GU7 change that unbalances the empires

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zu2, Apr 18, 2013.

1. zu2

Normally when people cry nerf about an update change, I just shrug my shoulders because there is no objective criteria that really points in the direction of a nerf. But in this particular case in GU7, there is definitely a nerf to the TR:

Lock-on rocket launchers can no longer lock on to turrets.

Excuse me? So now the empire specific launcher that so many TR bought is USELESS for taking out turrets? While both the Vanu and the NC keep their empire specific launchers that can still do so? How is this fair? Where is the compensation for TR then? At least allow us to dumbfire the striker in compensation.
    • Up x 4
  2. TintaBux

The crying from TR over this minor change is awful, but nothing surprising .
  3. RomulusX

Agreed. This and the VS max min/max damage being the same for the ranges were the only 2 things I had any problems with. But not to derail your thread, I agree that there should be a dumbfire mode as well seeing as they have 0 effect against Maxes as well unlike the other 2 empire's launchers.
  4. Rhaeyn

So, because one specific weapon can now no longer take out one specific kind of stationary defense, all the empires are now unbalanced? I admit, I wouldn't like a change like that either, but there's still plenty of ways to take out turrets. Don't worry.
  5. Morpholine

If only everyone were issued a launcher at character creation that functioned just fine for this one specific purpose.

If only.
  6. Shinniok

hmmm... i admit im still not pretty good at using tanks or aircraft, but im sure that i got shot down with the striker WAY MORE that by any other launcher... so i think the nerf is accurate
    Which i think is not correct is the TR MAX nerf. That thing was well balanced, IMO
  7. zu2

Of course there are plenty of ways to take out turrets. But why should one empire be restricted from using their empire specific launchers for that purpose? When it wasn't restricted before?
  8. Entaro

You want dumbfire LOL
  9. daskleineviech

I would hardly call it a nerf. It's stupid, that's all. Somebody at SOE really sat down and said "let's make the launchers designed to do less damage but be more reliable (in theory) not hit a target that can't evade anything". The only thing it shows is that they have no idea how to balance anything. Nobody will lose a fight because of this. Just go back to you Sundy, grab any other launcher and blow those turrets away, they can't do anything against you anyway.

It's not a nerf, it's just a senseless loss of function. SOE being SOE, they are getting really good at trolling people.

Chances are it's because the Striker gets used more often. Everyone knew that the ESL for TR will be lock-on, so a lot of people waited for it. And it looks cool, it's still pretty useless compared to the Anni.