H-V45 Advice Please

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Pugpu, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Unknown Kadath

I tried the H-V45 due to the hype it got on the forums. I kept using because it lived up to that hype. It's absolutely excellent for close-mid range, which is great for almost any base capture. Towers and Bio Labs I sometimes use shotgun instead and at mid-long range I'll switch to the NS-11A. But seriously, I used to be satisfied with my default rifle, but H-V45 blew me away.
  2. Zapon

seems the jury's out on the H-V45 vs the NS 11

but then again, i'm guessing that if you're just in your average fight, they both do decent in them. Although im guessing all the shotguns and the SMG both probably outdo the H-V45 in super close quarters (with the range tradeoff) and might be good enough to be chosen over the H-V45 in biolab fights, if no where else(wouldnt know, i dont have the shotties or SMGs yet*)- and i'm figuring nothing tops the NS-11 for our medic, in a ranged fight

*and of these two, aren't there situations where the SMG is better than the shotgun? Or no?

I plan to get the HV45 soon- just got the ns 11
  3. MrK

I don't think SMG is that better in super CQC range. Shotgun, sure. But SMG vs Hydra is a close call at any CQC, and Hydra murders SMGs at further ranges
    • Up x 1
  4. Hagestol

Imo the Hydra is one of the best guns the VS have. Single shot it can still get some mid/long range kills off, but it absolutely kills in close-cqc with proper attachments.
  5. asteldian

I wouldn't even consider it a contest between smg and hydra. I use smg on infiltrator because its the best available but that's why I often go CM in CQC because the hydra is far better. With the smg you win if you catch someone unawares but in a proper fight the hydra blows it away
  6. TeknoBug

Yes get the H-V45, it's a great self defense gun for when you're up in the front lines healing friendlies. Also consider the Corvus one day for mid-long range fights, I think those two are good weapons for VS medic.
  7. Ganjis

HV45, Pulsar C(arbine) as well as a couple of weapons I have no experience of are in a bundle this week. The HV and P C are both great weapons. No idea about the others.
  8. tugernut

the hv45 or xm9 from beta ( why they changed the name i have no idea ) is by far my favorite vanu weapon to use - i wish it could equipt it on La and Engi or even infiltrator- as i rarely play medic anymore

i do like the smg but would still pick the hv45 over it b/c of damage/ high rate of fire combo.

if you can id highly suggest this setup
    hv45 for inside - i like the NV scope
    ns-11 outside - 3.4

both these loadouts and i use adv sheild regen on medic make me a killing machine
    a lot of people overlook adv sheilds and use flak or nano - try it though its saved my *** more times then could count. heal yourself n sheilds come back in seconds.
  9. Evil Monkey

I fell in love with the HV playing in VR room.

It turned out to be even better in-game.

With Adv. Laser, has the hipfire of a SMG and the accuracy of an assault rifle. A high rate of fire means you can swiftly take out enemies, and it performs well at medium range as well. No need for foregrip - recoil is quite pleasant.

You have a fighting chance against shotgun users, can duel with HAs head-on, and rule supreme in the 15-30m range bracket, in addition to being capable at longer ranges (many CQC trade off with poor long range performance).

It has a good reputation, because it is a good gun. I'd say it is comfortably better than its 250-cert rivals the GD-22/TRV, and also outpoints the 1000 cert TAR/Carnage.