Harasser Refund Please

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Levexaeus, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Leon Anders

Exactly how it should be.
  2. Alopix

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm in iCosta's outfit, you were accusing him of being a farmer who's just whining about losing his way to farm cheap kills. I'm just saying that's totally false.
  3. Kanil

I don't really care that Harassers didn't get refunded, but I don't really think NW or ZOE deserved it either.

I don't think you can reasonably argue that the "redesign" of NW affects your playstyle while using NW more than the nerfs to the Harasser affect your playstyle with the Harasser.
    • Up x 2
  4. Edel

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. MaestroOblivion

You clearly never used nor understood the concept of the old Nanoweave. Let's just say it allowed you to survive a headshot from the highest-damage Sniper Rifles. Not to mention providing faux-resistance to all forms of damage. Yeah. I don't want the new Nanoweave, and those that had it deserve to decide whether they re-Cert it or not.

As for the Harasser, if you are upset that you can no longer win a duel with a Heavy Tank, repeatedly strafe a Sunderer for massive kill streaks, or sit on a ridge and bombard the hell out of a spawn, then you sir are one sad and lonely man. I don't think a dune buggy should be a better alternative to a Heavy Tank, especially since it can be pulled regardless of whether or not you own a Tech Plant, as well as being pulled from Small Bases. Now the biggest advantage I can see a Harasser having is being a 3-person Flash with a slot for a Max; and unlike a Sunderer it will still be insanely difficult to hit. Oh, and one more thing. You can still 1-shot people by roadkilling them. So keep that in mind.
    • Up x 1
  6. Neuromancer

I didn't call out icosta as a farmer, per se. I've squaded with him many times, and will continue to do so. Everybody farms, sometimes. If you look at groups like AC, you can see they never afk, only farm, and never move the map. NUC is pretty close as a second. Exploit anything you can, push stats, never afk, and always farm any exploit available.

I have nothing against icosta, and will continue to squad with him. I enjoy his presence. If he farms a bit from time to time, it's not his full time job. We all farm a bit when bored. It's because there aren't always the good fights we used to get in PS1.
  7. NVCoveringFire

Any change that requires an alteration of play style or tactic should come under the same bracket. Either refund everybody or nobody at all. All this 'fundamental change' stuff is just rubbish. If comp armor no-longer allows the user to (relatively) safely absorb tank rounds, then it is a fundamental change. If anchored mode no-longer allows for a flatter projectile trajectory at longer ranges, its a fundamental change. If nanoweave armor no-longer protects against headshots or gives such a gain, it is a fundamental change.
    • Up x 3
  8. The Wolf

https://www.soe.com/termsofservice.vm#n6
    Next time read the refund policy on using station cash.

It was never meant to allow you to absorb tank rounds. It was to lower the damage done, which still is its purpose, as well is what it still does.
  9. Levexaeus

First off SOE, it was Fundamentally changed when you stated "no longer resists c4" everything that I spent certs/SC on has been changed for the Harasser, Please DOE Don't be the Grinch this Christmas.. we should at least get a refund with this GIANT of a NERF/Change . And to those of you who keep talking about Harassers taking on MBT's.. I've never been outplayed by an harasser, if you have a gunner that knows how to aim there should be no reason you were losing before. On the other hand now they have made it say harasers are going to take around 1.5-2 rockets to be killed so basically a upgraded flash.. and i would have NEVER spent 15000 certs/SC on an upgraded flash. Please SOE Do the right thing and refund points for anything that drastically changes your play in the game based on whichever NERF your doing that update, it's the right thing to do.
  10. The Wolf

You don't get it, it wasn't a big nerf. A big nerf is what they did to ZOE, or something like that where a major area of the programing/coding was changed. What you are arguing about is something very simple. It is like just three numbers in the one line that was changed. Where as ZOE was recoded completely and changed completely. The harasser isn't, it wasn't suppose to go toe to toe with a tank, therefore it has been nerfed to be used in its intended role.
  11. Levexaeus

It does not matter that it wasn't "Meant" that is past tense and if were talking about the past. I spent certs/station cash assuming that that was going to be the vehicle that was similar to what I wanted to play with. Now, it is not similar at all with the GIGANTIC NERFS. I don't even understand why people are saying that "we" the consumer shouldn't be getting refunded? Your saying that you don't want your certification points back to spend on something that you might find as enjoyable as you once did your Harasser. It's not like we are asking for a REFUND to credit cards.. Were talking about an in game currency.. a VIRTUAL number..
  12. The Wolf

You don't deserve a refund. It was overly abusive worse than the ZOE. It killed tank columns just by itself. Which guess what is not what it was meant for. Also I don't want my certs back because guess what I knew it was coming cause it was a brand new vehicle and guess what it was tested and nerfed because the majority of players gave feedback it needing to be, including me. Also it has a purpose being a light assault buggy not a tank. One other thing you are still getting the certed items intended purpose, just not as much as it had before. Now quit crying and put on your big boy pants. This was not a gigantic nerf either. You wasted the points in it that is your problem. If you didn't see it coming go and beat yourself silly cause tons of people knew it was.
  13. Levexaeus

actually, i've never been in a situation where harassers taking out entire tank columns, guess the group I was running with knew how to aim.
  14. Levexaeus

and how to prioritize targets, not harasser drivers fault's that tanks don't use their brain and expect to live forever because they are a "TANK".. lol
    • Up x 1
  15. The Wolf

You really want to go there? I love how you are thinking you deserve something when in fact you don't cause guess what IT WASN'T CHANGED! They did nothing major to it other than nerf its stats. Where as a stats nerf is something small and not major and very easy to do. The ZOE was completely changed just as nanoweave armor. You still think you are "making a valid argument" but in fact you are proving you are nothing more than a cry baby. Also since you are this stupid to not have known it was going to get nerfed, then you should go and play another game cause MMOs aren't for you.
  16. oberchingus

Who the hell uses the vulcan anyway??
  17. Alopix

None of that prevents SOE from, at its discretion, from issuing refunds as it sees fit. Your posts amount to "Shut up." If you don't like what is being asked, don't read it. You knew what this thread was about from the title, so you coming in here calling names and getting angry about what's being discussed is completely inappropriate.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ultramarine

Why should they validate your deliberate exploitation of an unbalanced mechanic by refunding the work you poured into ripping the fun from other players without counter?
    It wasn't ridiculously overpowered, and it won't be ridiculously underpowered. Now it's a buggy, what it should have been all along. I see no fault in them not refunding this, it was never intended to be a tank destroyer.
    • Up x 2
  19. Leon Anders

Yes and you're points all lead to "i'm not happy with my non-refundable item, and I'm going to complain about it." something i havnt' said as of yet in any of my post is I don't really think any of the items should be replaced but it was at SOE's discretion and they decided not to refund the harasser.
  20. The Wolf

No I am tired of seeing you kids whining over something dumb. Trying to make your reasons which are excuses not reasons there was no major nerf to the harasser get over it. If you think it is major you obviously are either A) not a gamer, or B) have no knowledge of how simple the nerf was to change numbers in over recoding an entire section where as they did for ZOE, and the Nanoweave armor. Also you have never seen them destroy tanks really? There ya go, also I am not angry I just think you are foolish for stating in something that it very obvious would be nerfed because it wasn't doing what its purpose is. Also now it is doing exactly what it was suppose to be doing being an assault buggy, not a tank. You want a refund because you were blind and ignorant to not of noticed this would happen so you want a cert refund so you can stat into something else and do some farming that is a bit OP.