Guide For New Players?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by RainQQ, Nov 22, 2012.

1. RainQQ

New to the game, like it a lot. Also like the heavy assault class.

Am wondering if there is a comprehensive guide to the class and weapons recommendations. When I look at the menu choices for certs and for weapons, it is a ton of choices and I have no idea what's good, what's not so good, and when particular weapons should be acquired and/or used in particular situations.

I haven't even gotten to things like grenades, or C4, or any of the other stuff like "boosts" etc. It is a dizzying amount of things for the new player. Frankly, this game needs a comprehensive instruction book, because I just know I am missing a ton of stuff I can do. Unfortunately, I've looked online and haven't found much yet, probably because the game just released.
  2. Snugglebear

If you have station cash, get the Cert Boost.

For Guns I use Gauss Saw S (75 rounds wicked fast reload), get a compensator for it first (will reduce recoil), then a 2x reflex sight. Now you can effectively kill people with controlled bursts. For the Rocket Launcher get the Hawk (AA gun). It locks onto aircraft and will basically kill a crappy pilot as a fire and forget. The nice thing is, the launcher comes with a free scope and can attack ground vehicles.

I picked up nanoweave armor as well. This will increase your HP which is never a bad thing. Another thing for survivability is to not forget about using your Over Shield (default button F). Using this shield will slow your movement, but its the price we pay.

While this is not a guide by any means, it should be enough for you to play heavy with some success without dumping a ton of certs.
  3. Bogarth

I always recommend getting medkits or restoration kits because they are universal across all classes, you can't really go wrong that way.