HAH! "Night comes"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spookydodger, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Spookydodger

Saw this tweet from the basic Planetside2 twitter account:

The night in that picture (and in the game) reminds me of "night" in those old movies where they would put a dark lens over the camera and film in bright daylight.

One time I accidentally had my laptop's screen at an angle and didn't realize, and had real trouble seeing things in the darkness. Then I realized my mistake and the night returned to being an overcast day.
    • Up x 4
  2. sindz

Thats not even remotely dark enough to be night. Take a look at the images in the "Get beta nights back".

Wish they would just re-implement beta nights instead of trying to pass blue tint off as "night".
  3. Hicksimus

Evening comes to #yoloswag2.
  4. Udnknome

I'm guessing the reason nights are so bright is because it's too easy to exploit it and too hard to regulate. You can lower your gamma and put yourself at a dis-advantage much like those that would raise their gamma for an advantage should beta night return.

That's really the gameplay you will end up with.

Enjoy!:D
  5. yama

Just bring back the beta nights.

Real darkness.. non of that "special" kind of low light-ish cow-manure lighting masquerading as night.

You would think the Devs know what nighttime looks like, so how come I feel like I'm in a bad low budget 80's movie where the night scenes are shot by day and later filtered?
    • Up x 5
  6. Sinoby

I would _love_ to see proper dark nights back in PS2! Current once are just "evenings", there is no point in flashlights, headlights, NW etc..
  7. ManualReplica

Ah yes, back in the day when you could tell whether your flashlight was turned on or not.
    • Up x 1
  8. Juni

Ahh yes, Beta nights were fun, I remember seeing people with flashlights... Not a lot, but they were there.
  9. velleity

..and ir sights showed heat signatures inside buildings and force rendered invisible people.
  10. Udnknome

Flashlights used to have a blinding orb (much like the real thing) that made them effective for distraction in CQC and Low Light. They only worked if you were using ADS mode or actively shooting.
    • Up x 1
  11. Blitzer

To me it looks like the point of that screenshot is to show that dark camo (no bright yellow lines that are usually present on NC infiltrator) and not darker nights (as the darkness level looks exactly the same as night time is in the game atm)
  12. Rogueghost

I'm sure some people would do that, but most would be unwilling to make their game look like **** just for a slight game play advantage.
  13. DreamlessLiberty

And they can throw in night vision goggles like modern soldiers use instead of having to constantly peek in your scope. e.g. a night vision sight on one eye with camera gun sight and a night vision sight on the other eye without camera gun sight. The technology has to be there on Auraxis.
  14. Juni

I don't remember that, was this in the Tech test or the actual beta?
  15. KenDelta

I want this , NOW.
    • Up x 1
  16. Udnknome

Actual Beta. The reason you probably don't remember is because people didn't use them much. I had one on a sweeper during beta (autoshotties didn't exist, heck only NC had access to a shotgun at the time) and got plenty of compliments from the enemy for it. They couldn't see my head to aim at it and would shoot my body (the flashlight) instead.
  17. Juni

Doesn't ring a bell, I do remember a lot of complaining about cloakers with shotguns... And the fact that a single shotgun user could clear out a room, without reloading, in less than 5 seconds... Good times =)
    And the shotgun models were actual shotguns, not... Whatever we got now.
  18. Lolroflcake

Planetside 2 has night? When do these nights happen; as far as I was aware we had day time and blue light filter time.
    • Up x 1
  19. Spookydodger

Maybe it is a pitch black sort of thing, where the right alignment of planets has to happen so true night only arrives once every 9 months.
  20. Oheck

Wait...gotta put on my sunglasses to look at that night screenshot.....

Really, I wish they would try making night DARK just for one week...The lighting in this game would look so nice, people actually using headlights, or flashlights....or even flares. Ah what it is to dream....
    • Up x 1