Harrassers are balanced.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Jul 3, 2013.

1. StuntPoteten

I think they refer to the chassis when they complain. We all know several of the harasser weapons need adjustment.
  2. Ronin Oni

TINY bit less durability (TINY bit less)

the MAIN thing is... REMOVE REPAIR FROM BACK SEAT.

Me and my friend were about falling over each other (well, digitally) laughing our bums off at how powerful it was... but ONLY because we could repair on the run and tank hits repairing through the damage.

That's about it.

Or maybe just remove Composite armor from it and refund expended certs. No composite it'd prolly be fine (and give people a reason to bloody take something else than the OP Composite)
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

Important maybe, but balanced? No.

Not when they are tougher and faster than a lightening with more firepower too and the ability to self-repair whilst moving.

Currently Harrasers are very fast, very damaging and very tough, they shouldn't be all three.......... they weren't in PS1.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hawkerased

ML85 harrasser is a Tank counter in open ground with decent stand off. As it should be imo. Of course harrassers are the counter to harrassers. If you want to look at a harrasser weapon system that can do a little too much it's the Vulcan. The vulcan is also the counter to all other harrassers weapon systems. You hold down the trigger and try to keep the crosshair NEAR your target. ML85 all shots have to be aimed and if you miss you have to wait for the delay between shots. The problem with this is with terrain, if you are bouncing all over trying to avoid vehicles, you have to be especially good with the timing of your shots, because of the delay between shots. Vulcan is a low skill cap weapon, you can attrit anyone because you are likely to cause some damage when you are in your effective range.
  5. Macchus

another post from a "yes man " who thinks everything is balanced and that the devs can do no wrong ... im also assuming you spend a fair amount of your time in a harrasser taking on armor columns alone ?
  6. Macchus

i disagree with the statements that the harrasser is a tank counter . maybe 2 harassers are a tank counter , but saying 1 buggy is THE tank counter is arguable .
    • Up x 1
  7. Hawkerased

The harasser with an ML85 on it kind of reminds me of a Humvee with a TOW Missle system on it. Designed to take down tanks. It's extremely mobile, and designed to penetrate armor. The Harasser is very much the same with the ML85. Now it takes 9 rounds to kill a MBT, you have to land them all, which is possible on flat ground (unless shots are being fired into the rear). The ML85 has a very very difficult time hitting infantry, there is not much splash, and you can't OHK. It takes 3 shots from a magrider HE to kill a non composite harasser. Now if you add in the secondary gunner with a saron or something that is able to hit the harasser, that should more than negate the composite armor.

I run the ML85 a lot with my friend, and any 1/2 MBT is not much of a challenge, but if it's 2/2 typically we don't go after it unless we have some sort of advantage. Terrain, or the initiative with a few shots in the rear catching them unaware. If we roll up on a maggy that is 2/2 and they are paying attention, they usually force us to flee if they are good at aiming.

In my opinion what should be balanced is the Harasser vs harasser play. Personally I don't like the idea of differentiating factions with unique weapon systems. I'd be fine if we all had access to the same weapons, and we just had different colors.
  8. Macchus

ok well turn the Harasser into a humvee (or i guess we have that in sunderer ?) and then ill agree with you that the harasser is ok as a tank killer ... right now we have a mad max buggy that looks like it should blow away in a puff of wind yet can force intercourse on MBT's
  9. Goretzu

If it was much slower it would be fine with the current level of armour and fire power.

The problem it is fast, tough and hits hard (and can self-repair on the move).

Basically it can only be 2 of those 3 things, or all 3 need to be reduced a bit less (and moving self-repair just has to go - I think that should go then balance should be looked at tbh).
    • Up x 1
  10. LynxFury

What bounce? Seriously the harasser gunner has less bounce at full speed than a lightning or MBT primary gun has at half speed--it, more than anything else, probably account for why it's so dangerous against tanks.
    • Up x 1
  11. MrK

People discovering the Driver / Gunner combo is a better setup than single seater do-it-all, nice.
    • Up x 1
  12. Goretzu

To be honest if they let Lightenings and MBTs self-repair whilst moving, that's balance it (in a completely unbalanced way, of course). Then ESFs! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  13. theholeyone

Actually I've pointed out imbalances on numerous occasions, I even called for the Saron and Enforcers OHK to be removed, so there goes your yes man theory.

