Hacker or some weird lag issues?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AxisO7, Nov 30, 2012.

1. AxisO7

Ran into a VS guy in an otherwise deserted bio dome an hour ago (on the Briggs server). First time I found him we exchanged pleasantries (otherwise known as bullets) and he killed me fair and square but was down to only a little health. So I respawned, hunted him down and proceeded to put an entire round into him only for not one single bullet to register, but he turned around and killed me like normal. I didn't get a single hitmarker, despite me knowing at least 20 of the 40 bullets should have hit him. I don't know if the bullets were going through him or hitting him and just not doing anything.

I respawned again, and same thing happened. He wasn't even moving and we exchanged rounds, not a single one of mine hit him but he killed me without any problems. Third time, same thing. He almost killed me, I ran away, healed and came back only for the exact same thing to happen. He wasn't moving strangely or anything else that would indicate it was a connection problem. Just a normal guy, who wouldn't take bullets.

Fourth time I respawned, whispered him and said 'nice hacks bro', then went hunting for him again. He must've been writing his reply when I found him this time as he said in yell 'Looks like someone' and I killed him as he posted it (obviously he was halfway through his message). A minute later a friend recommended I do a /who search for him and he didn't come up.

So, the question is was he a hacker who turned his hacks off when I called him on it, or was he someone with weird lag issues (remember there was absolutely no hint of a problem in our first engagement) who just rage quit after I killed him while he was writing his message.

I can't remember his name, but I'm just wondering if this happens again should I report the guy or not? This happened once before as well, late on in the Beta if I remember correctly.