have trouble to love this class :(

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Tonberry76, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Tonberry76

I have try so much but I cant find a good way to play this class anymore
    when SOE make sniper more and more powerful

many Play only sniper it seems after the patch that I cant do My job anymore
    because HA is a class that need time to aim also with lock on it takes time to

but in that time you get 10 X head shots from every where
    only launcher you can hide from them is the phoenix but only if your in the range of 300 meter
    and is dps is also not so great so they wil spot you very fast

we are a class that risk a lot in battle field but every time you try to fire your rocket you don't get much of a change
    and the snipers are everywhere and also very hard to see

and with that the enemy pull a lot of tank power because not many play HA anyways
    its more what I have seen are Medics Eng and Snipers maby 2 a 3 HA some times am the only 1 :(

but maby I play it wrong I dunno but in my few it wil be handy if HA wil me inume to head shots
    like MAX suits so we can do are job a little bit beter

sorry for my crappy English
  2. GlueHead

Feeling the same way, pretty sure someone will come here and write "learn 2 play".
    You are better off with engineer and their AV turret with unlimited ammo - standning far away. :p
  3. Suicide Trooper

I never use HA in battles. There is only one situation when I switch to HA - to destroy aircraft and tanks. I just see no other reason to use them. Medic is as durable as HA and much more devastating in close combat.
  4. Stromberg

there was no update to sniping since the nanoweave nerf. the recent infiltrator patch didn't change anything about sniping.
  5. Pie Chasm

HA is as strong as it has ever been.

It is the best class to use to counter tanks, or even short range mobile tanks.

You could say that a light assault nearly fills the role and you'd be correct, but look at what the light assault risks: you have more than 50% more effective health than they do in every situation (even headshots). You have better mid-long ranged weapons as well.

Everybody deals with headshots. The trick to not getting killed by a sniper is to stay mobile and retreat behind cover.

In CQC you are potentially the strongest class by virtue of your shield, which is why you should have a shotgun at the ready to show LAs that they are indeed not the alpha class in that department.

I have thousands of hours in HA and nothing has changed for the worse since the changes to snipers.

Since you seem to prefer NC, I suggest you get a jackhammer if you don't have one already. It will make your life easier and will give you the peace of mind knowing that nobody will be able to outgun you in CQC. The only challenge you have with the jackhammer is getting close enough to the point.
  6. JesNC

The easy solution would be to stop using lockons and practice using the default launcher.

And always keep moving in the open...

Overshield, rocket launchers and concussion grenades are extremely good perks all combined in a single class.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tonberry76

thx so much for all your tips
    i no i stand stil to long so snipers always hit me my mistake

i try to move more and aim as well will be hard if you never try any FPS before
    and i have the jackhammer its a beast of a gun mostly 1 hit kill

but you need to be close
  8. Akeita

Jackhammer is never a one hit kill.
    Join a squad/platoon.
    No one can kill MAXes faster than you
    You got a shield ****
    Get more med packs
    Stop complaining
  9. Pie Chasm

He's talking about the burst fire mode...
  10. Akeita

That's 3 shot kill... It's a burst, not like OHK
  11. Pie Chasm

It's a OHK in one trigger press. Not much of a difference between that and a pump action in practice, but we can always split hairs.
  12. acksbox

I play heavy assault most of the time, and I rarely get sniped.

Keep moving, don't move across open areas in straight lines, and keep your med kits handy.

Some of the carbines are exceptional ranged weapons.

I prefer SMGs with ALS and SPA for short range engagements. Being able to strafe at full speed while reliably landing hits out to 30m (and headshots within 10-15) is pretty handy. Not as potent as a shotgun for melee ranges, but you can still kill past 10 meters more reliably than with slugs. TTK is worse than close range carbines or assault rifles, but with the shield your own time to die will probably allow you to overcome that limitation more often than not.

Agreed.
  13. Vorxil

It would be interesting to see how the HA would perform if it had access to bipods. Immobility and limited turn angle in exchange for virtually no recoil and extremely tight CoF. Finally, a proper long-range LMG capable of long-range sustained fire. Because really, the recoil and CoF is the main problem. You can't use scopes as you'd need a treadmill to counter the recoil and the CoF will still mess you up. Plinking will get you nowhere with 6+ BTK and BR are better for that (but good luck with sustained fire).

Bring on the LMG nests.
  14. KnightCole

But Deployed LMGs are always sniper bait......never once have I deployed a weapon in any game and didnt get sniped or nuked...

CoD, that offensive one where we start in the Ardennes...I deployed the 30cal and unloaded.....got nuked by a tank.

I know dozens of times in Red orchestra and stuff, I get sniped in the face...

Deploying sucks....
  15. Majistir

HA are grunts ready to die for the good of the mission. But it doesn't mean you cant play smart. Don't stay in the open too long. Get to cover... No one stands a chance against you if you keep aware... Except maybe a max but that's also do-able.
  16. acksbox

Far, far worse than they currently do.

What you are talking about is a MANA AI turret with no shield. User wouldn't stand a chance; he or she would be dead in moments.

It's far easier to manage recoil and pause for a split second between bursts than it is to not die when you stop moving.
  17. Simferion

I play HA alot and I love every NC LMG. I just lack the Saw S to complete my collection.

I don't die to sniper except in three cases:
    1) I'm standing still
    2) I run towards them
    3) The sniper is a low BR one :rolleyes:

As a Heavy assault you should know you cannot last so long, because you have not either stealth or mobility to flank in an effective way. You rely on the terrain, covers and situation to flank.

But you can use powerful tools:
    Rocket launchers are OHK weapons, you can use high magazine LMGs to kill the enemies while they are still reloading after dumping all their bullets on you and your overshield.
    Concussion grenades are your friends. Use them often to clean a room.

Anchor is a beast, but GD22-S is good too.
  18. Hiding in VR

I started out with the HA and still love the HA but I feel the Overshield is not in a good place. I recently got into the situation where a VS HA got the drop on my TR engineer. He flanked me, I didn't see him until I started to take damage. I turned and fired at him and he turned on his Overshield. Internally I laughed and thought how much easier it now was to head-shot him, which I promptly did with my lovely TRAC 5.

It was only afterwards that I realised this was wrong. I am not that great a shot or have amazing twitch reflexes, but to anyone that can calmly aim for the head, an HA turning on their Overshield just becomes an easier kill.

IMO the Overshield should not slow down the movement, or perhaps protect the head. I'd go for the former.

I would add that when I play an Infiltrator, I consider a HA with a Rocket on their shoulder to be the easiest of pickings.
  19. KnightCole

Shield should not slow the HA down as much, and yes, it and NWA should protect against Headshots.
  20. xdox

HA is far from useless, in CQC you have the best chances of winning a fight, max units will dread you (decimator will eat a max unit alive, if he is at full health you will force him to retreat but even that is a win), good against vehicles but a bit situational, concussion grenades.

Concussion grenades will make squad/platoon play really nice. Yesterday we were pushing against a room full of enemies to win the alert and trust me, this grenade can simply shut down the opposing team ( more or less it forces the receiving end to stay still for ~2 seconds and be heavily impaired for another 2, more than enough time to clear a room full of people )