Had an awesome LA moment? share it!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Nov 27, 2012.

1. xSQUISHx

Non-combat Story - The other day on Amerish we ended up in the same place as the zerg. After taking the base we rolled out and were zipping through the mountain road - me on a quad and the rest in sunderers or tanks. We realized that quite a few of the zerg tanks were rolling the same way we were and I commented that I wished I was in the sunderer as I felt like I was about to get run over. The driver told me to get in so I maneuvered my in front of the sunderer weaving between tanks, bailed from the quad, hit the jump and got into the moving sunderer. The best part was the sunderer driver didn't care about the grief he got for rolling over my abandoned quad since the thought the maneuver looked awesome from the drivers seat.

Combat Story - I drop pod in to help the outfit was hold Snake Ravine from some NC scum with a Vanguard on the flank of their sunderer. I land behind the enemy Vanguard, walk up to it, drop some C4 on its tail and BOOM! Run back to restock C4 and another Vanguard rolls up to replace the 1st. I flanked him, drop 2 bricks of C4 on him and BOOM! Run back and restock C4 again. Now the driver of the 1st tank is back with another Vanguard so I flank him, drop some C4 on his tail and BOOM! 3 Vanguard kills within 3 minutes of dropping on the base.
  2. Steppa

If you want to have a great moment, kit out with C4, find which tower the base perimeter is currently the "front" and try to use the bounce pads to get as close as you can. Put the C4 on top of the tower nearest the action and bounce away. Wait for that tower to have multiple enemies on it (usually takes less than a minute or so) then...boom!

Personally, I like dropping into the middle of two or three groundpounders and killing them all. Much more satisfying if I have to use all three weapons (carbine, pistol, knife) to kill all three because it makes me feel like an action movie hero :)
  3. Lethal_Sting

Earlier today, quaded up to highroads station, with a small force following me. I get there, and must have been half a dozen vanu MAX suits with accompanying engies and heavies. I popped up and tossed a grenade, easy 2 kills. Did another pop up, let loose with the trac-5 / ls and mowed down two more. Did that two more times, and ran out of carbine ammo. Sensing that they are being oblivious to me and focusing on the NC aircraft a bit aways, I fly up and pop 2 more with the pistol.

Now I'm outta ammo. I see that a kind engy left an ammo pack out about 10m away, but to my chagrin a MAX is standing inches from it. My main force is getting close, so if I die there's probably a sundy to spawn at; I chance it and jump right next to that MAX! Nobody spots me, so I take a quick swing at the suit all while getting much needed ammo. I quickly jump away, but this time they caught on that I'm not them.They chase me down only to run into some nice friendly [not so much for them] heavy armor.

At this point, I get too greedy, and the next time I jumped up quite a few were ready for me.
  4. SpoKeNReVeng3

I had a great run a couple days ago, in the Bio lab flanking the enemy. In about 4 runs I got 39 kills, best part was I got some video of how the light assault can cause some damage. I'll let the video do the talking.
  5. gunshooter

Every time i've bombed a max and its engineer(s) with c4 for an instant kill, pretty much
  6. Wolfwood82

My moment of glory was during a tech plant battle. Our team had gotten through the shields and were battling hard to take down the shield generator in order to open up the spawn generator so that we could clear the base. There were about 8-10 NC sitting all along that upper railing aiming down towards the control console and 2 of those were engineers with turrets up spraying the stair way. It was a very nice set up and extremely well defended.

I loaded up with a Nighthawk shotgun with extended magazine and jet packed up to the railing on the left side of the platform (as you face it). First 3 guys I saw I took out in an instant and dropped back down to reload in peace. Next I jumped back up to the same point, no one had really noticed me yet so I walked forward and mowed down another guy in my path. Tossed a grenade towards the other side of the platform (it landed in the far right corner where I believe a medic was) while I took down the two engineers, reloaded while my grenade went off and ran up to finish off the last 2 standing at the railing to the right of the stairs, still oblivious to what had happened. Single handedly cleared the entire platform of infantry.

I've had several other moments but that was my favorite so far. Think I killed nearly a full squad in about 15 seconds.
  7. Fearghaill

Best moment so far

Was jumping from one rooftop to another when a heavy assault stepped out from behind cover and spotted me in mid-air. Started firing in mid-air while I still had the element of surprise, but the accuracy was bad enough he was still fairly healthy when I ran out of ammo. I ran past him down the stairs as I reloaded, jumped out a window, and boosted back on to the roof behind him, and shot him in the back as he chased me down the stairs.
  8. Nehlis

blew up a 5 man (very small) max crash at the biolab with c4, then hopped off the side of the flight pad, dropped a grenade next to sundy, killed 3 others while running from vanu gunfire, and made it safely back inside the shield. Then someone spawned a tank where I was standing...