[Suggestion] Hackers everywhere wtf ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrazyFrog, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Reclaimer77

Yeah I am so sick of that hack. Some infil decloaks and instantly headshots you while taking all kinds of fire? I call BS. And I've seen it happen more and more lately.
  2. Gundem

Frankly, I've wondered how long I could get away with that hack if I booted from an old hard dive and made a new account. My main concern(Apart from the moral dilemma of ruining other people's experience) is that if I was caught, they'd IP ban me, and I won't risk my account for the sake of science.

I'd love to see a test of that, a fresh, hacked PS2 client ran from an unknown source tested for how long it would take for the anticheat to work. Or perhaps that player would just become "on of the greats", and none would be the wiser.
    • Up x 2
  3. Alkasirn

The wonderful thing about Planetside 2 is you can never be 100% sure if something out of the ordinary is a hacker, lag, or a bug. Did that SMG that was 50 meters away actually land 100% headshots while firing full auto perfectly, or did the connection/server hiccup so you were notified about all the damage (and none of the missed shots) at the last instant? We've probably all heard about people who have been in deep cloak for a long period of time randomly getting taken out by a sniper from 300+ meters away. Is that a hack or did the game decide not to cloak the player on anyone else's screen? Is that HA running around 100 meters in the air a hacker, a glitched drifter LA, or the game's lag prediction killing itself?

An example to show how bad it can get: The only time I was ever hackusated was when I was minding my own business with a delightful 52ms ping and suddenly I saw an enemy slide out from behind a door. I didn't ask any questions, I just killed them and moved on - until I got hackusated. It turns out the player I killed never peeked out from behind any door. In fact, when I killed them they were running up stairs in a completely different building that was on the other side of the base when suddenly, from their perspective, I shot them through multiple walls until they died.

But the PS2 community in general seems to have this idea that since technical issues of one kind or another are so common, that means a game that has no way to prevent hackers from entering it doesn't actually have any hackers. Of course, closet hackers wouldn't be attracted to a game where suspicious activity gets the benefit of doubt or anything...
  4. Scifi

I also have just come back to the game, I saw 2 whole platoons of tanks and sunderers taken out with what looked like a barrage of 1 shots and yet nothing was done abt it.
  5. Stormsinger

Every new keyboard I get, I wear out the Q key first. I got a brand new mechanical around christmas, and the Q is already illegible, and the texture is already worn smooth. When playing PS2, I am constantly tapping it - there are no moments where I am not spamming Q, save for when i'm infiltrating and don't want to give away my position, and when I'm in menus. I frequently catch people / vehicles that I have to zoom my map all the way out to see, 400-600 meters away, through mountains, walls, bases, other units, etc. This was a bug a few years ago, and it was re-introduced about 18 months ago, if i'm remembering correctly.

This might be a hack, but spotting randomly from 500 meters is commonplace for me - happens every 2-3 minutes at the absolute least. All it takes is muscle memory and a tolerance for, "ENEMY THINGY SPOTTED, ENEMY THING THERE, ENEMY THING! ENEMY THING! THING THAT' AN ENEMY" voice spam.
  6. Shiaari

Ok, there seems to be a great reluctance on the part of this community to accept that ClientSide cheating is as great a problem as it really is.

This wasn't random. I know random. All of these "GIT GUD" posts and this make believe that I'm some kind of n00b to whom something random happened are all utter mischaracterizations of what actually happened. This guy wasn't just catching me randomly. It was consistent, anytime I went anywhere near the base, even cloaked.

The only way this could've happened the way it did was if and only if I was already visible on his screen and he knew where to spot. You mayI ask, "If he was wall hacking, why bother to spot?" Because, like many cheaters he wanted to pass himself off as legit, and he thought that just "spotting" was random enough to make it happen.

I could respawn, cloak, sneak to some random place in the base, uncloak, and hear "Watch your back, enemy infiltrator in the area," from all the way across the hex. Ok?

The guy was wall hacking. When I tell you he was wall hacking you can pretty much take it to the bank and cash it. I don't throw around hackusations easily, because a lot of random crap does happen.