I do spend a lot of time taking on enemy armor, and some time around enemy armor columns, and here's what I've learned:
    Its easy enough to kill an uncerted single person vehicle of any type.
    Killing a 2/2 MBT is possible but requires a skill differential, either the harasser must use terrain and speed to its advantage, or the MBT must miss a lot of shots.
    Loadouts make a large difference as the margin for a harasser win/lose is quite small.
    Killing a certed 1/2 MBT is possible but you've got to get the first shots in, and make them miss a few shots too, and it's trouble if another enemy vehicle turns up.
    Taking on a whole armor column is a waste of time, you often get caught in their traffic jam trying to do a high speed pass through; and with the high speed pass you can't kill anything other than infantry.
    Sniping works fairly well against mass armor for longeivity, but the other side lasts a long time too unless fire is focused from multiple units.
    Skyguard hunting is fun, you can reliably take out 2 of these if you use terrain advantages to block fire from one.

The harasser's strength is the same as ZOE's was always designed to be; mobility allowing you to pick you fights. ZOE got a nerf because it was being used to boost active combat performance. The harasser's mobility obviously can't be turned off, and is not so great as to provide an advantage once the fight starts. So imo, it's all working as intended.
    • Up x 1
  14. illgot

I agree slightly with your premise. ZOE may move fast, but only as fast as normal infantry, not quite fast enough to use hit and run tactics in almost any situation.

The Harasser is able to zip through an area and avoid lock on missiles and most projectiles mainly because of terrain and speed.

The Harasser also has substantial damage potential stacked on with high armor and the ability to repair while on the move.

The ZOE is countered by only being as fast as a standard infantry unit and taking 30% more damage.

Reduce the effectiveness of the Harassers composite armor by 50% (there is really no need to use anything but composite which is how we know it is broken), reduce the speed bonus of the Harasser.
    • Up x 1
  15. K2k4

IMO they are balanced with some weapons but completely too weak with others. Fury vs infantry, Halberd versus vehicles, faction weapons are decent, but kobalt, basilisk, and bulldog seem like complete ****e by comparison, basically leaving you with pay to win for these weapons, since nobody I know uses certs to buy harasser weapons.
  16. Zar

if he shot you in the rear thats not op thats you letting him get behind you and you deserved to die
    • Up x 1
  17. theholeyone

I don't think it is broken at all, except the repair on the move does seem out of line with other vehicles, I don't think removing this would do much for combat balance.

With regards to composite being the go-to option, the other stuff is there as standard components, not balanced for utility. As its purpose is hit and run, with easy reps, more health is far better than auto-reps and always will be, 5 secs without a hit means you're far enough away to park and rep anyway. Stealth is broken I think, and the harasser's speed makes it sneaky anyway. Mine guard would be sometimes useful, but being a dedicated driver I prefer to try and avoid hitting them and get extra health from composite; often they stack enough to kill you even through mineguard anyway.
  18. Zorro

The speed and maneuverability of the Harasser should not be nerfed. I would rather see the speeds of all vehicles be increased, especially that of the Flash (this is the 29th century after all). The durability of the Harasser is what is blatantly wrong, and the damage could use some tweaking (IMHO, the Vulcan should not shred heavy armor as quickly as now).
  19. Killy80

4 likes for the OP, 33 likes for the 1st post claiming Harasser is OP.

Democracy wins.
    • Up x 3
  20. Van Dax

What I find hilarious is that I fully charge my lancer and the harasser runs away and uses his engie to absorb the shot, I dont kill the engie and I do zero damage to the harasser. Not unbalanced just hilarious.
    • Up x 2