Handbrakes are not working?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeyge, May 24, 2017.

1. Jeyge

Hi Guys

Very weird bug: The handbrakes of the harasser are not working for me. The handbrakes are binded to "spacebar" but by pressing it nothing happens. Neither when I start driving with handbrake nor when I am already driving.

Spacebar is also not binded to something else.

Very strange? Any ideas how to fix it?
  2. Zagareth

Handbrakes never worked in this game from the beginning - also its not needed anyway
  3. FateJH

Can you give a sense as to what it feels like to you? The barkes always just made slowing down happen more quickly so I assume it feels like they're doing nothing for you now?

You might try unbinding the brakes altogether, saving like that (which may require completely shutting out of the game), and then reloading the game and resetting the bind.
  4. Chubzdoomer

EDIT: I was mistaken, they indeed do nothing. WTF!?
  5. tommyrocket

I believe most of us just use "S" to slow down and to drift, rather than spacebar for handbrakes. If you see the red lights light up behind you, it's working, but it's still so extremely slow as to slowing you down that's it's basically useless. Always been like that as I recall.
    • Up x 1
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

Just tested, works perfectly fine with Harasser for me. Weird.

When you are driving, release W and press spacebar nothing happens at all? Brake lights do nothing and Harasser doesn't slow down?
  7. Kcalehc

How else do you do hand brake turns and power slides? Works fine for me, though it takes a bit of practice to get it right and not just spin out.
  8. Zagareth

Only speed control with forward button and brakes with backward and when the vehicle stands, the brakes are automatically on
  9. ObiVanuKenobi

You're thinking about the real life daily use of handbrake for parking. Handbrake can also be used to drift and in this game it makes your vehicle turn slightly faster or spin out.
  10. Kcalehc

In real life, a handbrake only operates the rear wheels brakes, the brake pedal operates all 4 (at least on a standard car). In PS2 it operates the same, so the 'handbrake' spacebar is only half the braking power of just hitting the down/back button (whatever you have mapped to that). But it will cause your back end to slide if used while turning at speed - it even works in a lightning; which actually makes no sense, but there you go.
  11. Zagareth

No, I dont think you what you think I should think - I dont know how you slide, spin and turn, but for me its Speed control as I already said. Nothing else