Hackable Doors in Facilities?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheHolyCow123, Jul 28, 2014.

1. TheHolyCow123

Just a simple idea here, what if:

a) Facilities could have additional "doors" or "pathways" between and inside various facilities, which only the defenders could access (by "pathways" I mean something which would be Under-ground or Over-head) - this would also add more possibilities for accessing the control point

b) Attackers could also gain access to these "doors" or "pathways" by having Infiltrators hack them

Also, I just thought of this because of a similar idea by another person and the fact that many facilities have these large, closed doors (almost like a Vault) which have no function and can not be opened in anyway.

Anyway, thank you!
    • Up x 2
  2. psychoninja

We really do need these, planetside 1 actually had things like this everywhere. Basically any entrance to a room to a facility or entrance to a facility had an automatic door that would open to anyone who was on the faction that owned the facility, and there was a little panel to the side of it that could be hacked with the hacking tool.
    I only played planetside 1 after it went free to play, so i didnt get that much experience with it, but i could still see the difference they made.
  3. starlinvf

The doors weren't nearly as useful as people remember it being. It only stopped people who refused to carry a REK, and to a lesser extent, vehicles camping door ways. But just like any other choke point, it prevented players from being able to push out, just as badly as it prevented attackers from pushing in.

On top of that, the OP just described the 1-way shields found at most bases.