[Suggestion] Heat mechanic guns are OP!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GImofoJoe, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Xasapis

Infinite ammo is a useless trait, especially as a HA. I could understand it on a LA, but then we're talking about the Eclipse. As for the 0.75, it's wasted on the heavy, when LAs, Medics and Engineers get a free pass with their weapons in other factions. As for whether people would trade it over 50 extra bullets on the Orion, you bet they would. The 1%, if that, that can consistently take advantage of the 0.75 can not be offset by something that everybody can benefit from. Which is basically the strongest argument the NC have against the SAW, it's an amazing weapon, but it's not for everyone.
  2. battlegoose

It's really not a real thing. Go try using it in CS where A/D spam is useful for resetting your CoF and getting perfect AK shots in rapid succession. Then come to this game and try the same thing with the HA shield on and watch how you get mowed down all the same not to mention your accuracy tanks because of the increased bloom on your CoF.

The NC and TR like to whine about it but 0.75x ADS is still incredibly slow. I watch people mow me down at 30m when I'm an LA with Adrenaline Pump and sprinting in a path perpendicular to them. Then they come on here and complain they can't hit a VS HA that's 15m away and moving 90% slower.

Why learn to play and get better at a game when you can simply whine and complain until your opponent is handicapped. Why do you think the VS have the worst overall ES stuff? We don't have an army of whiners to annoy the devs (nor do we have any devs that are willing to play on the VS and yet say it's absolutely the best...cause humans just LOVE to purposely handicap themselves...).
  3. Flag

Mmm, never stop firing.

Edit.
    Also grats on BR100.
  4. pnkdth

It is especially useful on HA. I've lost count of the times my kill streak ended because I ended up having to resort to the Beamer. Thankfully, the Spiker is good now so it is less of an issue. Also, only 1% who take advantage of the 0.75x ADS speed? Every single HA who goes into ADS benefit from it. Being able to strafe faster is not the only advantage... Being able to stay in ADS around corners, not having to go in and out of it, will save you countless of times.

It is one thing to downplay no bullet drop, but it is silly to dimiss the 0.75x movement mod on the Orion/SVA as a trivial advantage.

I love the SAW too, but its usefulness is hampered by base design, which tend to favour mobility.
  5. Xasapis

No. Every single class that has a 0.75 weapon benefits from it. All SMGs, all shotguns, numerous AR and Carbines for the non VS and so on. On the HA it's kind of wasted, simply because of the lack of synergy with the shield. The key word here is consistently, which is why I spoke of 1%. Sure, some people may benefit some of the times they try to ADS while moving, but all people will benefit from extra bullets.

As for bullet drop, that trait is completely useless. Noone said the same about the movement modifier, quite the contrary. The difference is that the usefulness is both sporadic and limited, but quite strong when applied consistently. Bullet drop is simply useless.
  6. Nepau

Ahh I was wondering what the next "This X of VS is OP NURF IT" would be.

Heat mechanic guns... really?.... REALLY??? Fine tell you what, have em. I honestly don't care. Perhaps we can interest you in the Charge up Mechanic as well? I'm honestly getting tired of this. It seems that EVERYTHING that the VS has is overpowered, so much so that as soon as 1 thing is "taken care of" there is something else to complain about, be it Orion, Lancer, Vortex, Heat mechanic guns (Phase shift and Eclipse are obviously over powered as the OP has stated in his title that All Heat mechanic guns are OP).

Honestly I'd be fine with the Dev's just giving the VS all NS guns, if only because it would be Harder for people to say that they are OP... well then again they have been saying that VS camo is OP forever as well, so I guess we need to be large glowing blobs as well.

Yes this is me venting, but after 2+ years of this I'm kind of getting annoyed.
  7. Xind

So you think by making VS glowing amorphous blobs that spray bullets they WON'T be the most played faction?
  8. Nepau

Considering all the things they say are OP for the Vanu and yet it isn't the Most populated Globally (yes some server have imbalances, but the stats have shown GLOBALY that the VS has been the least populated of the 3 factions since launch) I really doubt it would do much.
  9. Xind

I was "implying" your proposal would be more attractive than the current VS.
    Tough Room.
  10. Mxiter

You are completely confusing recoil bias and horizontal recoil.

Try the equinox and the HV-45.

[IMG]

The equinox have a stonger bias(17/20 right bias), that makes the bullet pulling more left and can easily be compensed but is quite accurate at range (0.2/0.2H.recoil)
    The HV-45 have a lower recoil bias (15/20 right bias.), but a much higher horizontal recoil( 0.3/0.3H.recoil), that makes shaking it lest and right randomly and much stonger for finally worse oveall accuracy.
    Try to use HV-45 or serpent at 40m without grip and with more than 50% hits.
    or
    play something else than vanu.
    • Up x 1
  11. Shanther

I am going to make thing extremely simple for you. If you are trying to shoot at things that a 40m or more with an HV45 or Serpent without a grip (or even with) you are doing it very wrong and have no one to blame but yourself. People blame recoil when in reality they are doing stupid things like that.
  12. Bixli

..op? ..i thought they were up. anyway ..let's say they're balanced.
  13. Mxiter

but you can to it verry efficiently with low horizontal weapons (even with bias) without foregrip like razor.

Coincidence?? i don't think so.
  14. Shanther

...I highly suggest you read what you just posted.

You just compared two high ROF weapons to a very low ROF weapon. That is your first mistake. The HV45 and Serpent are supposed to be CQC weapons. The Razor is supposed to be a longish range weapon. No crap it is going to be easier to shoot at a distance.

No it isn't a coincidence. It is you making extremely bad comparisions. If someone lacks the ability to control recoil on a low ROF weapon then they have larger issues.
  15. Mxiter

HV-45 compared to TORQ if you prefer.

But i thought that recoil control was very very easy for you ;)
  16. Shanther

See above.

If you are trying to shoot at things that a 40m or more with a an HV45 or Serpent TORQ without a grip (or even with) you are doing it very wrong and have no one to blame but yourself. People blame recoil when in reality they are doing stupid things like that.

Please stop talking.

At the end of the day if you are shooting at targets well outside the effective range of your weapon it doesn't matter what the recoil is. If you are shooting inside the effective / optimal range of your weapon recoil is largely a non issue. However if you are in between the two unless you have Parkinsons recoil is not a huge problem.
    • Up x 1
  17. Mxiter

what are the limits of weapon range now? wich factor? Bullet velocitity? Bloom? or Recoil?

Explain me! i'm just a rookie that don't know anything about game & weapons mechanics. :D

BTW TORQ is still decent at 40m, like all 0.2 H.recoil weapons are.
  18. Xasapis

And finally this thread has devolved into ****** comparison.
  19. Shanther

And all of this explains why you have really low accuracy...
  20. Mxiter

Lack of arguments, then personnal attacks.

Nah I have relatively poor accurcay because:
    1) I spended 30% of my playtime under 20 FPS
    2) I play the faction with the worst recoil patterns.
    3) i learned how to control much many recoil patterns than only on the best 3 infantry weapons.

But it's always funny to receive recoil "lessons" from a guy thay plays the low recoil faction, really. :rolleyes: