HA,that class its paper.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ximaster, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Ximaster

The thing that i dissapoint its the endurance of HAs. Its not suppossed to have a lot???? I die every time when i go in front of battle,putting shields included. And i feel like a paper. Maybe its caused that my gameplay was from Infiltrators,that ive always played ones. HAs cant turn invisible. But anyway,with the shields and default shields must endure more time. Most of times i die in 2 or 3 shoots of the F*CKING Betelgueuse. The most players that bothers me was the BR100s,that say me noob when they kill a BR15. They never was BR15??? I starting to play from 1 month ago,i get some kills with my stalker Vanu infiltrator,and i kill some BR100s noobs. But i still need to know how to clean rooms,like most of pro BR100s.

But lets center on the thread. The default shields paired with the additional shields of HA must endure more. Or maybe players have INCREDIBLE aim,to aim at head every time. Maybe when i learn to do the same,i start to not put those threads. But at the moment i feel like paper with this class. So please,tell me other HAs,u feel like me???? Or im the only one that occurs this???? Because HA its made to go in the front,but continue die its tired.
  2. Iridar51

[IMG]

Practice makes perfect. It may take you a couple of years, and even then you might never reach the level of those BR100 heavies clearing rooms solo, and it's not shameful. Not everyone can dedicate so much time just playing a game.
    • Up x 7
  3. Ximaster

Well,u make sarcasms about my skills and now u try to be a good teacher. Please,make me a favour and dont reply to my threads or posts.
    • Up x 1
  4. anaxim

I dont agree 100% with the post of Iridar either, there is no skill too a "heavy that clears a room" full of new players.If the room has at least 1 player that is not new then there is no way the heavy will clear the room.
    Only macro A-D-A-D heavies can kill more than 1-2 good players.

Iridar maybe wanted to say that heavy is balanced.And it is.Heavy is not overpowered in any way because he is fighting classes that appear from behind or land from the sky etc
    But he is not underpowered too.You just have to use the shield as "some extra health".If your position is not good or if someone shoots you in the head shield wont do much difference.Also there are classes that have much better weapons than heavies and that is a disadvantage too.Heavies become slow when they use shields, that means that in many cases(vs more than 1 enemies) they have to go for headshots too, to win the fight.Its a difficult class if you want to be good at it.
    But if for example you go (a fair) 1vs1 and you are heavy vs some other class it is certain that you are going to win(if the other guy doesnt do a few headshots),which of course it doesn't mean that he is overpowered it just means that the guy with the other class doesn't know what classes are.

So yes the majority of the other people go for your head and also there is no way that you can survive when you have more than 1 people fighting against you while you are not in (some)cover.Even heavy have to play like all other classes when they are out of cover.
  5. SupaFlea

if your complete previous experience is as a Cloaker then you not accustomed to the firey hell of front-line combat. Its not just you its also the same for people coming from normal shooters like COD and BF. A lot of my friends i've tried to get in to PS have said it seems crazy getting killed to quickly and from no where etc, There not used to the distant engagement range,

Don't take Irids post to personal, We are front-line LA's so basically imagine HA with the panic shield lol, That's why for us going LA feels like GodMode....more bullets more health.

Not much we can suggest as PS2 is a learn die learn kinda game, In my case if I like the feel of a weapon or style even though i die a lot I'll die A LOT until i get good with it. You kinda have a few choices, stick at it with HA learn what isn't working for you and adapt/tweak it. Try LA suffer the long harshness of Trial by Death and find HA to relatively easy in comparison or even though I hate them, SMG Infil, lil of both
  6. ThePyroRussian

If your dieing to fast its only one of three things your reaction time, your aim, or your positioning. I can't tell which as i would need to watch your gameplay but also a good way to practice is to go to the battles that the guys with Godsaws, Betelgueuse, and Butchers aren't. Those guys are minmaxing like crazy to out preform you.
  7. Ximaster

Ill stick with the HA,but for example,last game ive played,there is an engineer in front of me,its 1 versus 1. I can put shields on for the sure win,but i dont put shields on for know about experiment. The engineer have the default NC AR, that is dunno Mercenary, and i have the T7 Mini Chain Gun. The two shoots at same time and two shoots right,no head shots. Well,i die early than the engineer,and he have 1/4 of life left. So the thing of this was that HAs have less default shields. Maybe he have nano armor and thats the cause of the loose. But still i have a better weapon. He was BR9. So dunno what happened. And thats the cause of this thread,HAs are supposedly to have more endurance,and that is not true. They have same or less endurance than other clases,except Infiltrators. And i mean without put shields on.

So i think that HAs have 3/4 of endurance than the other clases,and with shields adds 1/2 endurance. Maybe if the HAs have better or same endurance without shields,this class was OP. And if shields adds to this endurance,more endurance,its double OP. I think that PS2 creators made this class with less endurance for obligate to put shields on. If the contrary,there is going to be a lot of HAs.

