HAS SOE EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED WORTHLESS STEALTH?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Breasley, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Breasley

^Topic

A simple link to the post where a SOE representative has addressed the issue will do.

I've searched and found nothing, but my apologies if they have.

If not, then I have no idea why not. It's VERY apparent that they read the forums, and this problem (stealth making us glimmer like twilight vampires and show up 100% in NV scopes) is dramatically breaking our class.

/thread.

Edit: Grammar
  2. Dornez

We have stealth? I thought those were decorative ice sculptures. I was wondering why they could move.

Although I do support being visible under the ifnv scopes. You are not 100% visible actualy. It is harder to see an inf with the ifnv that it is with the naked eye. They look like a very thin outline.
  3. Ghostfox

I believe the plan is to add even better cloaks (aka Stalker Cloak) for those who want to get up and personal.

As is, I think that it would be a bad idea to give the hunter cloak 100% stealth given how powerful that would make snipers.

Stalker cloak, IIRC, is supposed to be a movement based level of visibility(100% invisible when stationary) and with the capability of staying active through stopping motion and letting it recharge.. You give up the main weapon slot(so pistol and melee only).
  4. m44v

100% stealth can be countered with NV/IR scopes, so maybe not so OP.
  5. deusex2

Oh I believe it works as intended, in SOE's point of view. They did, after all, nerfed each and every aspect of infiltrator.
  6. Atreyu1989

I think cloack it's okay, it isnt meant to make you invisible. It just makes it easier to infiltrate, and you are basically immune to be Q'ed.
    And the NightVision just happens to be the counter, fine. Not like every soldier run with a NV anyway.
    atleast that's for the basic cloack that regen so fast.
    Im all up to add more "serious" cloacking but that deplete faster or last shorter.
  7. SJ_Wolf

CAPSLOCK MAKES MY POST CONTENT MORE IMPORTANT. ALWAYS USE CAPS.

Chill out OP. It's hardly broken.
  8. deusex2

Yeah, like I've said-it was meant to be worst class in-game.
  9. blzbug

I think the stealth is fine. You aren't fully invisible, but you also still have the same shield as LA/medic/engy. In PS1, the cloaker was completely invisible while standing still and more visible while moving. But, you had no armor at all. It was a true infiltrator class with limited ability to contribute during a stand-up fight. PS2 inf's shield lets them fight more, balanced against lower ability to actually sneak around. You still can though...you just have to use the terrain better. PS2 has much more varied terrain than PS1, so there are alot more places to hide.

Because infiltrators are still visible, I don't think people are so scared by them that they run around with IRNV all the time. In PS1, *every* grunt out there had darklight, which they learned to check regularly. Once you were spotted in PS1, you were dead. PS2 inf still has his shield to help survive.

I have a big beef with SOE removing shotguns and replacing them with schitty scout rifles, but that's a different thread...
  10. hostilechild

At long range its not as visible unless you scope in, up close your glowing practically. If their on high quality your just screwed, pray they are on low settings and you are 100% invisible then. Would like it to be adjusted more that stopped 100% walk 75% run 50% or something. For now i am fine usually get past them before they say oh **** its enemy not friendly cloaker and i get around corner or hill.
  11. Phaser Rave

Should change the name of the class to sniper. I've found the cloak to be more effective at a range than for the purpose of infiltrating, as many of us already know.
  12. blueadept

Speaking of which, what is the setting that needs to be changed/raised to be able to see them better? As it stands I have everything turned off and set to low. I would sacrifice a few frames to be on an even playing field though. Thanks.
  13. deusex2

Don't need to sacrifice anything, just equip IRNV scope.