[Suggestion] Healing Grenade: - Should restore shield as well as health

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Mongychops, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Mongychops

The Problem:

Currently the "Healing Grenade" is rarely used. This is mostly because the revive grenade is arguably too powerful to forego, however it is also because the healing grenade is too situational to be useful. If we do not want to nerf the Revive Grenade, then it means the Healing Grenade should be buffed.

The healing grenade restores HP at 100 hp/sec to someone in its area of effect. There are several reasons this is not very useful:

• Medics offensively already use the Nano-Regen Device AOE heal, to heal without using the tool.
    • Many players already use medkits.
    • When someone has already lost their shield, the CQC TTKs are very low.
    • When someone loses their shield and most of their HP, they often run to cover rather than stay up front in the fight.
    The Suggestion:

• The "Healing Grenade" should be renamed "Regeneration Grenade".
    • It will continue to heal at 100 hp/sec.
    • It will additionally regenerate shield at the same rate as a max rank regeneration device (if a player is on full hp).
    • The cost will be 25 nanites. (optional)
    • It could also regen class ability energy (optional, potentially too powerful)
    The Purpose:

As the Revive Grenade bringing the dead back into the fight, the Regeneration Grenade will keep the living in the fight. The limitation of the Nano-Regen Device is it requires the medic to be both right up close and alive, the limitation of the Regeneration Device is that it similarly requires the Medic to run right up to place it, and it is vulnerable to EMP effects (or direct fire) destroying it.

The Regeneration Grenade will allow a Medic to bring the benefits of the Nano-Regen Device and Regeneration Device to a distant location, and cannot be countered by killing the medic or destroying the device (as with the two "F" abilities). The balancing downside is a resource cost and the limited carrying capacity. The changes make it very useful both in a room assault and defence situation.
    Thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Skiptrace

Hmm, not a bad concept, though I think that the Grenades should be Tiered. Where you invest to make them better, So like Rez Grenades start at a 25% HP Revive, and end up at a 65% at max rank, and these new "Regeneration Grenades" would go from say 100HP/s to 175HP/s and at Full HP beginning rank would be 50Shield/s to 90Shield/s at max rank. This would make Medic Cert Investment more wanted, and would balance Medics a bit more as they are kinda OP once they get access to Revive Grenades and other tools like that.
  3. Takoita

I would prefer the thing to deal damage-over-time to anyone in the cloud, to be honest.
  4. Certs-For-Days

Seeing as the Medic Regeneration shield is a thing and that you can carry Heal Grenades and Shield Regen at the same time, just pop down a shield Regen and toss a heal grenade. Problem solved. If Daybreak changes the Heal Grenades to what you said, then the Shield Regen device will be useless. Buff the radius of the Regen Shield and you're good to go.

ATTENTION: I have a YouTube channel that is just starting out and I would love feedback/constructive criticism to improve my videos. Thanks for checking out my channel if you have the time. Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnoculoptGaming
  5. TheKhopesh

I think class ability regen is fine so long as it doesn't apply to MAX or HA abilities.
    I'm fine with medics getting faster AOE regen, light assaults getting faster jump jet regen, and infils getting faster cloak regen, but the last thing the force multiplier spam problem in this game needs is HA's with even more heavy shields or maxes who don't need to wait for the max sprint to regenerate.