Have you ever just decided not to kill someone?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Masterofm, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Masterofm

Just today I blew up a harasser and watched as two people bailed out. One got C4 out so he just decided to take a dirt nap, but the other one just started jumping up in down and shooting me with small arms fire. So I just stood there looking at this pitiful NC unloading on my tank with his pistol. So I send him a tell "I've decided to let you live. Remember this day." No idea why to which he responds "KILLLL MEEEEE!"

And so I start to type "Remember to count your lucky sta" when he gets run over by a sunderer. Sometimes you just can't win.

And the moral of the story is life's a funny ol' thing. Anyone else done this?
    • Up x 9
  2. Schizomatic

You know, if it wasn't for redeploy, I'd really let those pilots that bail out a kilometer from the nearest base live and hoof it home. But nooo...
    • Up x 1
  3. andy_m

4. Rovertoo

When I've got a good perch as a Light Assault, I sometimes get the same BR(1-5) over and over again. I feel real bad. So whenever I see the same guy again, I always make sure to hold my fire. Let him live another few seconds before a teammate guns him down with something.
  5. ColonelChingles

Face McShooty
    • Up x 5
  6. Alarox

7. VonStalin

I am not killing infiltrators while I am in the tank. It's just cruel..
  8. DrPapaPenguin

9. Leftconsin

Yes. Squad lead decided to do a drop on a fight where 1-12 NC attacking 1-12 VS. We had orders to not engage VS at all. You know, just to make the NC paranoid that there is an alliance between NC and TR. We did drive out the NC.
    • Up x 1
  10. faykid

I once ran into an NC MAX while in my VS MAX suit under the banana building bridge inside biolab. He was rushing back to his teleport room near gen building, I was rushing back to the gen room away from that teleport room. Neither of us fired a shot, we just stopped for a second and ran on.

As two biolab farmers, we respected each other's right to farm infantry in peace.
    • Up x 1
  11. TEUFELDRITCH

Yep.
    • Up x 1
  12. Yuukikun

As soon as a fight becomes a spawn camp for the enemy spawnees, i decide to just redeploy because i know how frustrating it is to spawn and then get killed instantly.

Other times i do follow enemies around for a quite a long time before they even realize my presence. And sometimes considering I've been following them that much time, they think of me as a friendly and keep walking.
  13. Masterofm

You know... I had that thought once. I thought "huh... what could go wrong?" Then he proceeded to gun down an entire squad of dudes. So put a round in his head as he was cloaked and trying to slink away. Not making that mistake ever again. But like a medic or engi with no AV weapons? What are they going to do bleed on me?

I've had a few other weird stories. Where me and a friend got right up on a lightenings *** with AP. I said to my gunner "whatever you do do not shoot!" And I send the guy a tell saying "run away and we'll let you live" to which he responds "no" turns around and puts one round on my front armor. We out and out obliterate him in no time at all. The stubbornness of some people. Others I've blasted from out of the air from C4 LA ferries when tanking. After I nailed one guy for the 5th time out of the air we struck up a conversation. He was a cool guy.
  14. Diilicious

Yes I have!

there was one time at allatum, where I repeatedly missed this TR heavy assault, he had no means of destroying my vanguard, i tried running him over, shooting him but he just wouldnt be hit ( i didnt use secondary cause he was all alone )

in the end he was stood on my tank shooting down at the VS with me while i was sniping tanks and sunderers at Ti alloys.

He earned his right to live.

I drove slowly so he could stay on my tank for a bit, lol, then an ally came by and was like "AW MAH GAWD ENENMENY!! ENGAGIGE!!!" and blew him up.

:( was called kingkong or something on cobalt.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ztiller

I do it all the time. Sometimes i have even had scenarios where i am protecting an enemy from teammates trying to teamkill him.

I hack AV turrets for a living, and once they get blown up i need someone to repair them for me.

So i have this enemy BR3 trying to repair a destroyed AV turret, all while people are screaming in the chat to stop him and his teammates are dropping dead around him killed by sniper fire because they try to shoot him, and he have no idea what's going on.

Sometimes, i let him live after he is finished just out of courtesy.
  16. FateJH

If I am tank hunting using my stealth AP Lightning, and the other driver bails, I don't bother shooting after him unless he does something threatening. I didn't pull AP to hunt Infantry.
    • Up x 1
  17. Masterofm

Pffffft nonsense. I pull a tank to hunt everything.
    • Up x 1
  18. Leeloo

I was pulling a Sundy from a base one behind the frontline... BANG.... my head blown off.
    OK, so there is a sniper camping the vehicle terminal, le'ts try again.
    Walking up to the terminal, pretending to access it but dodging instead... nothing...
    Accessing terminal.... BANG.... my brain is all over the place.

There aren't many of us and we all pull vehicles one by one with about 20 seconds between us so we all get killed. Most give up and disappear.

Noting the direction of the sniper I decide to hunt him down. I switch to LA with flashlight and sensor darts on crossbow. I fly out to the ammo tower where the shots came from, look for two minutes, nothing. I walk back to get a Sundy... BANG...

Now I am laughing. I send him a tell saying LOL. He writes back "Ok, just jump twice and I will not shoot you anymore". I tell him no way, it is fun! :D

I look at the map and see that he is probably way father away that I thought, on a huge boulder in the middle of nowhere. I fly out again as a LA and look for him everywhere saturating the place with sensor darts. Nothing. Then I hear his cloak expiring and realize we are playing hide and seek in a 10x10 meter area :) but I can't find him.

Finally he spots me and I hear his voice. I jump down a level and see him uncloaking to reveal himself. We laugh and I walk all the way back to the terminal to get a Sundy. He does not shoot me.

I drive the Sundy to his nest, deploy it, switch to Engie and leave him a maxed out ammo pack as an homage to his skill. He sends me a <3
    • Up x 2
  19. Alchemist44

No. In certain cases I choose not to attack an enemy, but thats because he might have the upper hand e.g.: running into 2-3 HA as a cqc inf Id rather not attack even if I could take one down, thats just suicide. But not killing someone when I know I could with little to no risk to me? Never.
  20. EGuardian1

Often. Especially as a pilot i find situations where I could easily wreck a small fight or **** on someone's day with extreme might. But what's the fun of that? The war> The war is never-ending and unless it's a critical asset for a singular fight, or something that I think would be dangerous if left alone, i'll likely troll them for a bit and then leave.

Since I run Stealth all th time, i often find lone infantry trying to flank or do whatever. They'll fire small arms at my plane and it's like "Oh man, I could easily wreck this fool, but he's doing nothing to me." So i'll likely take a potshot to let him know I COULD wreck him, and then just go away. Or I'll spend some time and try and roadkill him with my Reaver.

ESFs are something else. If i've clearly got the skill advantage against an enemy ESF and I don't have teammates firing on him, i'll get em down to smoking or burning and then leave them alone. I will literally stop firing and one of the following happens.

1.) He runs, panics and crashes.
    2.) He fights to the death
    3.) He runs, lands, repairs, gets back in the fight away from me.
    4.) He runs, lands, repairs and comes back after me.
    5.) He crashes and burns, comes back with lockons.

Why do I do this? Because it was blood sweat and tears to learn how to fly in this game. I refuse to be the dick who denies that epic fun to new people in this game.
    • Up x 1