HA shield will finally get balance and HA abusers are already at it calling Unecessary nerf lol

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stew360

HA shield on infantry combat is Hand down a Win button in most situation , no matter how hard peoples try because they are kinda bad at this game and rely on HA to do any good or average , the HA classes is not suposed to be the best classes at anything , the problems isnt just 1 HA versus 1 anything , the problems rely on numbers and TTK , HA with the current shield mechanics especially while in numbers or HA zergs become way to efficient to play like no brainers required much less skills and simply ruins the balance of the game ,

HA can do anything at this game and can have AR like weapons , LMG like weapons , SMG and shotguns and also have decimator etc.. to deal with maxs , acess to C4 , frag and concussion , and so on and on ...

The shield itself need to be look into and peoples as to suport that as a balance effort , peoples always think about themself and not about the game as a whole , the point of a HA should not rely on been able to have a Shield only , but mostly should rely on been a anti maxs and anti vehicules suports as well as supressing fire unit and overall sustain fire troops ....

Peoples dont take HA most of the time for the reason they should , most peoples take HA simply to have a much more easy survivability , and to farm regular infantry players whiout even care about playing their suport roles ;)

SOE is going in the right direction , ZOE was straight up OP anyones who denied that is liar or fool ... they have adjusted ZOE to make it that you have a very little cooldown on it and no ones use it now just because its not straight up OP lol , its a little more situational

So far iam happy that SOE finally adress this issue and in my opinion it should have been done back in the beta , but at least they will adress it now for the good of this game ....

Iam tired of seeing peoples trying to defend their toys whiout thinking about the whole gameplay and ttk in all this ...
    • Up x 2
  2. Tommyp2006

go to bed Stew.
    • Up x 8
  3. MurderBunneh

When Stew is happy the game will be dead. NOTHINGLEFTTONERFFORSTEWSIDE2 will be the new name.
    • Up x 2
  4. Stew360

You mean having a perfectly balance game ;) this game will be great , less frustration due to stupid mechanics or game design choice and more skills and fairness envolved , is that suposed to kill a game ?

If yes then choose any broken game where choice are meaningless since you have a single best choice so everyones end up with all the same broken loadout , wow how cool is that ? should we call that game NOTHINGLEFT.TO.USE.BUT.BROKEN.AND.UNBALANCED.STUFF.TO.BE.COMPETITIVE
    • Up x 1
  5. HellionX

http://2.bp.************/-4e07yemQnAA/T07jDscGqGI/AAAAAAAABmM/Ed-mcfie7M4/s400/boil+em+mash+em+stick+em+in+a+stew.jpg

This
    • Up x 1
  6. Meliorist

Sounds like a good state of balance![/sarcasm]
    • Up x 1
  7. Liberty

I really feel sorry for game devs who create a team up system that can and does work, but then are forced to pander to players like this who don't understand it.

Stew, you are the guy on an MMORPG forums crying that his healer can't out DPS a mage, or their mage can't out tank a tank.

While this game doesn't play like a trinity style game (tank/mage/heals) it is similar in the sense that you pull assault or support.

Support is not intended to go head to head with assault but each is provided with the tools to do so at the cost of some actual mental input.

Light Assault (which falls under support despite the name) has jetpacks, to ensure that they can and should engage heavies from superior positioning. Considering the TTK in this game, the over shield will *not* let you counter anyone decently competent when you have positioning (and most likely) initiative.

Engineers have this amazing AI turret that makes them straight up tankier than heavies at the cost of mobility and being relegated to defense. But you can also deploy the turret as a means of partial cover if you are advancing (for some reason without heavies, which again is your own fault)

Infiltrators have cloak to give them a great chance of getting initiative on a heavy. And again with the TTK in this game, between latency and human reaction times, the over shield won't save you from a competent opponent. (I'm sure there have plenty of times we have all died to infiltrators before they even fully uncloaked) Also, recon darts which only further assists the player with gaining initiative.

Medic is the worst in terms of countering a heavy, by using their AOE heal as a damage buffer. More than that, they can self sustain their HP without having to lower their weapon. But all that aside they also are probably the most powerful in terms of squad make up with their ability to Heal and Revive a squad with no limits on personal resources.

And if the gap between the classes was too large, the devs took it a step further making LMG's generally more difficult to control, worse hipfire and kept them firmly outside of the top tiers of dishing out damage. (e.g. 845 RPM @143 dmg)

The sad part is, I should be explaining this to BR10's who are trying to figure out the game, not BR 100's.

