Harrassers are balanced.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Ivalician

Personally, I'd love the Harraser cockpit be changed to open. What's with Planetside and every single vehicle having an adamantium tub and windshields? Let me shoot the drivers and gunners directly. Will require a damage multiplier ( 1.5x? ) to compensate for what will be a super long TTK against such a difficult target.
    • Up x 2
  2. illgot

probably not a bad idea. Make the gunner and driver as vulnerable as the back seat, then take away the ability to repair on the move.

That may balance it without messing with the certed abilities.
  3. Goretzu

Its speed and firepower is fine.

Self-repairing needs to be gone yesterday, and it's armour then probably still needs to be significantly reduced. That would be balanced.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jex =TE=

So what you're saying is the harasser needs a team of MBT's to take it on - ridiculous. One hit from a MBT and the harasser should be toast or are you going to try and argue that it should be able to survive 4 of them?
    • Up x 1
  5. TheOnlyFrankie

Well in Briggs, harasser is not much of a problem. And futhermore Harraser is the only thing can keep us having fun but not too much serious communication required.
  6. HellasVagabond

Something is not balanced when 8 out of 10 vehicles are of that class......
    Easy :)
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

Tbh TR side tends to have less trouble I think, probably for obvious reasons.
  8. TheOnlyFrankie

Well almost 80 percent of TR i see use non-ES weapon. The 20% use mainly Marauder and very little vulcan
  9. Goretzu

I mean to fend them off, but yes that too since the nerf.
  10. TheOnlyFrankie

Briggs general has higher skill level of player so tanker can kill harasser or damaging them badly in short amount of time. Not a major problem here. No one seem to be complaining at least not in chat so yea...
  11. WaaWaa

Very easy to balance the MBT vs. Harasser quandry.

Decrease damage and increase reload speed of anti-tank weapons on harassers (specifically halberd and vulcans). Hey they did it for the fury, why not with tanks?

Let's see where that takes us and if it cuts down on harassers taking out tanks.
  12. WaaWaa

No, tweaking the damage the weapons do to tanks should be the focus. No need to make the harasser useless and easy prey for tanks. Just up the reload speed and decrease the damage it does so tanks won't get obliterated without proper support. I'm referring specifically to the halberd and the vulcan.
  13. Robert Patrician

Another proposed balance: Harassers can only be pulled from bases where you can pull a main battle tank. Currently you see so many harassers because you can pull one at ANY vehicle terminal. You can pull a harasser when you can't pull a lightning, and it's well agreed that harassers beat lightnings.
  14. Goretzu

You'd have to be pretty bad to absolutely lose to one in a 2 man MBT to be fair, although that's not the same thing as killing one, a MBT wouldn't lose if they could self-repair and the gunner could take the main gun I suspect.

It's impossible to rebalance every weapon in that way.

And Harrasers aren't just too powerful vs MBT, but vs Lightenings, Flashes and infantry. Damage from mowing would be a possiblity.
    • Up x 1
  15. Dvine

With that logic all tanks are not balanced as 8 out of 10 veichles pulled are tanks...
  16. StuntPoteten

The harasser are better compared to a 2/2 MBT, 2/3 Lib.

If you want to use lightnings as an example, 2 competently driven lightnings with proper kit should ( and does ) shred any single harasser that was stupid enough to not run away ASAP.

Stuff that kills any harasser that doesn't run away:
    - Small arms fire and Rokkits
    - 2/2 tanks
    - 2 lightnings

Stuff that chases down harassers and kills them:
    AV Harassers
    Any ESF setup
    any Liberator setup

Harassers exploit weakness and mistakes. They are popular because they are fun to drive and fun to gun. If any change are to be made, I'd rather see changes to other vehicles to make them more like the 2/3 harasser and less like the sad 1/2 MBT.
  17. Goretzu

Harrasers currently act more like an ESF with Lib toughness (or a Lib with ESF speed) and the ability to self-repair on the move, that is the problem.
  18. BetaGuru

But guys, SOE isn't done raking in the money yet. Only after the profits fall off with they nerf it, in time to release something new and OP for people to buy.

It's like you don't understand how these pay to win games work, or something.
  19. Dvine

Wow this is getting silly..

Lib toughness? What? The default VS HA gun explodes a Harasser in 4 clips (50bullets in every clip) and with Comp4 the same amount of bullets put it in the red and burning. The default Lightning gun puts the harasser into red and burning in 1 reload, the AP cannon explodes it in 3 in less than 10 secs. The Basilisk that comes for free on top of any MBT/Sundi explodes the harasser in 50 bullets.. Hell the bloody Comissioner pistol brings it to 40% when the ammo runs out :D

The maxed Racer frame puts the harasser at 100kph any other frames top out at 90 a Lightning with racer same goes with 86kph. Just for the record ESF's re well faster than 200kph so I cant even fathom where you are getting these pipedreams.

The only problem is with harassers is the fact that most people have horrible horrible aim. Tankers can hit Lightning tanks that go 4-14kph slower than Harassers as there are no "nurf lightning speed" threads
  20. Goretzu

His comparisson not mine. :)

However ESFs are easier to get a both target on and lock-on due to them being in the sky, Harrasers are slower, but are often in view for much shorter times than a comparable ESF would be.

This give them amazing effective surviablity easily as good as a ESF with Lib armour and the ability to self-repair, probably in fact by far the highest over all surviablity of any vehicle in the game. :eek:

Personally I think they should remove self-repairing and then look at armour (as it may still need to be nerf - or may not).