Guys i want some cqc guns which one do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TheShooter36, Sep 2, 2014.

1. TheShooter36

im a NC and engaging lots of cqc fight but i dont have good aim nor bad. I tried gd7 but im trashing its mag in every firefight.
    i have 160 kill with merc and another 160 with mauler
  2. DatVanuMan

Well, the fully-automatic shotguns might suit your fancy if you don't have such good aim but can still aim. If you have the certs, you should try, and if you like it, buy it:)
  3. TheShooter36

im good at shotguns and i planning buy gd 66 ( i have crazy killstreaks include max kills with this baby w/o c4) so im looking for carbines/smgs
  4. DatVanuMan

Pump-actions, I see? Ah, so you know how to use shotguns. Well, a carbine or SMG...
    The Cyclone for SMG, and the Gauss Compact S for carbine. If you're in to damage, I'd also suggest the 200 damage model gun for carbine.
    • Up x 2
  5. Redwave

If you are looking at another CQC carbine other than the GD-7F then I would recommend the AF-4A Bandit with higher damage, more controllable recoil and slower RoF which means you won't be trashing it's mag that bad.
    If you are looking for an SMG then I would suggest the AF-4 Cyclone, tremendous SMG you'll need to try it
  6. TheShooter36

i tried all of the smgs and i have exactly equal 30min kd(0.6) and im looking for carbines smgs for inf IMO
    af-4a bandit handle similar to cyclone right?
  7. TheShooter36

ac x11 huh? if its not 24 in mag its my thing but it have 5HK ill give a try
  8. Plague Rat

I've quickly fell in love the with AF-4A Bandit. I wasn't much of a fan of the GD-7F so the bandit quickly became my go-to after its release. I'm mostly an ADSshooter so the .75x movement is awesome for me.

Pretty much think of it like the mercenary with a faster RoFand better hip fire stats, but loses some punch at range. I honestly don't notice it much.
  9. DatVanuMan

Yeah, the AC-X! Thanks for reminding me:) Well, TON of damage, plenty of controllability and a good reload speed to go along with it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Iridar51

It's 5HK only within 10m against targets without nanoweave, which is unrealistic. Don't count on anything less than 6 HK.

Well NC have only two CQC carbines, and if you didn't like the one, naturally the advice is to try out another. Bandit handles similar to a Mercenary, but has a bit more recoil overall. Upsides are better hip fire, further improved by ALS and 75% ADS, and SPA.
    Up to 22m, Bandit is a clear winner. At 22m both weapons do the same bullet damage, and at 35m Mercenary starts winning in TTK as well. But as long as you stick to CQC, you'll be fine.
  11. cruczi

dasanfall says your accuracy with AF-19 Mercenary is 12%. The grade is F- which is equivalent to bottom 2.5% of all players on whom sufficient data is available with that particular weapon. You say your aim is neither good or bad, and that's fine as an opinion, but when compared to other players - this being a PvP game and all - your aim is much worse than average, or bad, to put it bluntly.

The GD-7F is a weapon that requires high level aim to get any sort of results with. This is due to the combination of a quickly depleting magazine, erratic recoil and long reload time. It's not surprising you're ready to discard it.

You'll want a weapon with as easy handling as possible, and you'll also want to have as much damage per magazine as possible so that you don't run out of ammunition while fighting. Let's look at your options:

Carbines. The only CQC oriented carbines are the Bandit and GD-7F (although any carbine will have pretty decent hipfire accuracy). Both are not the easiest to handle and penalize bad aim with long reload times. It's also evident your success with the Merc has been so limited that the same would most likely apply to any NC carbine. NC carbines have at most 5010 damage per magazine which requires more than 20% accuracy to reliably get the kill on a 1000 hp opponent, assuming he doesn't kill you first.

Shotguns. With vastly more damage per mag (especially with extended mags equipped) and pellet spread that doesn't require pinpoint accuracy to hit something, these things seem to be made for you. Your accuracy with the Mauler is a D* which is slightly better, and indicates you get better results with shotguns than carbines. However, shotguns are limited in use and sooner or later, you'll find yourself wanting to be able to fight at mid range as well.

SMG's. The advantage SMG's have over carbines is mobility. You can keep up accurate hip fire up to 10-20 meters depending on laser sight and length of bursts, and this allows you to move at maximum speed instead the slower speed that ADS'ing restricts you to. Mobility might be a good way to offset aiming ability - if you can't hit for crap, make sure the enemy can't either. In addition, SMG's have greater damage per magazine than carbines: Blitz has 6250 while Cyclone has 5845 with extended mags equipped (along with a very fast reload speed). Blitz requires at least 16% accuracy versus a 1000 hp opponent to get the kill within one magazine.

