Heads up. new light assault nerf

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by quickbeam2, Jan 16, 2015.

1. VVar.

Lul wut? lock down Prowlers are paper compared to a BR 100 Vanny Driver that knows what he is doing. I'm actually happy the tanks are getting a buff. This TTK is ridiculous and sorry for LA's working for there directives guess you have to think and choose targets more wisely.
  2. vanu123

This game has never been world of tanks since tanks have always been instagibbed by infantry and made of paper
    • Up x 1
  3. qquqq

you say nerf but I only hear buffs, buff to emp, buff to drifters, buff to mbt hp,
    light assault are 1 of 4 classes with c4, and it is not directly changed,
    not that Im happy to hear mbts are getting buffed in any way, I don't like vehicles, the only thing they do that is good is explode,
  4. Reclaimer77

I am so angered by these changes, I'm thinking of quitting. The game is going to suck so hardcore when this goes live for infantry players. The game has already been losing it's appeal for a while now. But the devs constantly catering to Vehicleside players, while giving infantry nothing, is just offensive.

MBT's can already soak up an insane amount of damage, and Fire Suppression is just silly. I can't comprehend how any player can claim they aren't durable enough. I guess they are just really bad and think "Wraaawrrrr I have a tank, I should be able to go anywhere no matter how many players are shooting at me!!!"

Poor Light Assault. First we're teased with a revamp that gets canceled, and now here comes a HUGE nerf. If you let someone with C-4 get THAT close to you, you really SHOULD die. I'm sorry but you should, it's your fault.
    • Up x 4
  5. bl33ping

i play LA a fair amount and c4 tanks when i can but i'm all for this change. i'm sick of squishies insta-gibbing my tank out of nowhere (especially on broken arch on indar). now LA's will have to carefully select damaged vehicles to blow up.. either that or coordinate with friends. this also makes solo suicide flashes a tad more difficult (another cheesy tactic that i'm sick of).

bring on the c4 nerf!
  6. Iridar51

Not sure if changes are even on the PTS, maybe they won't go live at all. Don't bury yourself just yet.
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

RIP LA, 2012-2015.

Glad I finished up my LA directives last week.

Also, not surprising that we're getting nerfed when Higby has barley over 45 hours played on LA out of 870 played... or 5% of his play time.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Higby
  8. player16

I just blow up one tank with one c4 but my, is like being half gay oh oh oh, la has two 2 rockets that is an hp boost joke i get more than that! wow the la battle rank inferior to mine just blew me up without av grenade. cry command not allowed, i blow out light and mbt with one stick of c4, pity none
  9. player16

we are all happy you did and you finally met reality! medics dual wield pistol and medical applicator..
  10. player16

redoctover it does not even hurts me!
  11. player16

the problem is i am destroyed in that mode without a secondary not even ambt
  12. player16

functions for deployment shield, it is one or 2 secs to deploy your havoc
  13. player16

like we got blew up at full health tank by two la that was meant to be if you cannot bring a tank to one c4 you better do not play! i got my first kill with just one c4 against a lightning that was killing everyone in an west indar base. no longer you will hide.but your tanks are not going up the bridge.so medics with two bricks will no longer be able to destroy tanks ohh i just leave my brick as a mark....
  14. Leivve

*flips table*
    **** you higgby! You're caving in to the bads man. Stop it. Grow a spine, or let me give you mine at the least; ****!
    • Up x 1
  15. Moonheart

Stalker here. And let me say I'm feeling empathic with you.
    The changes hurts the infiltrators as well, since it means that turret hacking will become even less useful than before (we can't stay forever into those turrets, and they are be even less likely to kill a tank now) and that our wraiths will have even less chances to take a damage tank down.

But C4 bombing was probably one of the funniest thing in your class. I know because I tried it. And now it is going to be almost as worthless as our hacking ability.

I do not understand how SOE get those ideas. Tanks are already too powerful for how easy they are to spawn... why break one class fun and diminish further an already weak skill one another class by making them even harder to kill?
    • Up x 4
  16. TheMercator

What?:eek: You know, that a anchored prowler chews through anything and everything, even a 2/2 AP-Vannie with shield?
  17. Dualice

Nine times out of ten, if a tanker puts him or herself in a position where a light assault can hover over, drop two sticks of C4, get to a safe distance and press the button, the light assault deserved the kill. I suspect these tank enhancements are a result of the current strengths of the sunderer.

C4 is such a niche and situational piece of kit. Why didn't they just improve tanks' resistance to anti-vehicle munitions and/or mines? It's the Liberator dumb-fire/tank round situation all over again (admittedly, thankfully, those resistances were eventually reverted). People netting those sorts of kills should be rewarded for doing so.
    • Up x 4
  18. Alan Kalane

This guy... I have no idea what he's talking about... and yet I sense he doesn't have an idea either...

What does medical applicator, Red October(I think) and being gay have to do with C4???

Also he seems to have just scored his first kill with C4 on a lightning...Cute. Congratz.
    • Up x 1
  19. Reclaimer77

Base flipped last night and we all poured out of it and did our typical footzerg the perimeter and clean it up of enemies.

There's a Vanguard sitting in the road about 30 meters from the wall. He just sits there while about 50 infantry run toward it, Max units, who knows what else. No support vehicles, nothing.

So he just sits there and starts taking shots at the coming infantry. I run right up to him and toss a C4 on the top, BOOOM. He just turns on his shield! He doesn't even move or anything!

So I hit him with the second brick, and watched him explode.

And they call that cheese?
    • Up x 1
  20. blzbug

As a counter-buff, they could un-nerf the C4 bricks that magically disappear into thin air when the owner dies. Then an LA could get the job done, but it would cost more resources and require 2 runs. I much prefer Dualice's suggestion (just increase mbt AV resist but not C4 resist). The zombie C4 can't be blown by the respawned player, but it would stack for detonation by incoming fire or additional C4s. We spent 75 resources for the damn brick... the least it can do is sit there!
    • Up x 1