The biggest issue with the "Heavy OP" crowd is players not willing to accept a tradeoff for the utility other classes provide. They refuse to accept any personal responsibility for their class choices and adapt their playstyle to role they choose.

Light Assaults say a big "FU" to the battle flow of almost every base, any veteran FPS player will understand the incredible value this ability provides.

Engineers have (and give everyone else) infinite ammo. Again, how do you even begin to put a balancing price on that.

Medics can revive any number of players indefinitely. Having an unlimited revive machine on the front lines of a fight basically removes most of the penalties of death in a game focused around pushing objectives.

Or what about a spammable wall hack for your entire squad?

Any decently intelligent player would see the above benefits and realize that if anything the devs were more than generous to support classes with their HP pool and firepower.
    • Up x 20
  8. Bankrotas

Not really. Appealing to one person won't really help the majority, but ignoring input from personal statements also won't help. Let's say, your view on how game should be isn't neccesserally the correct one.

And people cried about other OP things nerfed. Thing is, currently they kinda have a right, cause SOE has quite long record of overnerfing stuff.
  9. gigastar

Dont see the problem. Using the overshield in combat as a win button is unreliable due to lag. And even if it did work i wouldnt have the health left for another firefight.

However i could get behind the idea of the HA shields have an uptime delay, if they could take more than 3 bullets from most weapons.
  10. VengeanceD

I'm in total disagreement and against the Heavy Assault Shield nerf. I'm a dedicated Heavy Assault player so of course anyone would think I'm against it just because of that, but is the part of the game I enjoy just like any other dedicated pilot, tanker and whatnot.

The problem is that the Heavy Assault Shield has been out since the game fist came out. Why would SOE let this slide for such a long period of time and then all of a sudden nerf it to the ground? We're not talking about the Harraser that came out not long ago and later got nerfed. We're not talking here about the Striker. We're talking about something that has been around for the longest of the longest time and is about to get nerfed, that's not right.

I'm really disappointed in the direction SOE is going. I understand Planetside 2 is still in 'beta' but like I've said before, if SOE insists in "fixing" the Heavy Assault class, go ahead and "fix" it but remember there are so many other ways to do so and maybe adding a ramp up time or delay is not one of them. So I would tell SOE to reconsider their other nerfing options.
    • Up x 4
  11. VengeanceD

Holy sht, you couldn't have said it better. Wow!
    • Up x 1
  12. Bape

I don't think HA shield need a nerf but I do think it a easy mode class all u gotta do is press F and you will win. But what libery said each class has it special uniqueness to them that make all classes balanced.
  13. MKEYCKOR

It's a symptom of ****** infantry players who can't/refuse to head shot. Let's just make all infantry into maxes with the individual class abilities. Max with a med tool, max with engineer tool, maxes with jetpacks, cloaked maxes. That way, everyone can stomp around like a ******* brain dead dip**** without fear of anyone ever out playing them or being better at the game. Sadly, that's the direction this game is going.
    • Up x 4
  14. Sarcasmo

There are plenty of Non-drastic ways to nerf things I personally dont have a problem with HA's even with their dinky little shieldboost because either way I am going to usually reload my weapon after an encounter with most soldiers. Just for the sake of having a full clip and not having to worry about running out of ammo mid fight, despite this I still find myself switching to my beamer for precision shooting at long range when I am playing HA, or engie especially. People diss the beamer for how weak it is, but damn if it isnt a nasty little headshot machine.

If any of you play DOTA2, I think the HA shield should work like the Armlet of Mordiggian. Toggles on and off instantly, but over the course of .75 to 1 second, it rolls out the entirety of the boost THEN starts draining the shield power passively. This way, someone reacting to the HA can still do damage to them if it is higher than the overshield value at the time they fire, while the shield still mitigates a portion of the damage as it would normally. This isnt to say it would react this way if it was fully charged when the HA is shot and hit by whatever weapon. If the shield is fully activated then it works as it does now. Also the passive drain does not begin until the shield has been fully activated.
  15. Alarox

It is silly to have a ramp up time on the HA shields when you're already dealing with a 200ms+ delay due to latency on both sides. Plus, the shields drain rapidly over time and slow your movement speed which is why people use them reactively.
    • Up x 6
  16. Crayv

Nerfing HA is going to end up having casting more than a ripple when it comes to class balance. For what is suppose to be the "point man" class they are rather ill equiped for it and only barely nudge out medics for best straight up infantry combat due and that is solely due to the over shield. So while HAs might be used outdoors where vehicles are an issue and LMGs are still good at range, indoors in things like Biolabs they are going to start to be a rare sight. This means we are going to end up having masses of medics reviving each other and fewer HAs to deal with MAXs.

