say I must stay away. Make your mind up people.

It's actually because majority of people play with what they're successful the most.

You can't "knife them in the back", because you don't have perfect invisibility, and even if you had, try to knife a sprinting person in the back. You'll get spotted and ***** with an LMG unless your potential victim is a complete ******. I mean, you can actually see cloaked infiltrator, you have more defense and firepower, what else do I need to say?

You're doing something wrong with your HA then. like 70% of my deaths are either vehicles that I try to kill, or I run out of ammo both on my LMG, pistol and go out of C4. Then you're left with a knife only - you'll probably die to the next person you'll meet.

Personally I wouldn't like this game to have HA as the only useful infantry unit. I want people to play various classes because in my opinion it will make the game more interesting.

Now please could you tell me what support ulitities do LA have and what support and infiltrator can actually provide to his team? (Don't even start with "you can hack a terminal within an enemy base far away from the closest ally")