[Suggestion] Halloween V issues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clipped!, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Clipped!

Anyone else here frustrated and think some changes to the Halloween event are needed?

The ectoblaster is in dire need of a damage buff as every other weapon in game out performs it, and the Necromancer and Toil/Trouble parts takes years to complete at tier three and four. While the Necro requirements are only somewhat crazy, the fact that getting people to stay long enough near ammo packs is hard as hell, and that vehicle resupplies don't count makes it bat-**** insane to do tier three's T&T, let alone tier four.

A 10-20% decrease in both the Necromancer and T&T requirements for tier 3&4 and allowing vehicle resupplies to count for T&T would make it somewhat manageable rather than aggravatingly difficult. I know you devs are busy trying to keep the servers from being less than stable, but this is important too.
  2. SmittyJensen

I'm on the 4th and final tier right now... it is such a frustrating grind. I thought DBG had sorted holiday events after the complaints last halloween and the inclusion of more relaxed directive goal for the summer event. Only now to discover halloween is still a frustrating grindfest.

The engineer/ammo one is ridiculous. Mainly because there is an army of engies everywhere so my team could practically walk on a road made of ammopacks. So I am skipping it... if I can.

The medic one I find is pretty long but a do-able grind. 'savior' kills are easier in a hesh tank but still seem random. I don't like random goals that makes it difficult to meet.

But more so I'm really disappointed that DBG removed the ability to get npc kills with ectoblaster counting towards the directive. I was busy hunting pumpkins, antitank mines, and the sort before then. Now, considering how weak the ectoblaster is, I don't even want to use it. It is along the lines of dangerous as a butter knife.

Your best shot is going to esamir just as it opens and looking for a galactolantern in the south. I've found two thus far at around the same spot.

DBG need to tune all future holiday events to the skill base of an average to slightly below average player. Right now they are tuned, imo, to an above average player or an average player with a lot of time. These should be super easy to complete and not burnout inducing grind fests that they are.