Hate/love T2 Striker?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arielle, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Arielle

Ground heat seeking does sound cool and it would surely feel like the old striker then in some sense, I guess the future will tell if this thing will be worth using again.
  2. CapEnTrade

Isn't it funny how everyone agrees the Striker needs some more work, yet DGC just ignores it, even though the change would only take some chump 5 minutes to put some slightly better values in a script.
  3. vilehydra

I fly a valkyrie a lot. My god I love the stryker. Its not good for trying to hit an esf at long range but if one starts jousting at you just unload a clip. Takes off half the health and finish the rest with the wyvern.

If an esf is close enough you can literally fire out one side and hit an esf on the other. It is so fun, but I also like flying the valk so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
  4. zaspacer

I like to fly ESFs and play as AA as HA. Across all factions. I also used and loved the Original Striker post Nerf (when most stopped using it).

To me, the current Striker is a joke. I may have died to it once as a pilot, and even then it was just lucky to get the last bit of damage on me. I stopped using it as HA AA a long time ago (I use Annihilator across all 3 factions for distance AA, Dumbfire default for close AA vs. ESFs)

I once flew my ESF and saw a bunch of whites flares erupt around me in the sky. Taking minimal damage. I cricled back and found 3 Infantry on a hill (at least 2 had Striker). I proceeded to take out all 2 with either Hornet or Rocket Pod (can't remember which I had equipped).
  5. Jake the Dog

In the same category as the fractures. Fracs and Strikers only tickle tanks, whereas something like ravens severely damages and is able to reliably hit and damage the vehicles like the prowler/magrider with pinpoint precision.
    • Up x 2
  6. Jake the Dog

That is the only good use for the striker tbh. Ive done it as well with a squad of 6 with 2 engineers and 2 HAs with strikers.
  7. Nextronix

It's yet another useless red marshmallow-thrower and you see it less often than the either useless Fracture. The CoF and drop is a joke ... the time it needs to apply it's remaining "random" hitting damage does it's rest and makes you an easy target until your clip is empty and your opponent got pretty much the same health than before and a few skulls of your chars as trophy. It's easy to get save with other 2 fraction launchers. You could do pretty much everything better with any other launcher. Yes you could hit ESF with it in a range where you could even kill them via throwing rocks on them. Well ponders get nerfed in meanwhile so this compensates it a bit ... oh wait... it's TR as well right? At least there are some NS weapons (that does not fire red crap) so there is some chance not every weapon that TR may use get nerfed to doom. <3
  8. Jolanar

The weapon has only one use: slow, low flying, weak aircraft. The dumbfire-coyote action is nice for quick air engages but does nothing else. I think it needs to be converted into AP rounds in dumbfire mode. This weapon just offers nothing in any other situation that a standard dumbfire or lock on doesn't surpass. This weapon's largest weakness is how difficult it is to land all of the shots. Daybreak heavily overestimates multiple missies vs one projectile. I dont recall if this weapon fires 5 or 6 shots, but regardless, you are getting a maximum of 1200 damage if you can land all of the shots. At any range other than point blank, you will not land all of them. This heavily ***** this weapon of any strategic value except against hovering ESFs.

I tried to be as unbiased as possible while writing this. En masse, you MIGHT be able to deny vehicles at CLOSE range only. Don't expect to do anything else.

EDIT: Really, I cant say gihmp?
  9. Haquim

Well, I think it has its use on Hossin, where other G2A launchers are mostly useless because there is so much to break your LOS and thus your lock-on process.

Aside from that I don't think it has anything that would make me choose it over another launcher.
  10. Ronin Oni

It's good AA.

If you get 3 of you working together, You can swat ESF's from the sky without them having pretty much any counter whatsoever.

Think of them as light Bursters that don't cost you resources.

With skill, you should have no problem hitting enemies out to G2A lock anyways. They can't force them into the ground, flare them off, or just use the warning to break lock before you even fire.

I'm very VERY thankful more TR don't use them... prolly like how most tankers are glad VS don't abuse Lancer squads more.

I think it could use a velocity buff to make it better vs Armor at longer ranges however.

Also, 2 Strikers in a Valkyrie is just evil.
  11. CursoryRaptor

Compared to the Lancer, it's crap.
    • Up x 2
  12. iccle

The current striker offers nothing that cannot be bested by NS weapons. The miriade of changes made to the striker since I bought it is one of the main reasons I do not spend any cash in this game any more.
    • Up x 1