Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. RAS

i have a tr char so i know how much better tr weps are , i'm vanu because i've been vanu for 10 years .

I agree friendly fire needs to stay BUT its needs to be addressed with my idea or something else , my idea was along the lines of hoping that punishing people with something they need / care about heavily would be a sufficiant deterant .

People at the moment are not bothered if they shoot through or purposly tk someone as the punishment is not harsh enough and while i'm not condoning tk'ing on purpose sometimes its the only way to make stupid people learn , the other day someone rammed me in a lib on purpose blowing me and my scythe up , i sent the guy a tell asking why he purposly rammed me and the reply was do i look bothered ? , so i waited for them to come back from battle nearly dead and finished them off then waited again for them to pull another lib and kill it again , then i logged for awhile , logged back in and repeated my earlier actions till i got a final warning

Right or wrong for doing this is up to each person i guess but if the guy had said sorry in his tell i wouldn't have .

maybe add vehicle cost's to the compensation and xp cost's and a 30 minute timer to the vehicle the griefer just used to run into someone ?
  2. Kaon1311

then they get removed due to all the infantry fighting in them and leaving nothing for air/vehicles to farm :p
    • Up x 1
  3. PlayerOneSVK

And again NO RENDERING DISTANCE of players in BIG battles... i add lot of money... omg.. i am dissapointed...
  4. Hatamoto

Is this the large performance patch that was talked about earlier? The one that might require a completely new client download? Performance opimization for lower end gpus in particular? How should we understand that in the big picture? Is the HUD getting a waxing or what? I am getting a very reserved feeling for this patch ... Please detail what is being optimized
  5. Flarestar

I really want to hope that's how it works out, but I can't see it actually playing out that way, given the current behavior of most of t he playerbase.

Also, I just noticed that line about MAXs rendering farther. Is that rendering distance change specific to aircraft? Because if not, playing a MAX in a major battle just became suicide, since you'll render to ground forces long, long before you can do anything about them murdering your face.
  6. Kon

I Would like to see this also, and maybe even a proper achievement system , whith rewards you for support as well as ams spawns etc and all the awesome stuff like killing a fighter with a dumbfire only rocket launcher. doesn't have to give me certs but could have achievement points for each thing , im sure that can be used for something later on.....

would like o see more UI improvements would like to see whos online, when they were last online and what continent they are currently on, also the ability to change around the chat window, so i can create my own tabs one for combat feed one for tells or orders etc etc and make them flash notification etc, more accurate notifications fo whats going on at bases maybe some big flashy thing when you capture a continent, also

also im not much of a fan of the leadership certs it feels like everyone's spending certs on there and arguing over orders, i feel something similar to PS1 with like command certs or something which you can only gain by leading a party or a platoon(bonus to gain by how many people on the squad/ platoon) can simply refund current certs spent and redo the system what way the only people who will have orders chat is people who have put in the time of leading a squad.

also a fix for alpha squad boost, im not liking the fact i have to ask for it back whenever i want to buy a boost, either make it not disappear or make the AS stuff passive and set cut off for July and be done with it.

as for suiciding out of vehicles, just make it when a vehicle goes red ( ie on fire or just before fire ) systems like leaving the vehicle malfunction meaning you cannot bail unless the vehicle is stationary / landed unless you have the ejection system certed and equipped so if someone is so worried about denying someone the vehicle destroy and the kill they have to sacrifice something useful like flares or smoke screen for tanks.
  7. Jurav

Happy New Year to you as well!!

Outstanding job guys. I love the changes and look forward to more.

Keep up the great work!
  8. Lambchopz

Super stoked about the underground tunnels. Base defense has become a big sticking point for a lot of people, glad you guys decided to go this route.

XP changes sound good. I hope SMGs are for Infiltrators. Seems like a good patch overall.

Thanks for the hardwork folks at SoE.
  9. eckart

thats an awesome lot of cool stuff for one patch.

things that id wish there was some word on:
    - general rendering distance for infantry?
    - performance increase? its nice to see you improve performance for lower end gpus, however, it seems that the vast majority of the players rather suffer from problems with the cpu in this game.

then there is the metagame stuff, but im sure were going to here a lot of it in the 6 month plan.

cheers
  10. hostilechild

That is backwards of how i interpret it. We can only hope it takes longer to reload HE and they are ESL types.

