Hacking in-use turrets?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Oleker2, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Oleker2

I was using the AT-Turret to defend a base, than suddenly I got kicked from the turret and a enemy infiltrator got in that turrer. Never heard of that possibility. Was a recent update?
  2. HellasVagabond

Always was like that.......Infiltrator hacking needs to get nerfed but noone seems to care :)
  3. KeneticNRG

It does not need a nerf, it is just fine as it is.
    Consider this, if the infiltrator is decent enough to sneak past groups of enemies in their own base and stay out of steatht long enough to hack a turret in use without being seen, he is full well worthy of taking the turret and the people that are inside the base being killed by their own turret should be ashamed.
    • Up x 2
  4. HellasVagabond

Oh come on, infiltrators go to empty bases a bit further from the action, hack AA guns and shoot on unsuspected ESF. Or hack AV turrets and shoot on unsuspected armor.
    I have yet to see a single infiltrator get in a base when people are actually in it (by people i don't mean one or two) and do that but even if that was the case how hard is it to get in a base and get in one of the towers ? They have no shield no nothing.
  5. Astraka

And the problem is?
    • Up x 2
  6. HellasVagabond

The problem is that the entire concept of the infiltrator is to infiltrate battle zones, not go behind enemy lines, infiltrate a base and start shooting to the few ESFs or MBTs that get launched from that base to join the battle. Luckily once all nerfs are in place we will see a nerf in terms of hacking.

PS : Some people even hack every terminal in a base (vehicle terminals) so people can't get vehicles. Ridiculous.
  7. Astraka

I get it now. Well played. ;)
  8. NoctD

Its been like that from day one. If you actually listen for sounds of them cloaking/moving, you can usually tell when you're going to get hacked, pop out of the turret first, and SHOOT them dead! Situational awareness FTW. Or you could just place an AP mine behind the turret too. Also never go into the turret with a repair gun loaded, because of this.

The only time I get kicked out of turrets these days without expecting it is when someone turns the outer control point of a sub-base tower, though even then if I watched the mini-map I'd know it was changing.
  9. HellasVagabond

Once they nerf the infiltrator type you will get it, no doubt about that :)

If you are in a base and you are almost alone they don't cloak, they come and take the turret normally.
  10. Astraka

Just listen guys he's right. Hacking turrets & terminals is really overpowered. Infiltrators need nerfed hard. ;)
    • Up x 1
  11. Rhyl

Even if they hack you first. You'll shoot them dead. There's a bug currently where the turret recipient pops out unrendered, invisible, and unable to be harmed. That's why no one hacks you out of the turret. You could still place a mine behind the turret but alas. Our mines no longer work as of a few days ago. That option is gone too. Hacking someone out of a turret, even successfully, has become suicide.
    • Up x 1
  12. hellaskan

What the heck do you expect us to do?? We are supposed to get behind enemy lines and cause havoc. We're supposed to give suppresive fire from stealth and snipe people.

Were you the guy at Crossroads in one of the two tanks I blew up yesterday after I hacked the AV gun? You guys were coming down the hill that that small outpost, shelling us with loads of armor, so I took my time to go up the mountain, around your entire tank column.. got into the crossroads, sniped an ESF pilot that was trying to repair, hacked the AV turret and took out 2 tanks on their way to kill my buddies. I believe THAT'S EXACTLY what I am supposed to do when I play Inf.

CAN GET HECK YEAH??!!
  13. Dragonblood

Seems like a bug to me......hardly a nerf.....the turret is user is spawned with a slight delay always on the same spot......guess where my aim goes during that delay.....

@HellasVadabon: Go back to your Spawnroom-Camping, Rocket or HE Spamming....what ever you pleases.
  14. HellasVagabond

No actually that's not what you should do. Perhaps the nature of PS2 allows people to go wherever they please but when there are hot zones on the map you should be in those hot zones and not go to other places and wait for someone to spawn an ESF or for someone to come there for resupply in order to get him.
    In PS1 we had campers and all shorts of things but noone did something like that just to farm points.
  15. Dragonblood

yeah, but an infiltrator hacking a occupied turret that fires at your invading forces IS IN A HOT ZONE. That's what is infiltrating is all about. I am sure as hell not playing this class, because it's so much fun to hack weapon consoles.
    • Up x 1
  16. Mustarde

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. 4/10

Hacking is currently broken, see the other thread on the front page - basically its suicide to hack an occupied turret unless the occupant is very unaware of things. It was broke with GU04/05 and has been petittioned and tweeted and whatever else I could think of to get the devs attn. I think they are working on it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Astraka

Just listen to this dude guys. ESF pilots & Tank drivers have it hard enough fighting the legitimate classes. They shouldn't have to worry about pesky Infiltrators too.
  18. Netham

The only issue I really have is with infilitrators ghost hacking facilities FAR from the frontlines. When I have to chase someone around for 10+ minutes un-overloading Gens, rehacking stolen terminals, etc. Its annoying, its not fun, and its simply silly that I even have to, when enemy forces wont be there for several, several Hexes.
  19. Highway_Star

No, it's the only good thing an inflitrator can do.
    • Up x 2
  20. HellasVagabond

Not necessarily, you could be in a turret 1000m away from a hot zone and just shoot incoming ESFs or Libs that circle around the hot zone. That doesn't make where you are a hot zone.
    My issue however is with the infiltrators that go to empty bases not to cap them but to hack terminals (to make them unusable by people) and turrets (and just wait to see if they can score a kill or two).