Hacking an OSG?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jac70, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Jac70

I built a base. While I was away mining someone built an OSG near it. Came back later and found that my vehicle terminal had been hacked. So I hacked it back, I then noticed that the OSG was now an enemy one, didn't know that was possible. Pretty sure it was being powered by my silo but I couldn't flip it back or get the shield down!

Is this possible or some new exploit?
  2. Pat22

Sounds more like your OSG was destroyed and the enemy placed their own in your silo
  3. Jac70

I am wondering if I have made a mistake and that the OSG was always an enemy one! The thing is I would have thought that you could not place an OSG without a friendly silo. Also, you could not place a friendly silo that close to an enemy silo. That you wouldn;t do it anyway, why would you place an OSG that close to an enemy base. I'm 90% that it was a friendly OSG to begin with. I'll have to see if it happens again.
  4. Pat22

You've always been able to play constructions inside an enemy silo's range. He probably figured he could drain your cortium and deny your own OSG for some time.