Hacking is a Problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Villanuk, May 21, 2015.

1. Aryj

In the less than two weeks I've been playing I've seen more hackers in this game than every other MMO I've ever played combined. Mostly speed hacking and aim bots. a couple of things I'm curious about, I've been killed several times by heavies that are so far away I can't see them with a 12x scope. How the hell can they see me? And when you see a missile heading towards you and run well out of splash range, how is it still killing me? That's happened a ton of times. When they fire does the round already know if it's going to hit based on where I was when it fired, or does it go to the point it was fired towards?
  2. Hatesphere

its called client side hit detection. if you get hit on your opponents screen you get hit.
  3. Aryj

That's a pretty dumb system. How can they even know if I'm going to get hit when a rocket goes so slow?
  4. Hatesphere

they dont know you are going to get hit. simply put, when playing a game due to things like your ping (or lag) not everyone is seeing the same thing all at once. its all broken up and your client only gets the information the server gives it that other clients have sent it to send you. so you may have been around the corner a split second before the missile hit on your screen, but due to say 100-200ms lag, on their screen you are not yet. its kind of required to make a game of this scale run without breaking the bank keeping server up. occasionally it leads to some funny stuff.
  5. DeltaValkyrie

There are a few factors that come into play that you don't realise. I'll keep it simple as I can.

Basically what it means is even if you LOOK like you've taken cover on your screen. If the server hasn't transmitted the information to his screen yet, he can hit you. That's why sometimes I've been killed, or gotten killed typically on higher ping servers. Also experienced players are able to hit stuff at ranges you probably wouldn't believe.

Be also aware that your POV (Point of View) is based on your chest region not your head. Therefore when you think you are behind cover sometimes your head is sticking out in actual fact.

As for speedhacks be aware there is actual equipment for some classes that allow that.
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Adrenaline_Pump <---- is probably what is going on.
    • Up x 1
  6. Aryj

What I saw definately wasn't the adrenaline pump. This was going hundreds of meters in a few seconds. Most of the times I saw it it was a max, and it wasn't just me that thought it was hacking. Even people on that players faction were reporting them. I know I'm new and I really suck at this game, but I've seen a lot of questionable things. Like shooting someone point blank in the face at least 15 times and they still kill me. Then when I die their shields aren't even halfway down. And tonight I got headshotted well behind the safe room barrier. It may be the game mechanics, but if so the mechanics really suck.
  7. VAKEMPVA

Funny, some very basic games from non-AAA developers have AH systems that detect players teleporting when they shouldn't be, and kicks/bans them...
  8. Whatdayisit

The adrenaline pumps adds ~ +10% speed when I tested it out (rough time over distance). Sure doesn't explain the guy that ran past our vanguard (maxed speed chasis) at full speed in the warp gate area a week or so back.

Indestuctable tank, I pumped mulitple launcher rounds into it as did other heavies, as well as it taking multiple rounds from other tanks and sunderers. Only thing that stopped it was being rammed by multiple armour and flipped over. Lasted a few more minutes like that till I assume it timed out.

Watched a guy come out of the ground (not lag) and others walking through walls before disappearing again.

Varying aimbot/combobot/movement/maphack exploits. Too numerous to even bother mentioning.

Seems to have gotten worse ~ 2 weeks ago (on Briggs) for what reason? I don't know.
  9. Shibby84

In my honest opinion I believe hacking in PS2 exists. Some of the things in PS2 is explainable. Being under the ground because a sundy spawn clipped you there, or some random event the game decided for you to fall into the ground, and be able to headshot all the medics on the other team, its been done, ive done it, got some of my buddys on my VS toon I play with also >:) So that's more of an exploit. If you play enough like I do, you know of that guy zipping around with his shotgun, and knifing people, only appearing every 3 secs, with 1 second to have a chance to shoot him, and I've killed them before. Weather its some bug that allows someone to do that because, of some server latency or w/e. It shouldn't be allowed to happen in the game. Back when they introduced the new phoenix missile for the NC, it was programed at first, to instantly travel to the target with no travel time, If things like that are programed in the first place, to be able to do such things, it seems like this game, has it in the game, to be used by the devs or something as an exclusive benefit. Hacking cheating w/e exists in PS2. Subtle aimbots seem to be present also, smaller I think to detect, than freaking neo from the matrix. Itz Bad. Bad
  10. Villanuk

Better explained in the Video

• Up x 2
  11. n0pax

Honestly this is just part of life playing on a very old game (PS2 is a 2.5 year old game going on 8). I'm sorry to have to say it but deal with it or move on to a more lively and supported game like Battlefield 4. They are not increasing the budget of PS2 PC, it's only going to get worse.
  12. BloodyG

But this games have competent developers, PS2 is just a cashcow for greedy suites...
    Don't listen to the fanboys, it has nothing to do with clientside and the number of cheaters will only rise overt the next month.
  13. Villanuk

No, you dont just deal with and accept it. Their is nothing to accept when cheaters play, they are the scum of online gaming, they are lowest of the low. If you dont accept it and you keep bringing it to the attention to the people who run the game then they are more inclined to deal with the situation and try as best they can to resolve it, they dont want hackers either.
  14. n0pax

I totally 100% agree with your statements in a perfect world. That said unfortunately ps2 is a very hacker friendly game due to its lack of staff, which is something that will not change regardless of the complaints. The only constructive way to voice your opinion is if it bothers you that much move on and hope DBG changes their tune, but they are more likely to shut off the servers.

They know this is an issue, however their current funds are dedicated to H1Z1, not PS2 and that is not going to change regardless of the feedback they receive, PS2's playerbase and growth potential are far too small.
  15. OldCuban

What's even funnier is when said hackers try to convince you that they're not hacking, like this guy:

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428340371174535857/killboard

He got me once, I found it fishy since I was surrounded by friendlies that included motion sensors/darts and engie turrets and my back was to a wall. Yet he kept killing friendlies including myself without ever being seen by myself or anyone else. And they were all knife kills. So I started recording, and sure enough I caught him killing me and many others on cam without him ever showing up on screen. I call him out and he spends the next several minutes trying to explain to me how it's lag and even asking to meet on Skype.

Some weird *** people these exploiters tend to be.

What I find funny is that as soon as he turned his hacks off, it seems he couldn't kill a single person, check out his killboard.
  16. hostilechild

Saw a pretty cool one yesterday. LA that was warping but the effect was really cool. He must have bound the warp to his jumpjets, the jumpjets would fire making it look like a light burst ( think nightcrawler smoke from xmen but as light). So you saw these little light bursts warping around when watching from a distance.

Even though there are issues, it rarely effects my fun in the game. More play fair than not, but it is worse than a few months ago. Not that hard to deal with no recoil/no cof people as positioning/strategy still wins, the warpers and all headshots (get caught eventually are fewer). You die so fast in this game anyway, most don't notice.