Had my first WTF invulnerability spawn issue

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Feb 5, 2013.

1. {joer

Enemy sunderer is burning, there are two people trying to spawn as engineers to repair, I'm trying to stop them.

I've just about got it, I run to the other side of the sunderer see a guy, 2 clips later he just moves off.

Horrible mechanic, no way to tell if a guy is vulnerable or not. Rather than this horrible mechanic the player base voted 2-1 against implementing (listen to players my ****) how about you slow down the render giving crappy systems time to catch up?.

At least give them a big glowing yellow shield effect or SOMETHING so we know who not too shot.
    • Up x 22
  2. Syylara

Invuln is shorter than it takes to empty 2 clips, perhaps your aim is just really that bad.

A visual effect would just basically be a way for you spawn campers to know which particular fish in the barrel to shoot.

People vote against their own long-term interests in the name of short-term gains that rapidly vanish all the time.

There's a difference between "listening" and "doing whatever you tell us to."
    • Up x 5
  3. {joer

Thank you so much for your insight, but no it was two clips and no I didn't miss so get lost there.

Two its not "spawn camping" its "killing a high priority target in a base fight" here. If you are getting spawn camped at a sunderer, find another sunderer.
    • Up x 6
  4. ritual

I had tons of ****** experiences with it while defending a biodome last night... imagine a hack max that's running out of the shield, dying, waiting to respawn, then he gets up, looks around while taking fire that's doing no damage to him, fires off a couple volleys of instagib goodness then retreats back into the spawn room. It's ******* ********. No reason that someone who just died and was revived should get a free first shot on me. If you're dumb enough to take a revive in the middle of combat, then you should die as you're standing up. I should be able to get into your spawn room and camp you in the ******* tubes FFS... when you're getting spawn camped that means it's time to move, you lost.
    • Up x 13
  5. VoidMagic

Here's an easy fix.

Just make is so if your shooting someone invulnerable you become invulnerable too and all your bullets are refunded, and both of you turn into Pegusis and magic double rainbows!!!!! There should also be a server wide announcement about how cool these new features are and who is currently invulnerable. If you become invulnerable you should be able to fly also and sing songs and dance the dances.

No one should ever get "virtually" hurt cause that's no fun!

Later on all the damage of the weapons should be made 1 and everyone should have 40,000,000 individual hitpoints and the bullets should make you get more hp then you lose so that no one would ever die or feel bad.

Magic Dev Happy Carebear approves this message

Maybe soon they'll just remove all the foul weapons and we can compete with crafts and singing contests where we WE ALL WIN ALL THE TIME.
    • Up x 12
  6. Clonecenter-resident

You were spawn camping, good, that's what you get. If you were really just trying to stop the engineers then you could have just waited for the repair tool to come out. Bam, free XP. They cannot switch back to a weapon and shoot back before they die if you do that.

Tldr stop spawn camping to pad your kdr. And stop crying about it here, there is no sympathy for you. People like you and situations like that are the EXACT reason they implemented that change.
    • Up x 1
  7. VoidMagic

So what if he was... why don't you go and play happy Carebear Rainbow wars, instead of destroying this once proud PVP game.

If a Sunderor is "camped" then the spawnee's need to strategically fall back or be farmed like the sheep they are.
    • Up x 3
  8. {joer

You sir have very poor reading comprehension. I was spawncamping by putting 2c4 on a sunderer that was involved in a base cap :rolleyes:

Now please, go back to playing a death match somewhere.
    • Up x 2
  9. mongedmaster

This was implemented because people were complaining about being killed while accepting a revive and therefore had to suffer 2 deaths, and still go through the same respawn timer. It's about K/D, I bet if they removed a death upon revival people would accept revives like they didn't care and this invul nonsense wouldn't have been necessary.
    • Up x 4
  10. Imnuktam

They really implemented that garbage?

Invulnerability because you just died was probably the lamest most broken idea I saw on that roadmap list. Does no one in your playcircle exploit sony? Hire some people that do so you can see what things like this can do when exploited before releasing it on the public..

I wont list all the ways so people start doing it (one is already listed above about the hackmax, and below with max crash/revive grenade) all the time, but this is a horrible idea. Its going to encourage people to make stupid decisions and take a res on the front line because now it is a good idea and you can soak up huge amounts of enemy fire while your teammates benefit by not being shot at because everyone is firing at the guy who just got a res and is just standing there in no cover, but not dying because you already just killed him and took a res.