We all want to believe that good players are genuinely good. I do too. I want to respect good players. I want to get better myself. But we need to call a spade a spade and accept that there is a cottage cheat-ware industry in this game that's bringing us all down.
  7. SW0V

On the contrary. If it's just one person. Spotting them once allows you to keep re-spotting them easily. Only needing to focus spotting on one person that you already know exactly where s/he is is easy.
  8. Shiaari

Not when that person you're spotting cloaks, or approaches from a completely different base... incidentally also cloaked.

Perhaps you missed the part where I'd get instantly spotted from across the base the moment I decloaked at any time.

And even if what you said was the case, he's still exploiting a known bug and should be banned.

There are only so many excuses you can make for this guy.
    • Up x 1
  9. Stormsinger

I believe you, and I'm not attempting to diminish your experience or your claims - I am merely sharing my experience based on what you initially described.
    What you wrote above, however - yep, that sounds like hacking. I am a software Engineer by trade, and I know exactly how much of a hacker's wet dream the game is - almost every major combat oriented process is done locally by the client, opening itself up to manipulation. This means that rather then a game of 'keep the memory / vital process out of the hacker's hands', it becomes an ordeal of 'find out who is cheating by combat metrics, performance trends / stats analysis and player reports'

But, as you mentioned, the sheer multitude of bugs / performance quirks in the game makes it difficult to tell when someone is actively hacking, and when things are just being their typical quirky selves.
    • Up x 1
  10. Taemien

I just found an article randomly that deals with a hacking banwave that is pretty damn hilarious. Apparently someone designed a fake hack that specifically triggers a VAC ban on Counter-Strike:Global Offensive. Its a piece of software advertised as an aimbot. It caused a ton of people to get banned. The article can be found here:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/counter-str...k-and-purposely-gets-3000-cheaters-vac-banned

I'm wondering if someone should do that to PS2. Make a fake hack that will trigger the hack detection of PS2 right off the bat. Release it right after a major patch and advertise its up to date so the hackers switch on over thinking they can get back into the game faster before their preferred ones update.

The tears would be delicious.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gundem

I would love to see that. I'd love even more for someone to put a worm on various hacking websites, so we can IP track hackers and find out if any of them visit the forums.
  12. bLind db

Literally none of the devs care about the current state that the game is in. Buy something.
  13. Pelojian

yes they would it'd be great if the game companies themselves could do this. release a bunch of fake hacks have some trigger a ban immediately and others just report to the company so they can do some ban waves so the hackers are never sure whether the program is tattling or whether the anti-cheat caught them.

I just hope DBG learned from PS2 you make hit detection server side as well as other vital systems otherwise you may as well only release SP games or small MP games where one client acts as a server.
  14. bLind db

You can't make a game of this size server-side. Literally nobody will be able to hit **** reliably. The problem is, even with client-side, DBG's servers are so ******* awful that nobody can reliably hit people anyway.

It doesn't matter if it's server-side or client-side if the dev team doesn't put enough resources towards the game to make it run well.
  15. o0CYV3R0o

Come join us on ps4 no hacks here and no advantages from some having better equipment than others.

Ok we don't have the beastly machines im sure alot of you do (well i do but prefer my ps4 for gaming mostly) and the ultra graphics settings though.
  16. SpartanPsycho

You can't be spotted while cloaked. He was a hacker.

Don't aspire to be a good player, one of them switched factions to TK a sundy, and their streams are almost always cancerous.

Instead, do dope.

^my bible^
  17. Savadrin

lol

I got my second hackusation ever last night, it was hilarious.

Poor guy obviously didn't understand what happens when an experienced stalker knows that a scrub stalker is sitting around waiting for him.

And seriously, if you're a stalker - don't sit RIGHT inside a doorway when you've got a spotter down and think that's not the FIRST place the other stalker will look for you. lol.

The tears were delicious.
  18. SpartanPsycho

:D

stalker trolling is fun
  19. blackboemmel

Damn, i'm still waiting for video evidence of that hack-tsunami. Maybe hackers avoid me because i'm having Shadowplay?
  20. Villanuk

We all know their are hackers and most certainly bug abusers but at times it can also be quite innocent. I was accused last night. I got him twice more by luck than skill, which i could understand his comments.

With or without a anticheat system, your always going to accuse players but as DBG allow third party programs like cross hair over lays, then people will try and add software to improve ( hack ) their skills.