[Suggestion] HA problem

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by HORNYBOSS, Jan 5, 2015.

1. \m/SLAYER\m/

i agree that HA ha no limits in weaponry - OHK 1 infantry with RL, swap to primary and finish another few in single magazine.. and you still has sidearm!
  2. Hosp

I don't often play as infil, but using the SMG I don't have much of a problem with it. Outside of 20-25m you'll have issues certainly. But if you get the drop on em with an SMG and can't kill w/ it, you may want to take a better look at what you're doing and self-evaluate or heck, ask a buddy to help evaluate what you may be doing.
  3. I play by many names

Have you ever thought that maybe you are just a bad player and that there really isn't an HA problem?
  4. I play by many names

I did pretty good with my vandal in cqc while raxing it. Its a pretty versatile weapon, granted it takes some skill to use.
    • Up x 2
  5. Kalivix

Well if your just going to lie theres no point discussing this any further.
  6. Bobman23

Lol I'm not lying.. log in and see for yourself. It used to be completely invisible on low settings, but since they normalized the cloak across all graphics settings, that's not the case anymore. Seriously, get someone on another faction and try it out. You will see the breathing movements, and the animation when the character moves their weapon. Even if they equip a knife, you can see it. Have them turn in circles while stationary - you will see it. All you have to do is know what to look for.
    • Up x 2
  7. Waratorium

Agreed. I have seen stationary crouched cloakers and shot them before. They are difficult to spot but they can be seen. There are many threads complaining about the fact that you can still be seen in deep cloak.
  8. I play by many names

I dont know if I should :p

or

:rolleyes:
  9. LordDethir

If that is a fib I'll laugh so much. Watch this video.

And cloak is even easier to see now.
  10. LordDethir

Might as well add this https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/killing-infiltrators.123482/

11. mer1c

Well, the shear amount of heavies in this game is simply annoying and it's driving players away from the game!

It might not be a problem for players who main heavy but it is for all the other classes.

I tried to get a few friends of mine to try out PS and they quit after a few days because they were constantly being ***** by a heavy without standing a chance. The only one who had a bit of fun was the one who played heavy himself...

It's a problem that needs to be fixed!
    • Up x 2
  12. Kalivix

<sigh> theres tons of problems,

air completely dominating the game and being unkillable by anything but other air

Snipers 1 shotting you from miles away

Inf stealthers ALL OVER!! (seriously at this point I've just decided to assume there is always a inf stealthed right behind me every second)

Redeploying around the map in seconds countering any and all tactics making zerg king.

Most fights being decided entirely decided by numbers to the point that skill and tactics mean nothing.

Spawn camping

Theres probably other issues but ye.. theres lots of huge problems and everybody always denies the problem they exploit is a problem and say its another thing. Look at this thread, people complaining that heavies living 0.5s longer is destroying the game, meanwhile as they whine about this they are probably bombing people from orbit with a lib or 1 shotting people from 300m away
  13. CuteBeaver

To shed some insight we have seen an influx of newer infils and of course some are other classes switching with their favorite pistol to do some new knife play. New infils don't actually start out with a scout rifle (like they probably should). Making the only viable CQC weapon in their tiny loadout a pistol knife on stalker. Motion spotter placed in a good spot is very nice cert gain for them. Otherwise they have to snipe from afar to earn their keep.
  14. Maxor

Infils are one of the few classes designed against HA (other being LA). They are intended to be able to take down HAs using either long range tactics or stealth to close gaps and get the jump on them.

Tips for any infil:

-Try and be stealthed as much as possible. It is your class ability and is what makes you special use at all times.
    -Think like a predator, your prey can't see you 80% of the time. Watch him, study him, guestimate his loadout and when hes least aware STRIKE!
    -Patience, you can't be seen most times. You can afford to waste a few extra seconds to get the kill just right.
    -Sometimes stealth works against you. Heavies develop quick reflexes to sounds such as cloak/decloak. If they even think they hear it they'll go hunting for you! DO NOT BECOME THE PREY!
    -Sensors are your friend, but can be your enemy. Only in rare occasions should you ever leave a sensor dart on or right near your location. HAs (and any other class) look for enemy sensors.
    -ALWAYS have a fallback plan like either allies or AP mines.

Tips for SMG Infil:

-Running through mobs of enemies close together can work. Its dangerous but only people who are expecting Infils (like me, dedicated HA) will fully notice your presence. RISK/REWARD!
    -Never give up. SMG Infil is one of the hardest things to truly master, only thing that's harder for Infil is Stalker cloak without ever being detected with no sensor shield or sniping past 400m on a moving target with only headshots.
    -Use the adrenaline armor to move around faster.
    -Don't cloak/decloak constantly, it gives you away.
    -Don't miss. Even when shooting an SMG at 5m away from a target, if they aren't expecting you then they may make a random movement right as you fire causing you to miss and giving up your only advantage, surprise.
    -If you do miss, aim for the head otherwise RUN, JUST ******* RUN!
    -Pick your targets. You accidentally run into a room with an infil, medic and a HA what do you do? Headshot the medic, so he can't res. Kill the infil so they can't detect you. Run away and come back to flank the HA.