Heavies very overpowered.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Malael, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Malael

This class seriously needs some toning down. It's the easiest class to play; requiring almost zero skill to do well with. If someone gets the jump on you that is not playing a heavy class, you can easily turn and down them before your shields drop - from 200+ meters, to boot. The only thing that I feel is well balanced with the class is the rockets.

I take no pride in getting a high score count and great k:d when playing this class.

Highly recommend a nerf to both the weapon power and survivability of the heavy assault.
    • Up x 1
  2. Trollcifer

It's called "Assault" for a reason. It's sole purpose is combat.

I find my XP gain per hour is higher using Medic and Engi to be honest.
    • Up x 10
  3. VoidMagic

Heavy...Assaut...

it's not for macrame...
    • Up x 3
  4. Whargoul

It's pretty easy to kill a HA if you know how to aim.
    • Up x 9
  5. Hosp

Working as intended. Good day.
    • Up x 3
  6. Eyeklops

TTK is faster on most Light Assault carbines. Accuracy at range is better on almost all Medic Assault Rifles. Heavy Assault has an extra shield to breach doors and take a tank shell to the face and live. All have an advantage when used properly.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jestunhi

This is only the case if the HA is hitting his shield ability the moment he is attacked, otherwise his normal shield is no better than anyone else's.
    FYI high k:d ratio is not the purpose of the game. It's not a team deathmatch.
  8. irishroy

[IMG]

but move away, snipe them with carbines
    trololol
  9. Hodo

I havent had issues with killing HA with my LA or Engineer. I guess your doing it wrong.
  10. infinite loop

^ this. If you are engaging HA outdoors at range as LA/Engie/Medic w/o any cover you are doing it wrong.
  11. grapefruit hamster

You must hate it when you get the jump on me in my MAX suit then...I could reload, tell you a story, and still kill you and live.
  12. Atom7

HA's are fine the way they are right now.
  13. SixVoltSamurai

Look, if you can kill bad players that get the jump on you, great, don't go calling for uninformed nerfs because you think it's too good. At least have some hard data, this is merely hearsay and biased observation. People who play to your strengths as a heavy will get mowed down, and it might feel easy. Classes that play to their own strengths or at least attempt to negate yours, can and will destroy you regularly. No need to nerf, nothing to see here, you can go about your business, move along.
  14. Dankshasta

Did the OP ever consider that the majority of all attacking infantry should probably be Heavy Assault. It's the meat, and potatoes of the infantry classes. This isn't some rock, paper, scissors tab targeter.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ocaml

Heavy Assault has the best surviving potential with its special ability. It has the best firepower at close range. But at medium and long ranges he falls short to assault rifles and sometimes even carbines.
  16. Sento

Its called HEAVY ASSAULT for a reason. While every other class is split between support and combat, the HA isnt. It is solely focused on combat and nothing else. Its the front line shocktrooper. It should have an advantage over every other class in a 1 on 1. If all they can do is kill then of course they are going to be good at it, otherwise what would be the point of playing them?
  17. Malael

Lots of idiots responding in this thread.

Sad that the nerf bat is sure to swing on your beloved cheese class? Ya..

FYI, I played the HA until I realized how stupid the class is: I now see it as the no-skill-required-kiddie-omgimsogoodatthisgame class.
  18. Sirez

2/10. Too obvious.
    • Up x 1
  19. Village

heavy assault + battle rifle = counter-sniper
  20. exLupo

If battle rifles were any good. They are, on the numbers, inferior in most ways (except magazine/reserve) when compared to scouts.

Not that I don't use it on my engi all the time. I'm just not impressed by it when I look at it next to proper long range tools. Needs testing but I think the ADS CoF recovery may be bugged and its possible that there's a difference in damage degradation mechanics.

@OP:

"If you don't agree with me, you must be stupid/self serving/a liar." Barring straight violence, that's possibly the worst way to respond to criticism.
    • Up x 1