We are going to run the risk of having zombie stalemates until a couple of people pull MAXes to break the lines. MAXes will run around mostly unopposed until the other side decides to also pull MAXes or switch to HAs, rather than having HAs already at the fight.

A few months after the HA nerf expect a medic nerf and a few months after that: a MAX nerf and then a few months after that: a LA/engie nerf, and then a few months after that: an infil nerf. Repeat that until we are back to where we are now but all the class are a bit weaker.
    • Up x 7
  17. Stew360

Remember how much time they took to change the ZOE after implementation ? lol Dont tell me ZOE wasnt broken over anything you could imagine ... especially agains infantry

They dont need to nerf it to the ground , but they need to tone down its efficiency because otherwise it would have to be a Compleate overhaul of the entire class and weapons range they have acess to ...

I have play HA enough to know whats up with this particular class , and i can say that I use it as Anti vehicules and anti maxs most of the time i use it , but one thing is sure , HA is way to use across the board , way to many peoples use it to have a farming edge over others and forget what this class was suposed to be all about ... is a heavy suport class

But as it is its the prime class use in any situation at any given time , its not rare to see entire platoons of Heavys and its problematic , the problem with HA shield remain in raw ttk and '' win button '' enconter , HA shield as to be use differently

They have decide to change it because stats and data proove this point as well , HA shield the way its been use is well OP , they also want to change the vanguard shield but on that particular matter its much more tricky than the HA shield since they need to do something to compensate since the vanguard whiout the shield is simply a inferior tank compare to especially the magrider but also the prowler , try 1 vang vs 1 prowler vanilla and the prowler win hand down its even more problematic with the magriders lol so on that they need to be even more carefull

HA shield need to be adress to be honest otherwise the game end up with having way to many peoples running the exact same loadout to remain competitive , I know it can hurt to have the stuff you are use to change but thats what make u a better players adjusting to the change and become a better players overalll ;)
    • Up x 1
  18. gigastar

No, the reason why youre likely to see HA's everywhere is so they can kill the other teams MAX's.

And the problem with the overshields arent that they can be used as an win button, its that they cant be used as anything else. As someone else pointed out, a proactive overshield activation leaves you moving slower and the shield drains quickly on its own, leaving you with less overshield than if you used it reactively.

As i said in my earlier post, im not against it having a more proactive use, but before we kill its utility as a reactive ability we have to make it worth using proactively.
    • Up x 3
  19. Stew360

There is NO mage and there is NO cleric , there is NO Items or skills level , or anything of that nature , if you want a MMO RPG you play Wold of warcraft and what not !

This game is about skills , aiming skills , accuracy , tactics , positioning , and 1 and formost BALANCE

BALANCE is DELICATE in a game like planetside , anything added , anything remoove anything change any milisecond delay , or recoils change can affect this game by a tons , this isnt a MMORPG and you cannot compare ps2 to it at all

Medic arent cleric , Medic in Battlefield can be compare to planetside , the difference in planetside is everything is futuristic and we have more custumisation within the classes wich make it more difficult to balance

ALL classes in this game are primarely COMBAT CLASS , the medic isnt a healer , its a COMBAT medic , primary role is to KILL secondary roles is to revive and heal , Engineer is the only class you could consider a suport class but considering a engi could play in a single man vehicules and farm kill and repair himself all day his prime roles will be to take down target as well

Same goes for every class , infiltrator as for 1rst assignement killing target 2e hack and recon ...

You truely missunderstand what this game is all about ...

Its a TRUESKILL Team based shooter game , Not a MMORPG WOW and Everquest like ....

The game as to be perfectly balanced having all classes been balanced between one or another considering the + and - of thats particular class compare to other and see in the data wich classes perform the best at their prime roles ...

Its hard to get a perfect balance but data surely proove that HA efficiency is way to high compare to anything due to shield usages the way its use atm , they want the shield to be situational and well balanced unlike what we have now ;)

Skills first , ability second
    • Up x 1
  20. JustARandomNobody

Talent devoid vehicle spammers get way too happy at any signs of infantry getting nerfed.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.