Have you ever regretted a cert investment?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sixstring, May 5, 2014.

1. Sixstring

I usually eventually find a use for everything but mine is definitely certing my ESF as a ground and pound vehicle. I spent so much on the scout radar and rocket pods which I barely get to use so now I have decided to specialize my reaver with coyotes vs esf,A2A missiles vs liberators and the Air Hammer with thermal as my all around and ground weapon. I HAVE to have the engagement radar and I use Nanite repair and the dogfighting airframe. I have just adapted my Liberator and tanks strictly for groundwork. So has anyone else spent the big 1000(or more) on something they NEVER use? It definitely taught me a lesson in getting a gameplan and sticking to it without making rash,spur of the moment decisions.
  2. Paragon Exile

The Corvus, along with all the relevant attachments.

At BR 12, when I was supposed to be saving for a level 6 medic tool, I pissed away hundreds of certs because IGROWWEARYOFTHISWORLD ran me over in his tank.

That was a sad day.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tentakewls

Deimos.
    Specifically, Deimos + ~40 fps + 250 ms latency.
  4. GotCerts

Stalker, PDW + 500 certs of attachments, Kobalt, Vortex, Gauss Sniper, Flak for Heavy Assault, Medical Applicator 6, AoE Healing, Various Sunderer performance boosts and utillity slots, Skygaurd.
  5. SavageBacon

Only things that radically get changed because it's not necessarily what you certed for.
  6. Paragon Exile

wat
    • Up x 11
  7. z1967

Spare Ammo pack 2 for my engineer :|
  8. Latrodectus

The day the Duster came out I maxed out the reload speed, thermal, and some points into the ammo reserve. Even after some fooling around with it in the VR I honestly didn't think it was going to under-perform so drastically.
    • Up x 1
  9. Sixstring

LOL See I'm the exact opposite here I got the Claw(NC) and I love it. But the thing is I love the Piston just as much or maybe more. The shotguns really excell against a large group of people crammed together.It's especially great when I see a bunch of Br 100 tags at the bottom of the screen and I know they raged. The difference is the Rocketpods are very situational and temporary and even with thermal by the time I get a bead on somebody I've already been locked on so I have to fly away so I might survive,since I can't equip flares and a radar. Oh well I guess that's just the way she goes sometimes.
  10. NC_agent00kevin

HE on the Lightning.

But only because I started playing other factions too and most other weapons were bought with SC, meaning I had those weapons as a newbie on VS and TR.
  11. GotCerts

I never run around as a Medic mostly Heavy and sometimes Engie or LA. Only switch to Medic if chain revive is needed next to sundy.
  12. AdamRah2

When i first started the game i got every suit slot option for L.A then i realized you can only equip one at a time
    • Up x 7
  13. Paragon Exile

I'll not put a coat on a goat for you, the level 6 medi-tool is literally the most powerful thing in the game when it comes to making certs. Nothing else really even compares to how much XP it makes. That single investment of 500 certs has made me roughly 50% of my total XP, that's not a word of exaggeration.
    • Up x 3
  14. DaninTexas

Max timers on several vehicles

Getting to one from max is fine. Max is a complete waste of 1k certs.
  15. Michel

L100 Python HE + all 3 Armor types for the Lightning.
    And the first level of Auto Repair for my Sundy (wanted to buy Proximity Repair and only read "Repair" :oops: ).
    So 1280 Certs and some scopes .. seems good for BR99 :)
  16. kadney

Lancer and Phoenix on my VS and NC char. Glad that I didn't buy the Striker for the Terran.
  17. Nakar

Oh, most of them. :(
    • Up x 2
  18. PlatoonLeaderG

and striker is my only regret! so far

I can understand if you didnt like Lancer but Phoenix? Its so unique and awesome :D
  19. Leer

ZoE. Why can we cert into a nerf?
  20. JP_Russell

The Gauss SPR. The game was young and I didn't know the high magnification semi-auto sniper rifles were crappy. All my other investments have been good.