Im sorry,. but rewarding people or their side for bad gameplay is just plain stupid! Just like taking a res on the frontline of a firefight where you know you will instantly be shot.

Quit catering to the people who dont want to have to think while playing this game. There are plenty of other fps out there for people who just want to mash their fire button and never use their brain or any tactics.
    • Up x 4
  11. hostilechild

The really silly part is the max crashes or HA crashes followed by rez grenades and revives that then gives them time to look around find targets to shoot or the HA actually fire a rocket. (well find a target and aim it).

As a max with limited ammo you have to almost let them shoot you before you shoot or you can waste your ammo.

Really was a silly mechanism that is already being somewhat exploited to crash rooms.
    • Up x 2
  12. Aekkel

Personally, I like the invuln, simply because it means my rather bad system has a chance to actually render everything before I get blown to pieces. (This usually applying to spawning at a sunderer under fire.)

That said, some sort of visual effect would be good, and you shouldn't get an invuln if you accept a revive. Only if you 'spawn'.
    • Up x 2
  13. Rubius

They will implement roadmap ideas whether we like em or not. The roadmap is just a list of things they're going to add, nothing more, nothing less.The spawn invulnerability is a prime example of that.
  14. VoidMagic

I love invulnerability. Now the first HA that dies on my squad becomes a moving point of cover for our advance.
    I mean who wouldn't love invincible moving cover, it's brilliant, and then once the cover is full healed they become another soldier. I can stop tankrounds, gunfire, rocketpods, heck it's the most powerfull armor unit in game.

What a fun new ability. I can't wait to hear what Captain Carebear comes up with next. Cause obviously years of single player FPS and Wow has made every nubetart an expert PVP Game Dev. I mean I was nearly besides myself that 1337 gamers with no tactical awareness might accept a res and wind up losing precious K/DR, now thou, I'll stop armor columns with zombie HA and LOCKONROCKETZ. GG, well played.

/rantoff
    • Up x 3
  15. Phermumbles

Yeah but this engagement had to have been under a second, because that's how long it lasts, or until they move if I'm remembering correctly.
  16. Syylara

Yes, because one guy got a cover position near your spawn, you should concede the entire territory to them.

Not inclined to take direction from players who prefer to only attack targets that can't respond and then accuse others of wanting happy carebear rainbow wars, lol. Risk-averse players accusing others of wanting an idealized experience is rich stuff.
  17. ChaosRender

That is strange I have still died with in a second of taking a revive, and have yet to see even on dmg immune person out and about that was not a hacker. Last I heard they put they spawn immunity in at less then a second just enough time for you to go, "Oh look I spawned" then die.

I really can not have sympathy for people wanting kills on people spawning at a sunderer. Now maybe they should remove it form revived players but only if it is proven to be exploitable. And sadly revived players need it he most, because it is easier to kill the revived player then the medic most of the time.
  18. TomaHawk

Agree. If an Engineer is allowed to use his Repair gun, then I am allowed to splatter his insides across the side of his Sunderer. I've already run into this several times, emptying my Nighthawk into players that get to play while invulnerable. It's one thing to make them this way so they're given a spawning chance, but once their interface allows them to move around, they should be open season.

Not acceptable.
  19. Leer

Why not wait until they try to repair and shoot them? I'm not sure what gun you were using but 2 clips is a long time and I haven't seen someone stay protected that long. I was sniper sniping the other night night and a sunder pulled up at the base of a hill I was on. I was was selectively targeting healers and engis at the sundy and they didn't stay protected long. Maybe 3 seconds? Could be you run into a glitch? Even though what I was doing was considered farming I was starving the front line of support classes for a while and the invulnerability didn't have much of an impact other than 1 in 4 targets getting away. That seemed reasonable.
  20. Fluff

Yup and you failed and now what you were hoping for is to see the sunder slowly burn till it exploded. You failed sir, you failed, and you are not happy because you didn't have full control of a situation you didn't have to begin with. Next time, use your brain, 2 c4+launcher now THAT'S the way to kill a sunder and if you haven't c4'ed your HA it's your fault not the game mechanics. We're very happy that people like you, vultures, cannot spawn camp sunders anymore ;]