Have you spent 1000 certs on a new weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KoooZ, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Toco Toucan

Bought the lasher for 1k certs. Not a single regret in the world. It's fun as hell to use.
  2. f1stbr34k3r

saving for the gd-7f... 250 certs away
    BR 25 if that matters.
  3. QuantumMechanic

I am coming up on having earned 2,000 certs in total. So that means I could have bought 2 new guns, and not upgraded my character in any way or got any sights or anything.

Instead I've purchased probably at least 10 weapons on the shop. Yes the cert costs for weapons is insane.
  4. Lopshot

Nope & never will... $7.00 or a 1000 cert's ? If ya break down, lets just say it takes you 24 hr's to get 1000 cert's... $7.00 wins. I would rather spend them on side-grades, that's just comparing my time to money spent, I enjoy playing rather then worrying about grinding for cert's.... but everybody has their own play style & how they value their time compared to cash.
  5. wolfva

Not one regret? Not even that one time...at band camp.....
    /ducking

Paid a K certs for something? Nah, not yet. Unless I find myself with a bunch of certs, not gonna happen. I doubt I'll be around long enough to GET that many certs <LOL>.
  6. Tenzin

I bought the MSW-R for ~100 certs, but haven't bought anything close to 1000 certs. Then again, I've never had more than 300 certs at once, always tend to start spending them when I have that many.
  7. steverowland

Yes, I purchased a 1000 cert weapon, it was VS sniper rifle.
    Why didn't I buy with SC? well its better to spend that on booster (if you play a lot), at one point I had like 3000 certs so why not buy a weapon.
    I could have gotten rank 4 of magburner (got rank 3 for 500) or that weapon, those 2 things attracted me the most.

Actually the main reason is that I don't really want to invest lots of certs to get things that don't change the playstyle - for example reload speed for scythe rockets is a stupid upgrade for me because it is barely noticeable and thus doesn't bring me more fun.

I spend certs to have more fun, not to get benefit over other people.
    I like to unlock new stuff like c4, mines, magburner ability and such (and the CD reduction is huge, from 60sec originally to 20sec to get full magburner at rank 4).

I just had lots of certs as mentioned so I bought what I thought would be interesting - faster magburner, mines, at mines, c4, I wanted to play infiltrator with bolt action sniper so I got it.

You are saying people who want to spend certs on playstyle, not upgrade must be broke?
    Well I say people who spend certs mostly on upgrades (like high ranks of nanite armor and such) are just trying to compensate their bad skill or I dunno.
    You are basically paying thousands of certs just to take one more bullet? How fun is that?
    I better spend certs for new weapon, abilities, fun stuff - better to have magburber rank 4 to be able to use it every 10 sec (you can use on half) to jump all over the place then spend certs on passive speed increase for magrider, I don't even notice that, it is like 5 more kmph...

With SC I only buy stuff I really want now, like I purchased second AA for max, HE for magrider, rockets for scythe, cannon for lib etc.
  8. iller

Fat chance with no boosts... (aka: difficulty Hard Mode)
    Got 6days of playtime and only 2000 certs earned. I'm still playing catchup on the bare essential upgrades.

(PS: it's not me, it's my CPU and my class that both suck pretty hard in situations everyone else farms certs like mad in) ...also starting to think this game wasn't intended to actually be playable for the long-term by F2P's. (unless someone else here is "experimenting" with it too and can prove me wrong)
  9. T0urist

I bought the decimator for 1000 certs. Whilst i like the gun i think i'd prefer to buy it with station cash. WHY? Well because certs you can't buy and need to kit out your vehicles and classes and weapons. However if my classes were all kitted out to the max i may use it for weapons. I think SC for weapon purchases is the way to go if just starting the game (just for a few desireables) then mid to late game cert buy weapons.
  10. SolitarioSoldat

Dont have double XP purchased, but I like to spend my certs. Since I play mostly HA, once when I pass 1000 kills on a weapon I have enough certs for another one, but best ever spend certs are on my MAX.

AA - Bursters x2
    AV - Cannons x2 (forgot the name of the weapon)
    AI - Hacksaw x2 + (magnum ammo for both when fighting Medium range infantry)

Alone for my MAX I have spend 4300 certs.... probably lots more too on HA class weapons, upgrades, Sunderer weapons, Flash weapons....
  11. treeHamster

So far I've gotten the roflpods (1k), left burster (1k), lasher (1k) and JUST got it, and now working towards the 1k VS sniper (have the XM98 for 100 certs).

I've gotten 5k certs altogether since I started on the day after the game went live last month. What really helps is playing for the awards. I scored 200 certs off the 1200 kill award for the Solstice (under my engie). The game says you will get "100" but it gives you 200. I'm working on my Orion right now to see if it gives 100 or 200 certs when you hit that last award.

Also, headshot fest at the crown is usually good for ~150 certs an hour when the battle gets good (and you are using a bolt sniper). Since all the factions have a 100 cert SR that uses a 6x scope (by default), I would say grab one of those as you'll those certs back in under a day playing at the Crown in a decent battle.