My recommendations:
    (1) Keep using the Mauler whenever you're not bothered by not being able to fight effectively at mid range, it is the most user friendly of the shotguns, no need to pay for a full auto.
    (2) If you want to use an automatic weapon and slightly extend your range, try Cyclone with ext. mags and work on your dodging while hipfiring.
    (3) I could bet quite a large sum of money that your mouse sensitivity is so fast that it's hurting your aim. Try to measure how much mouse movement it takes to move 360 degrees with your character. For controllable aim, I recommend at least 15 centimeters of mouse movement per 360 degree turn, preferably 20-30 cm. If you end up changing your sensitivity as I recommend, keep in mind that it will take some time to get used to. Being used to fast sensitivity means scaling it down will make it feel slow, but over time you'll get accustomed to it, it will feel normal and you'll get better results with it.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheShooter36

i said earlier posts i will buy gd 66 and sometimes i able kill a max (6HK w/o KA) i tried it more than once and i assume my accuary is nearly % 45 (i cant see it the game track kills for trialed weapons but dont track other stats) so im looking for a carbine. I was have heavy Mouse sensitivitiy problems(recently i found some good im using a 3000 dpi Mouse(A4-X7 s 5th profile) and put sens to 0.2 in game) my af19 accuary suffered from this. Now im better with merc. i nearly always hipfiring to 30m and using 3.4x scopes for longer range fight.
  13. cruczi

Contrary to what you might think due to marketing, high DPI does not improve your aim. Outside of your personal mouse sensitivity settings, what matters is (1) how comfortable the mouse is to grip, move, reposition and (2) the quality of the sensor (i.e. no hitching, loss of tracking, no excess inherent acceleration). DPI doesn't even come into play unless it's ridiculously low, like below 400.

For reference, I use a 1150 DPI mouse with in-game sensitivity of 0.08. This translates to roughly 25-30 centimeters per 360 degree turn. With your DPI of 3000 and sensitivity 0.2, your sensitivity is far too high. By my calculation, you're using about 4-5 centimeters per 360 degree turn, this is extremely ridiculously fast and handicaps your aiming in a huge way. Unless you halve your DPI and halve your in-game sensitivity, you'll never learn to aim properly - human muscle control just isn't physically precise enough, trust me on this. I've played online shooters for a long time and get about 30% accuracy with infantry weapons in PS2.

You shouldn't be hipfiring a carbine up to 30 meters, hipfire accuracy with carbines suits them to about 5-10 meters in bursts. Beyond that, always ADS. If you get the drop on an opponent, always ADS no matter the range. I would recommend against using zoom scopes as they limit your performance when ADS'ing in close quarters - stick to the reflex sights.
  14. lilleAllan

The Bandit is terrible IMO.

Consider getting the Blitz. Same firerate as the GD-7F, 50 round mag, insane hipfire with advanced laser.
    • Up x 1
  15. LibertyRevolution

You are NC and you want a CQC weapon?
    AF-4 Cyclone SMG.
    AF-57 Piston Automatic Shotgun.

Dual hacksaw maxes are also really good for CQC. ;)
  16. TheShooter36

Now im good enough to kill 3-4 guys with one life with that sens(using merc with 3.4 scope). some of them are BR100 s. In TF2 im using this with TF2 s default sensivity and able to do 9-10 kills (rarely 12-14) in one life(using heavy but i can do 6-8 kills with pyro)
    i have %30 accuary with most shotguns
  17. TheShooter36

i forgot to say im not using a Mouse pad for my Mouse just playing on a wooden desk
  18. TheShooter36

While im hipfiring to 30m this is happen rare. my engagements ALWAYS in 10-15m even in open-ish fields(im breaking enemy LOS alot using terrain so i can close to them)
  19. cruczi

Firstly - if you really are getting 3-4 killstreaks consistently with your current setup, then that means you could be even better if you lowered your sensitivity.
    Secondly - I checked your recent killboard spanning Aug 28 to Sep 1, your K/D is definitely not 3:1, more like 1:3.

You should definitely get a mouse pad. I recommend getting a large one if your desk space allows. A thick cloth pad is a good starting point. Steelseries QcK Heavy is pretty nice.
  20. cruczi

That's definitely ADS range for carbines. It's ADS range even for SMG's unless you don't have time to ADS or want to be able to dodge at full speed.