But this is suppositions. Maybe i need to improve my skills and later i find this class better. For now,we are obligated to put shields on for not die.
  8. Ximaster

Some times its on different moments of the 3 things. I have the aim to low movement,my reaction time sometimes i need to improve,but i start to be better,and my positioning some times i do suicidal attacks,without take care of the holy proximity mines/bouncing bettyes.
  9. England3942

It's really quite simple: you're just not good at playing heavy assault at the moment. The HA can be one of the most effective classes, but only if you apply it correctly. I can certainly say that more skilled HA players will almost always aim for the head, and by doing this will be able to outmatch a T9-Carv with a slower DPS weapon. When you couple this with the DPS of the Betelgeuse, you end up with a killing machine, capable of destroying multiple enemies in one life.
  10. SupaFlea

everyone has same amount of shields and health, HA have an extra shield and full nano lets survive a further 2 shots once maxed out.

1 thing to note with the MCG is going for the head is pointless, the HS crit dmg is something like x1.25 instead of 1.75.(someone do the stat check for me please)

its better to aim for centre mass rather than miss the smaller target of the head more. That said MCG isnt the best weapon even in point blank range, its niche nostalgia weapon us PS1 guys. Since im not HA primary perhaps somewhere can suggest a good alternative MSW maybe, How good can you handle recoil etc?
  11. SupaFlea

Also even in CQC fights latency is going to effect you. Ive been having a lot of questionable deaths lately myself, hitting some HA's in the head 8-9 times with my carbine and 3-4 to the head followed by 14-15 to the chest only to get owened.
  12. Iridar51

Make everyone a favor and don't make balance suggestions until you git gud.
  13. Pixues

Nobody has the skill to just 'clear-a-room'. Meaning, its not something they pull of with a 90-100% success rate.
    You might have seen videos where someone has been successful. Videos create a biased view for those viewing it.
    For every one success, they probably failed to do it....a lot of times.

Ofcourse you can keep being better at it.
    It think you need to utilize a lot of 'peak-a-boo' mechanics.
    Peak out, shoot, go back for cover, peak and shoot, cover, heal, peak etc etc.

Everyone will die with long exposure times. Everyone.
  14. Gutseen

Git GUD or get REKT, infl born scrub.

ur KD is lower than 3.0 so ur opinion is invalid
  15. NCstandsforNukaCola

I'll take this image, it looks cool
    • Up x 1
  16. Ximaster

The thing was that maybe im the only target in battlefield. Maybe seems a joke,but im inside a tower,infintrator hunter shoot me, im running to the captured base C,a tank from 200 metters shoot me,i go to enter a sundie,plane shoot me,in a middle of zerg (well,that its normal maybe) there are multiple targets around (and its true,between medics,infiltrators and engies repairing MAXes) and the enemy hunter infiltrator,suppossed to kill a medic before other class,priorize the target on me. Maybe im the portable of hate around me,sounds joke but its true o_O
  17. Eternaloptimist

Hi Ximaster. A few constructive (I hope) suggestions:

The chain gun isn't so good for close quarters fighting as the LMGs like MSW-R, or the all rounders like T16 Rhino and T32 Bull for more medium range as well as closer. It sprays bullets in quite a wide area around your target by comparison to an LMG. In other words your opponent is probably landing more hits on you than you are on him. And the chain gun needs to spin up to speed before it becomes a bullet hose.

What shield do you use? And is it fully certed? For example, you know that Resist Shield does not stack with nanoweave right? high cert NMG with full nanoweave is probably best for starting out as HA.

Do you always aim down sights? hip fire is pretty bad for accuracy and so is using long bursts.......tap out a few shots at a time to avoid recoil throwing your aim off target........and move around a lot. Everybody loves a non moving target

I try to throw a grenade into a room before charging in and (not always possible) to take a moment to check there are no mines beside the doorway.

Bear in mind that players with some experience will know the obvious ways to approach a defended area and will be waiting for you to use them.

A final thought..........how good is your computer and your internet speed? the so called client side hit detection can mean that someone with a better rig or a faster connection could have shot you full of holes before your screen even tells you you are dead.

You will still die a lot (we all do) but with practice you should eventually start to even up the score. It took me longer than I thought it would and I'm still not a high skill player.
  18. Corezer

1) if you saw him shoot at the same time as you, he shot first, the nature of lag

2) MCG needs to spin up to it's full fire rate, which means your weapon is objectively worse for these "duel" scenarios

3) Turn on your shield, no sense in taking chances.

Other than that, there is no reason you should have lost outside of any aim or such (it can be hard to tell with MCG cause you will be getting hits rapidly but still have the occasional stray bullet here and there.

I love MCG on my heavy, it's like being a max in a way...
    • Up x 1
  19. Ximaster

I use the the resist shield at maximum,with advanced shield capacitor. My computer is a i3 dual core,with 4GB of RAM and Intel HD Graphics,i can run the game with all in minimals. Oh and internet connection was 100 MB.
  20. Eternaloptimist

OK, I'm not an expert on computers but it sounds like you could use one that is a bit better. When I bought mine recently I asked for a computer suitable for fps games and I got advised to have an i5 with 8GB RAM (best I could afford). Your internet speed sounds OK. Have you checked your frame rate? just type /fps into chat. I forget if you mentioned it above, but if you are getting less than 45 fps (preferably more - 60 fps would be good) you could be suffering a disadvantage.

I know most people can't just change their computer when they want but all I'm saying is that there is probably not much wrong with your play style if the rig is letting you down.

But I would suggest you try Nanite Mesh Generator and Nanoweave rather than Resist and ASC. See how you like it. If you run with Resist shield it has to be on before you start taking fire and you can't always predict when the bullets ill start flying in your direction