Harasser Preformance slot questions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tycon, May 7, 2014.

1. Tycon

Will surger and/or scrapper combat reduce the wabbling/jumping and bad terrain effects on the top gunner and/or rumble seat gunner?

Will racer increase nitro top speed? (Racer doesn't effect mag burner)
  2. DurandaI

I run racer on mine, i think it does increase nitro top speed.
  3. Easir

Unfortunately certing performance slots will not help with aiming...
    This is because the "turret" is not stabilized like it is on the magrider, one of Maggy's perks.
    However, certing your performance slot WILL increase your performance >_>
    (Just not turret stabilization)
  4. reydelchicken

I've always told people to give the surger chassis a try.

It not only gives you the nice hill climbing ability that allows you to not get stuck around rough terrain, but it also improves the general stability of the harasser, and just makes it easier to stay mobile all the time without stopping, since you won't spin out, flip, or be affected by small bumps as much.
  5. dstock

Second this, I'm a Surger fan, as well.

The hill-climbing is negligible, save on Amerish (passive Turbo makes a difference). It also seems to help stability, though that may just be acclimation to one chassis.

I'm not sure if it helps traction and prevents spinning out. I recommend binding an easy-to-reach key as cruise-control, it is the equivalent of pushing the pedal all the way down, but it seems it only helps with traction (ie, it doesn't force a spin-out if you weren't already going to go).