"Increase reload speed of HE" - to me means- "Increase speed of HE reload"
    Increase speed is faster -- Increase time is slower

Would been much clearer to say "HE rounds will reload slower/faster" whichever they really meant.
  11. Dubious

Well, he wrote increases TO reload speed, those 2 letters are crucial

no Price on Server Transfer Tokens, so for all we know it can cost 1 cert point..
  12. raw

I am strongly against invulnerability for revived players. Spaw invulnerability probably OK but I see some issues creeping up there surrounding sunderers with attached meatshields...
    • Up x 1
  13. Marmot9

XP enhancements look great. Still there should be XP rewards for platoon and squad leaders: team XP earned within vicinity of waypoints should kick-up XP to the leader, even if it's 1%.
  14. Holodoctor

And yet still no sign of proper driver-gunner mechanics for the main battle tanks.
    The one thing that I and my outfit are waiting for. Give us the ability to designate all our weapons to our gunner and concentrate purely on driving.

During the beta you said that you got something in store regarding this, in the future, yet there is absolutely no sign or even a hint of it.

Additionally those account wide unlocks seem to take you quite some time.
  15. Dingus148

I just think most of the abusers aren't organised enough to pull off exploits like that...most of them will be too busy trying to farm easy, safe certs. God knows I share your cynicism, but I also know how dumb your average player is, and just hope that the exploits are hard to pull off. PUGs are like a herd of cats, and their IQ is that of their leader...divided among the number of players in the group. This is the zerg's weakness. Share some faith with me bro!!! :D

MAXs draw distance is going to suck, but it makes sense. I talked about it somewhere (damn beer) but the difference between MAXs and grunts is that, in reality, the grunts would be cammed up, dug in and laying in ambush etc etc.. The MAXs kind of stand out in the open, being tough and heavily armed. At the very least, they have more armor than the squishies. It'll be a bad time to be a MAX, but at least it kind of makes sense from a mechanics standpoint.

I want these too man, but devs have already stated that "driver/gunner is more fun"...I call b/s, it means it's more attractive to BF3 players and lone wolves (who I guess market analysis decided would spend more cash). Advanced MBT is coming soon though...it won't be the same, but god it'd be nice if they'd listen to the simple answers to the balance problems they have. The easy way to nerf the ground zerg's power is 2 man minimum tanks. One driver, one gunner. How have they overlooked this?

On a rant note, lone wolves can play infantry. They want tanks? Tough. They have to team up, you know, use teamwork in a team game. This'll hook them into outfits, which will make them more likely to hang around, which will make them more likely to spend SC. Or maybe I'm missing the point...perhaps that's why I don't work in market research?
  16. LIFTER

I am not color blind - sure am glad about that as even I have a major prob distinguishing the baddies from the goodies and still get myself killed from being to slow to recognize the difference in fact most of my deaths are from that factor - Shoot first and check later i guess..
    Other than that Great game...
  17. Xenthian

I was eagerly awaiting this patch, and now feel a little depressed. I own a min spec GFX card and I have no issues with it, even on ultra settings. The only time I am bottle-necked by GPU is at the warp gate or en-route to the first big fight. Once another faction starts rendering its CPU bottle-necked all the way.

I'd be fine with the game only using 2 of my CPU's 6 cores if it were at least fully utilizing them, and not just using 30-50% then the game saying its bottle-necked.

Oh and WTB some AMD tweaks^^
  18. ThePackage

1. I don't know who asked for a change like this or what is it's intended purpose is for sure. I can assuming it's to deter farming of players from sunderers. Unfortunately I don't think what's intended is going to be a good change at all. You would have to make a freshly spawned player, with no kills, worth next to no XP to deter farming. Some XP is better than no XP. Another scenario is a farm that happens through no fault of the players. This will severely impact XP gain, especially defending. The LAST thing this game needs, is less incentive to defend right now.

2. Great idea, as long as it properly reflects the effort put into damaging the vehicle.

3. Great idea, I think everyone wanted to see this.

4. I don't think this was ever as big a deal as some people made it out to be. But making the bonus' more visible is never a bad thing.

5. Support tasks do need some love. The current xp variance is quite high and there's no real reason for that.

Everything looks good except for that first bullet point. I still don't understand how you hope to introduce that and not indirectly nerf defense XP, I just can't see it happening.
  19. Choggo

Oh man ::crosses fingers:: hope for shared xp for liberator tailgunners
    • Up x 2
  20. Thurwell

In a way it makes sense for the burster's DPS to be higher than the skyguard, because the skyguard has advantages over the burster in mobility and independence. IE the skyguard is much faster so it can keep up with tanks, the ammo supply lasts forever and the engineer driving the skyguard can repair his own vehicle. A burster needs a separate player to repair, a constant ammo supply, and transport. That being said, he's right about the skyguard aiming being annoying. The turret rotates too slowly to scan the skies for targets and the turret doesn't decline far enough, so a skyguard parked on a cliff is half useless.

In another way it doesn't make sense because a big four barreled vehicle mounted weapon does less damage than a little cannon strapped to a guy's arm. But this situation is common in PS2, heavy assault launchers do more damage than tank cannons.