Hackers Hackers and more Hackers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SikVvVidiT, Aug 7, 2013.

1. SikVvVidiT

They went away for a minute it seems. As did the gm support and I think they know this....

Now they are back in full effect, ruin gameplay for everyone. Sure would be nice if we had GM"s that would log in more often. But I guess they are busy alpha testing Everquest Next...
  2. Excretus Maximus

You don't need a GM to report someone, just hit alt, click their name, and hit report; if they're actually hacking it's not that difficult to detect.
  3. Notih8Darian

I haven't seen hackers in 3+ months, or at least blatant hackers
  4. MonnyMoony

It can be difficult to tell a hack from a bug.

For example - I have just been playing, and came face to face with an enemy soldier. We both unloaded at pretty much point blank range, I got a slight jump on him to probably landed 1 or 2 hits before he opened up. I was packing a pretty hard hitting VS Flare LMG which should have done 160+ damage per hit at that range - and I definitely scored hits (couldn't miss really) as I could see the hit animation playing on the enemy soldier. It should have only taken 6 or 7 hits to kill this guy even if he was packing full nanoweave - and I definitely landed at least that many hits.

I ended up getting killed first - and given how many hits we both scored - I would have expected him to have simply been lucky and survived by the skin of his teeth. However - when the death screen came up showing the stats of the guy who just killed me - he still had full health and full nanite shield (blue and green bars)!?!

Is this an example of a hack - or just a bug with hit detection or stats screen?
  5. FateJH

Last weekend I saw 3KDC for the first time in a while.

Just throwing that out there.
  6. KenDelta

Die once to a hacker = rage on forums.
    Get sniped by a lucky shot from a BR5 = hacker.
    Get sniped by an MLGPRO360NOSCOPE BR80 = skill.
  7. ViXeN

Full effect? That's odd considering I haven't seen one yet since I started playing again.
  8. jak

Must be a new release of a hack or something. Had 3 or 4 playing NC late last night - first time I've seen blatant hacks in quite awhile.
  9. PWGuy93

This is a known bug.
  10. HyperMatrix

Honestly if I don't get accused of hacking at least 3 times each session, I feel like I'm underperforming and get depressed. :(
  11. The King

Could be just some other guy who wasn't hit killed you with 1 bullet or more.... doesn't matter, got the last hit in.
  12. Goretzu

I think that's exactly it.

Tonight I've been killed by 5 different people though walls and shields (with direct shots, not exploiting AOE), and experienced half a dozen people displaying utterly ridculously accuracy.

I've seen nothing like tonight for months now. :(
  13. wwwjdx

I suffered a bug looked like hacker once: got online, ran into an area thick with enemies, I started firing on a guy who didn't die, he was firing on me, I didn't die, he ran off - found that all odd - then I ran into a REAL hot spot with like 10 guys in a room and started firing, killing nobody.... they all spun around and starting shooting me, BUT I never died. I probably looked like a hacker. I could tell something very weird was going on, so, I logged out and restarted the game..... then I started dieing normally.

Don't ALWAYS suspect hacking. Game itself has bad glitches.