[GUIDE] Mastering PS2: Secrets of the Pros

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNinja, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Takoita

It is especially hilarious to interrupt the redeploy timer for the people inside the spawnshack via a timely thrown EMP grenade. Clears out the mines too.
  2. NovaAustralis

Hmm...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Thubanify

He's not wrong about Zerging though...

On the alert on Connery that just ended, the NC had a majority of Amerish. 5 minutes after the alert started, VS were near 60% of the population and steamrolled across the entire continent for a Dominating Victory within an hour. They must have been bored.
  4. Adept

Excellent! Can't wait to abuse qaiming!
  5. Kunavi

Greasy Fingers : Blehhh!! :S I usually just have some coffee, MAYBE a slice of bread with olive oil, occasionally a cup of hot chocolate.

Infiltrators : You realize you're actually saying it takes strategy AND skill to play them right? No worries though, soon they'll be worth next to nothing. Cloaking Infantry versions of ranged Radar Flash. While it sounds TactiCool, I assure you that on its own is the sequel to Boring.

Bio-Labs : Can't agree, I'm having fun there. I get at least 3-4 Kills per Death and I'm not even using any Pro Tactics ;P I just run out and spray Spawn Room campers, or flank them(There are certain routes if you know them) and massacre them while they wonder how that happened, still facing the way they THINK people will absolutely come in through. Bio-Labs are like UnReal Tournament for me. Of course, until ZOE where they play with InstaGib on and to them, it must be like I'm playing Rogue Spear. Sure I step on 89742984732 AI Mines, get C4'd left and right, but my KD manages to go up by a lot. Make what you will of it. I admit I don't give idiots standing in front of the Spawn Room Shields any quarter either- But I DO step out as often as I can. Bio-Labs fun! Don't dish Bio-Labs! AUUURG!

Exploits : Sorry, I REFUSE to use C4, AI Mines, UBGL, ZOE(I can't, that), Fractures(Only once every now and then) and all the other crap which high KD Pros exploit. That's how I view them. I do run Vulcan often, IMHO it's not as cheap as people make it to be, compared with other Factions' equivalents. The Harasser IS cheap, I use it often lately, but it's getting balanced and at least I'm the one piloting- I do it to get my fix of speeding and drifting. And the occasional Road-Kills! >.<

Conclusion : You got it right. I just refuse to exploit and can't agree on what you say about Bio-Labs. And I used to main Infiltrator so I'm sensitive to insults ;P
  6. Kunavi

7. Kunavi

8. RobotNinja

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

It is sometimes possible to have decent battles at biolabs but most of the time there are at least 4 times as many attackers as there are defenders...or...conversely the defenders just a platoon of ZOEs preventing anyone from capturing it.
  9. Meeka

I thought you became a pro by wearing the MLG decals?

And it's rather funny, because most of them die way easier than people who don't.
  10. Scatterblak

I didn't read anything in the OP's post implying that the guide was a description of how to have fun. Zerging has to be the MOST BORING way to play the game. :)
  11. IPLAYTF2

the secret is to only fight at your bases getting attacked.
    • Up x 1
  12. Nerovox

13. vsae

There are more and more people playing like this exclusively. Me included. It seems a waste of effort to attack in small numbers, because the opposing force does the same and wins. On the opposite side, attacking with large numbers can be quite fun unless its the 48+ attacking force that either meets almost no resistance or meets the zerg and then its no longer fun.
  14. Earthman

There's a not-too-secret secret involved in getting ahead in PS2:

Say the word "skill" a lot on the forums regarding something you like to do (lolpodding, sniping, whatever), and say "no skill" to anything that might counter it or even be a different approach (lockons, SMG infiltrators, whatever). Do it again and again, and you might get buffs in your favor next patch rotation.

Be sure to whine about the buffs though, because that makes it even more likely for the changes to stick as you claim they didn't go far enough.