Normally I play an hour or two after I finish working each day and try to do a lot of support stuff. One big one will be setting up an Ammo AMS on the north hill in front of Crossroads Watchtower on Indar, then putting two ammo pods on the ground. Since that's the most stable spawn point for the VS going for the Crown (and tanks love to amass on that hill), you can usually score 35-40 certs an hour just by support. Then I run down the hill and head into the fight to grab another 30-40 certs an hour which brings me to 75 or so total an hour. Play that for a solid 3-4 hour battle at the Crown and you will walk away with plenty of certs. Add in repairing tanks and your Sundy, each time you spawn, and you can rack up almost 80 certs an hour (doesn't count the award certs you get for kills on your gun).

It takes a while to get stuff in the game (which is annoying), but the default weapons you get are honestly really good. I would have to say that you should just add attachments (I use a 2x reflex and laser) for all but the Infiltrator. Then I have a laser on all my pistol load outs for extra accuracy when it comes down to it.

What really saves you certs is not upgrading your classes (or vehicles) past level 3 (except for medic due to the extra health on the revive). More than 75% of the benefit on almost all the upgrades comes from the first 2 or 3 upgrades. After that you're just wasting certs on something that may get nerfed or crapped on, if they release a better upgrade to replace it. The only thing I've spent more than 100 certs on in terms of class upgrades was the level 3 repair tool and leveling up the medic tool (the medic tool gets more benefit from the higher levels than the lower ones while every other upgrade is the opposite).
  12. BlamTown

When im sitting on 1000 certs.. Can not justify that on one item. No matter what, there is not one single weapon that is worth that many certs.

I'm damn mad that I missed the 3x day..... They picked the time of the year when people are way too busy at work to give us really good deals? Because of that I don't see myself spending any money. I would have spent it then.. But now it just feels like a waste.
  13. ZombieRommel

I spent 1000 certs on the Hawk a couple weeks ago. I was satisfied with my purchase until the recent patch, which made all the lock-on weapons broken and bugged.
  14. VSraindown

Hey man, you may not think taking one extra bullet would add to my fun. You are not really looking at the big picture though. I bought my classes weapons with station cash, that leaves my certs just for specing out my class. That extra bullet of health in my shield will alllow me to survive on a single kill spree just seconds longer. Yesterday I was having 5-8 kill sprees. Without my class kit'd how it is, I honestly don't think it would be possible. And it is VERY fun. for me.
  15. PsychoBat

Yeah, I've got 3-4 weapons that I've gotten with 1000 certs and yeah, I consider them a good investment. I'm not playing this game to get weapons every day. I'm playing this game because it's a lot of fun and the certs just come with the ride.
  16. FA_Q2

Nope, and never will. That was the point when they made them stupid expensive in certs. I have only certed ONE weapon with certs and that is the 100 cert weapon for my scythe. Could not see spending 2.50 for a 100 cert weapon when 7.00 gets me the 1K cert weapons. Honestly, my time is worth more than the cost of the weapons and since I am spending my 3x SC those 1K cert weapons that take a minimum of 10 hours to attain only cost a measly 2.33. Add onto that, 90 percent of my purchases were done on the sale items essentially making my weapons cost under 1.50. That's cheap and allows me to concentrate on upgrading my classes. Why would I not purchase these at that price. If I had not bought my weapons in this manner I would not have a viable AA scythe, AG scythe, AI Mag, LA with full C4 and both CQC, medium and long range weapon load outs, AA MAX, a useful lightning when my mag is not an option, an actual useful weapon on my infl, 2 different engie load outs ect...
    Essentially, I get options and that's why I buy. It is much more fun for me to be able to approach any situation with several viable load out selections than it is for me to be stuck in the default load outs.
  17. Xasapis

Well, I play the game as an mmorpg, aka long term. People want unlocks right now and thus fuel SOE's cash shop, but in reality, once you purchase everything, you lose all avenues of progression.

At this point I've purchased several 1k weapons with certs (4 or 5). Let me see ... AA scythe gun, rocket pods, AA missiles, three engineer weapons, magrider's saron and anti infantry main. All those with certs. At the very beginning I have purchased a couple weapons with SC, but I have now regretted my decision. I stick to strictly cosmetics now.
  18. D0n

Never, but I have spent a collective of 1k points in many different weapons for vehicles.
  19. Zapon

This was an interesting post- I didn't expect that to work.

From what I've understood- the best thing for grabbing a good cert rate was deploying a normal AMS sundy- but with the restrictions now in place for radius, I suppose this is no longer the case

For me- Dropping ammo packs in the middle of heavy fights often has provided a ton of XP- but i'll admit i dont seem to exceed 30 + per hour no matter what i'm doing

I've heard some talk about liberator gunnign as a solution- but i imagine you'd have to have gotten boosts and stuff , and at that point..
  20. supahitecjetfyta

bought the Flash a Kobalt early on with certs(100C, well worth it) and a Bulldog for my Sundy(250C).
    i bought the Fury for my Flash with SC and then spent nearly 1000certs on upgrading it.
    ive spent next to nothing on most vehicles and classes.
    im just an Engy with a decked out ATV.