Have you ever managed to close the game w/o getting any error message?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a4555in, Oct 11, 2013.

1. a4555in

• Up x 2
  2. Copasetic

I don't close Planetside 2 with the exit button anymore, I made a desktop shortcut with a hotkey to do it for me:

C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /fi "imagename eq Planetside2.exe"

No errors, no mercy.
  3. OldCuban

Same here bud, been having that issue since beta last year.

Not game breaking by any means, just annoying.
    • Up x 2
  4. aRottenKomquat

Not recently. When I played at the beginning of the year it worked fine. Now it doesn't matter how I close it. I can click the red X or actually logout and exit, but either way the game crashes and I get "PlanetSide2.exe had an unhandled exception and is terminating".

Seems sloppy, but as a developer I can understand it's not priority. Either way the process terminates and gets cleaned up. It's just annoying because I have Visual Studio on my system and Windows always wants me to try to debug the crash.
  5. Goretzu

Had it shut down without the error message a few times, but 99% of the time it has it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Crator

Typically get an error but I have had it not error at all before. BUT, I've also had it to where it looks like PS2 process has ended but it's still running in the background. I had to manually end the task in Task Manager when that happens.
  7. Cougarbrit

Once every blue moon.
    • Up x 1
  8. TimeyWimey

there should be a website congratulating you if you ever manage to close ps2 without a crash.
    • Up x 3
  9. Deronok

It's rare that it crashes, for me.
  10. Tearl

I had it shut down right to desktop without an error message last night...right before the alert ended. Wait, that was a crash.
    Yeah, that's the only time I don't get the error message.
    • Up x 1
  11. JonboyX

I escape without a bug if I shut down say within 2 minutes of starting the game up. Not if I've actually "played".
  12. ArmedGoose

Probability of crash-on-exit-button raises with my play time... if I only play for an hour or so usually nothing happens.
    If I play rather long sessions I almost 100% crash on exit.
  13. libbmaster

I used to be fine.

But now... it does the error message.

:(
  14. HurpDurps

Once in a blue moon I can exit without an error message, which in my mind is an actual error. What broke so bad that the app didn't get a chance to break in the normal manner? I usually reboot after this. Creeps me out.
  15. MarioO

There was a short period of time, a few month ago, in which I could close the game without getting any errors. Before that time and now again I always get an error when I try to close the game normally. I really don't know what was different durring the time I didn't get errors...
    Well, now and then I use the taskmanager to close the game, I guess most players do. The others wait for windows to deal with the error.
  16. IamDH

Used to be fine in the past....One day i got the error message and then it never left