guassaw vs godsaw

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chamks, Apr 8, 2018.

1. chamks

hello fellow players, im in love with the nc, especially their arsenal. the phoenix the saw the anchor. so i want to know if it worth it to auraxium 3 more lmg to get saw. will i use it instead of the gauss or the anchor. i watched the wrel weapon review about these guns and looked at the ps2 wiki to compare them. i was getting the impression that the guasssaw is more accurate and managable (with forward grip and compensator) than the godsaw. one thing that i will mantion is that i really dont care about their ammo/reload comperation. so can you please help me make the decision on weather i should go the road for it or no.
  2. Sazukata

Campagne will be here shortly I'm sure, but I'll give a layman's observation as someone who does not own the GODSAW (though I do have the Gauss SAW Auraxium'd, great ADS weapon).

On the surface, it looks like the directive reward is a straight upgrade at the cost of 35 rounds of mag size. AV mode, more velocity, longer max damage range, faster reload. Dunno if the recoil is any different, I'll defer that to someone more knowledgeable.
    • Up x 3
  3. chamks

apreashiate
  4. Campagne

For all intents and purposes, yes The GODSAW is worth the grind if you're a fan of the SAW. Largely just a flat upgrade, minus the magazine.

As for the recoil, comparing the two SAW side-by-side is the only way to really notice the difference in recoil. Technically I believe the SAW with grip is better, but in a live-fire situation even at range the difference is pretty negligible. Both have the same accuracy stats.

If you plan on using a SAW even after auraxing and unlocking a few more NC LMGs, I'd personally say it would be worth it.

;)
    • Up x 3
  5. Prudentia

GODSAW vs Gauss Saw with Compensator, AFG, HVA
    0.0275 less vertical recoil
    0.0225 more horizontal recoil
    4.25 to 5.4 hipfire COF (both are incredibly bad)
    equip time of 1.25seconds to 1.35s
    670m/s to 630m/s
    10 to 8m max damage range
    13000 to 20000 damage per mag (still roughly the same as the CARV)
    and over 2 seconds faster reload.
    all in all pretty much a straight upgrade except for the slightly higher horizontal recoil which is still absolute top tier.
    • Up x 2
  6. chamks

thank you guys for all replys
  7. Zak Preston

this is what I was talking about: most weapon deiscussions here and on reddit revolve around LMG (for heavies mostly).
  8. blackboemmel

The ANCHOR is the best NC LMG in most infantry engagements.
    But still: I prefer to run my GODSAW Heavy. It's capability of hurting heavy armour with an LMG is a little "gamechanger".
    If you feel ok with the GAUSS SAW you definitely should go for the GODSAW.
    • Up x 1
  9. chamks

yes im ok with the gausssaw. you guys really left me no choice.. i guess i will go on to the road. but still have you something to say about godsaw horizontal shake vs the gausssaw? are you feeling a difference between them?
  10. Prudentia

it's 0.01° stronger than the Gauss Saw would have with a normal foregrip instead of an advanced one.
    • Up x 1
  11. Rydenan

I actually vastly prefer the SAW. More versatility, bigger magazine, and more uptime (more bullets reloaded per second of reload).
    The GODSAW is not bad, but it reloads far too slow for only 65 bullets, has no option to change attachments, and the AV mode is beyond useless - to the point of being a detriment, since it makes you incredibly vulnerable to enemy infantry by cutting your AI damage in half.

There's a reason I have over 10x as many kills with my SAW as with my GODSAW. It just doesn't "do it" for me.
    • Up x 1
  12. Prudentia

AV mode only cuts damage to a flat 125 btw from 200@10-167@105.
    It's biggest use is definitely against MAXes where it does 39 damage per shot compared to the normal mode with 40@10m-33@105m so the normal drops from 50 to 60 and the AV mode stays at a constant 52 shots to kill.
    • Up x 1
  13. JibbaJabba

#1 use for AV mode is against Valkyries. It melts them. I'll flip the Godsaw to AV mode before I pull out a G2A launcher against a Valk.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rydenan

In my tests, Deci Valk TTK is ~6.5s, lockon Valk TTK (with lock time) is ~16s, and AP GODSAW Valk TTK is ~18.5s.
    So GODSAW is close, but that's assuming perfect accuracy. And since you're always HA while carrying GODSAW, not much of a reason to waste half your ammo pool on a valk when you have a launcher that will kill it faster and can lock on (or a dumbfire that can kill it much faster).
  15. JibbaJabba

*sigh*. Spreadsheets and VR.

Get out in the field. The Godsaw melts the Valk.

You aren't going to hit a valk with a Deci. If the pilot is dumb enough to hover very close to still, whip it out and give it a shot for sure. Swtich back to your Godsaw fast though, he's going to start juking.

Also in the "counting on your enemy to be dumb" category is lockons. Any halfway decent pilot will break LOS frequently enough that you'll be lucky to get a lock. If you do, expect flares. Definitely do NOT expect to get a 2nd lockon fired unless it's an annihilator (2x won't put the valk on fire though).

Lockons are handy at long ranges when you are perhaps dedicated to the G2A job. When you are in an infantry fight and a valk flies overhead on you though, try the Godsaw FIRST. You can send the guy off for repairs without even reloading.
  16. Campagne

It doesn't really though. Spray it like a hose and you'll just run out of ammo. Sure it'll hurt but focus-firing with any old LMG with deal a fair bit of damage even with the supid high resistances.

What it is good for is long range, where most other AA and AV is useless.
  17. JibbaJabba

So after chastising to "get out in the field" now I gotta send you back to VR. :p

The difference between damage from normal infantry guns (including infantry mode of the Godsaw) and the AP mode on the godsaw is massive on the Valkyrie. Against flashes, harassers, ESFs it's the same as any old LMG (worse in some cases). Valks though... Melts 'em.

Back into the field: You will not run out of ammo. Including some *real world* percentages of misses you can bring down a valk partway into your second clip. You'll find in VR you can set one on fire with a single clip.

What this means in practice is that you can be in the middle of an infantry fight, pause a moment and single-handedly chase off a valk, then resume your normal business.

Killing Valks is the primary use that I've found from the Godsaw.

A distant secondary use is against armor. There is does indeed become handy at range. Dumbfires can be dodged, and a wiley driver can pop in and out of cover to avoid lockons. Ammo does become a serious consideration though. You can finish off a vehicle at range, but trying to bring it down from full health ain't gonna happen.

A quick ammo switch to finish off something burning can be faster than a rocket as well.
  18. JibbaJabba

Also just to be clear: When I'm talking about shooting valks with a godsaw, I am not talking about focus fire. It melts them as a solo user.

If you happen to be able to bring focus fire to bear it would be a luxury. Not a lot of folks have a godsaw. 3x focus fire godsaws would drop so fast a pilot could not counter it.
  19. chamks

focus fire means ads?
  20. Prudentia

Focus fire means an entire squad shooting at a single target