Harasser Refund Please

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Levexaeus, Dec 17, 2013.

1. icosta

What is your reasoning behind backing up a company who not only takes full advantage of selling pixels on a screen and $5.00 .jpg camos but doesn't provide any sort of reimbursement of the item which was sold has been modified or changed.. Sorry being the "teachers pet" does not get you free certs, you can stop that now kthx =D
    • Up x 1
  2. Neuromancer

Buzz could farm you with you with an smg. Why are you still talking about him? He hasn't played in months. You just emulated his style to farm.

Hell, I even like you, but what does he have to do with any of this? All the k/d farmers abused the harasser. AC, NUC, etc, all abused the latency issues to shoot halberds through mountains. Most of the K/D farmers use lag, vehicles that are OP at the time, Maxes that are OP at the time, and OP air, to act as if they're really good players. The majority probably couldn't find the "A" point in a base if they were standing on it, and never do anything to actually win an alert.

At least buzz didn't abuse the lag to do it. He also would take you one on one any day, with a straight up stock rifle, and spent the majority of his time running ops, where as k/d farmers just sit in OP vehicles and maxes, trying to farm.
  3. BigBooty

Anything you purchase online is subject to change. Most offers IRL are subject to change. This is stated in the ToS. It's not SoEs fault you don't read the text before checking the box, and I suggest you do, otherwise you could end up in a sticky situation one day. Wisen up, and educate yourself instead of using juvenile insults, it's unbecoming.
    • Up x 1
  4. MaestroOblivion

*Sigh* C'mon guys. You're telling me none of you saw this coming? I have 0 Certs in my Harasser, and for good reason. We all know the Harasser was OP; SOE knew the Harasser was OP. I'm not able to understand why any of you are justified in demanding any sort or refund, much less deserving it. In the past several months I've had more of my fully-certed Mags destroyed by a Turbo-Vulcan-Engi in the back Harasser. Why? Because it took 1 less FPC hit to kill than a Prowler, but moved 3 times as fast. There's no skill required, and where there is no skill there is no room for refunds. There is absolutely under no circumstance a reason to refund for Harassers, and anyone that disagrees is delusional and XP-drunk.
    • Up x 4
  5. ExoskeletonMAX

I absolutely agree with you Maestro, but you know people like to cry a lot to help there self esteem, they won't get a refund anyway as hard as they beg/ask, which amuses me at the same time.
    Also thumb's up on that post Maestro :)
  6. BigBooty

Our empire gun was essentially made as good as the M12 Kobalt, except 10x the price. Don't wine.
  7. Larolyn

You could just get more of those stupid virtual numbers. There is no end to the amount you can collect.
  8. uranusis

Ya... No, it's not.
  9. Defaceo

They should take account of balance in the first place and not cyclically sell things to people and then nerf them as policiy. At least 2 outfit guys will stop playing because of this nerf. I'm not sure myself. gaming goes on after PS2.
  10. Alopix

7oV has been running ops every night, racking up VS alert wins. We didn't do that by farming.
    • Up x 1
  11. Alopix

Contracts don't absolve people of personal responsibility; or acting like a human being. I know that that can't ever make sense to an ancap libertarian, but it's the reality everyone else lives in.
    • Up x 2
  12. Leon Anders

XD i love when you people use the "be nice for free stuff" no i said it cause your complaining about something that is the consumers fault, there is no reinbursment for a mcdouble, there is no reinbursment for a lot of things and in buying it, it is your responsibility to read the terms and understand that "hey if i buy this I might not get what i wanted", it's life and times of online commerce get over it.
  13. Levexaeus

And they did change the way that every part of the vehicle works, everything that I've spent certs on has been changed,SOE please refund my hard earned certs/station cash and i'll spend on something that will make my game more enjoyable, instead of having 15k worth of certs not being used now. You guys should start releasing things that are more balanced from the beginning on and you wouldn't have as many problems or complaints, and from what I can see, you guys make some things OVERPOWERED in the beginning to get people to waste their hard earned money/certs and then after a little while NERF it, at least you could do is refund the $/cert so we can spend on other portions of the game that we would use more. Are you guys trying to retain a LOYAL user base? or scam people your user base out of their HARD EARNED DOLLARS every time you release a "new" feature? Only time will tell.
    • Up x 3
  14. Neuromancer

Did I mention your outfit? Also, when the heck does that happen? When VDRS zergs a spot? That's the only Vanu numbers the server has, and it's a terrible outfit.

Heck, i have a VS on your server. I've never even heard a peep from you on command chat. VS is so disorganized there that I gave up on coordination, and dropped from the largest VS group there.

We'll still put up the good fight as VS Waterson. The changes I'm more worried about are in regards to how infantry work. Time will tell, but until we have some time to test it, I'm open for these changes fixing the harasser lag exploitation. I rarely use a ZOE max either, because I have always considered it broken as well. It was time they addressed these issues.
  15. MaestroOblivion

This made my day. Entirely. No questions asked. This must be upvoted for the world to see.
  16. icosta

Lol this thread completely
    Agree... Seems like Vanu have the intelligence, and the TR here have egotistical, "words are more important than actions" attitude. Fits your faction perfectly actually. And to the farming remark? Yeah my outfit defeats the enemy with skill, coordination, and teamwork. Not zerging and farming. That seems to be a TR only tactic. Haha
  17. icosta

^What that guy said... Love this game but this is sounding more and more like a Blizzard Diablo 3 fiasco every time.
    • Up x 2
  18. NVCoveringFire

Unfortunately one line of text in an encyclopedia-length terms and conditions page is going to be missed (and its designed to be that way). Its the people that just roll over and take it that dont make the problem any better.

That being said, SOE may not have any legal obligation to refund certs or station cash, they *could* still do it as an act of good will. Refunding station cash doesnt lose SOE any cash, since its theirs already. Sure, they might lose a little cash *if* the customer doesnt need to buy more SC, but on the other hand, leaving a bitter taste in the customers mouth isnt likely to make them rush back to buy more SC in the near future - I certainly wont be. Certs are a slightly different matter, but as said it wouldnt hurt anyone to repay them as an act of good will. Whats better, 'SOE refunded the 3k certs i spent on the harasser, thats pretty cool' or 'i spent 3k certs on kit that doesnt work how i wanted it when i purchased, and now i cant get that back'. Refunding certs is free and only improves the image of the developers. Image is everything, look how happy the VS are with their ZOE certs back!
    One could argue that tis the season for giving, etc.
    • Up x 1
  19. Defaceo

Got that exactly right
    • Up x 1
  20. SnatchMaster

Yes it is. When you balance something that was obviously doing far too well for so long, and people who were abusing it can't see that, then yeah, they're crybabies.

Bottom line is, they're trying to balance it. They haven't radically restructured what it is or what it does, so they aren't entitled to a refund. If they really want to cry about it, then that's a personal problem. No sympathy.
    • Up x 1