Have you spent 1000 certs on a new weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KoooZ, Dec 24, 2012.

1. KoooZ

If you have, tell me why and whether you'd do it again given the chance. I've only gotten new weapons through SC, 1000 certs seems like you have to really be broke as hell to pick it.
  2. Cikk

No, but I've come close.

I've bought 750 cert weapons, 500 cert weapons, and 100/250 cert weapons, obviously I've bought more of the cheaper ones. I have easily 10k certs in the game, maybe more.

No I haven't paid 1k certs for a weapon - mainly because this game cost me 0$. So the way I see it? I'm 60 bucks up on my gaming budget.

2 months of subscription, and 30$ of game cards. 60$ - worth every penny.
  3. Roobarb

No, I bought mine.
  4. QuantumMechanic

No, and I don't see myself ever doing so.
  5. Blitzer

I bought GD-7F (NC fast carbine) for 1k certs, no regrets. I'm in no rush of unlocking everything instantly, in fact I think my interest for the game would take a pretty big hit if just bought everything.

So far I've only used SC for cosmetics (since you can't get those with certs.)
  6. Dictatorfish

I haven't spent 1000 certs on a weapon yet, but only yet. I fully intend on saving up for a second burster for AA Max. The one and only reason why I haven't spent 1000 certs yet is because the only weapon I have purchased so far is less than 1000 certs (Vanu H-V45 "Hydra" assault rifle for my medic).

In my opinion, spending 1000 certs on a weapon that is essential for your role - such as a second flak gun to play a AA Max, a new rifle to play a one shot kill sniper, etc. - is just the same as spending up to or even more than 1000 certs in order to fully upgrade any other role required equipment, e.g. Medic medapp, Engineer nano armour kit, etc.
  7. Lazaruz

I use certs for weapons when the cert cost goes below the SC cost.
    The 100-500 cert weapons are usually in that realm. So far I've used certs for 3-4 weapons.
  8. siiix

nope i earned only 1500 cers in 120 hours ... so i rater pay the $1.50-$2.5 for a weapon

there are many upgrades that can be only purchased with certs
    • Up x 1
  9. Gavyne

I bought mine, but if I didn't have the money, I would've worked the certs for it. It's the trade off for those that play for free vs those that pay. 10% of Planetside 2 players pay, so the rest 90% can play without paying. 1,000 certs is more than reasonable.
  10. Fox234

Broke down and spent $30 on SC (one game card for the NS 11 Plat and a wal mart card on triple SC day) so everything I have was paid for. I may spend another $30 because I feel PS2 is at least worth the cost of a game (not worth a continued cost such as a sub or regular SC purchases) however after the triple SC I know for a fact everything in PS2 is drastically overpriced both with certs and SC. Why does a 1k cert gun and a 500 cert gun cost the same SC?
  11. medbot544

Never. Cert gain is so slow outside of exp weekends. I rather put those points into abilites for classes/vehicles instead. Buyin weapons with $$ here saves months and months of grind. This, ofc, is working as intended.
  12. JustSe7en

I'm happy with the starting weapons I have right now. The only thing I would spend cert points on are upgrades, or attachments for guns... Or if I played the VS more often i'd buy the bolt action rifle for like 250 cert points or whatever it is.
  13. 4set

I have everything I need atm upgraded on my Mercenary, so I am saving up for a shotgun.. Because living in the real world has taught me how to save for things, instead of letting money ((or virtual gains)) burn a hole in my pocket and having me splurg on things I dont really need..
  14. medbot544

I throw cash at games if I believe it is good, fun to play, and it will help with further additional content. PS2 seems to be meeting this criteria for now so I have thrown a lot of cash at it so far. Hopefulley, there is enough of us to get new content for the frees and guys with disposable income like me who are more than willingly to financially support PS2. Now if new content does not come or to slow to arrive then I won't be spending much more....

Having said that, payin for cash shop guns/cosmetics with money cuts a heck of an amount of grind out of the process and then certs can be used purely for abilities/attachments/etc. This is the attraction.
  15. Forumguy2

I have unlocked 1 gun for 1000 certs, the razor carbine gun.
  16. Skadi

use SC to buy weps for class, use certs to upgrade the class.
  17. Mr.V.Light

750 - I bought a zepher with certs.

absolutely worth it.

I have a couple 1k unlocks but those were done with SC, not certs.
  18. souled

twice, got the VPC for the magrider and the serpent for the LA.

did it because I'm pretty dead set against micro transactions.

Edit: apparently the VPC was only 750? I had a 1000 when I bought it, must have picked up the frame for the magrider and armor then
  19. alecholman

Certs only for attachments and things you can't buy with SC.
  20. Dasmasterneko

I am saving an arm and a leg for the damn hawk anti air rocket launcher. Mainly because the NC cant be asked to have anti air.