GU11 = SOE's Final cash grab before the support pull back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BreakingGame, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BreakingGame

Saw it coming, less and less frequent updates...road map winding down... Higby's post about only "quality of life" updates from now on...no new continent .....

I think SOE is trying to grab some cash and cut their losses.
  2. Tommyp2006

Where did higby say they werent working on new continents? Battle islands and hossin are well on their way.
    • Up x 2
  3. EvilAdolf

You wanna get ****** by a F2P? Go play Marvel Heroes. I assure you, PS2 is a legit game and I have no bad feelings about a them putting a halt to new content creation.
    • Up x 8
  4. Cab00se187

In 4 months
    • Up x 1
  5. Badname82

The only thing selling more is tinfoil apparently. Guess they make nice hats.

If it was a cash grab you would see new weapons that are just reskins getting released and more pointless decals.

If you actually play the game you would see these are significant game balance changes. Resources being meaningful for once? Over due not a last gasp.
    • Up x 7
  6. Morchai

Well, they are moving towards pay to win with these jacked up vehicle costs. Gotta sell those resource boosts!
  7. MasterTater

All a big markketing HOAX, tricking loyal and excited player into the cash shop - constantly twisting gameplay and balance around the newest pay to win cash shop item and pee-ing on every paying supportive customer by nerfing equipment across the board even when not neccessary.

No meta game, no new ingame incentives to develop the game further - no proper cosmetics to make the game appealing - no new maps - nothing ... completely uninspiring - even the meta in PS1 was better but it was not the intention to make a proper decessor of PS1 it was to make a quick bug with naive idiots which wanted to support SOE on a worthy Planetside 2.

The game already lost 75% of players _ SOE made their cash by business practises which in real business are considered pure fraud - no matter what their sheit up user agreements state.

If SOE learned anything in the past then it is actually betraying the last loyal and supportinve player and turning them from regular users into SOE hater with good reason.

AND YES - seems to be the last cash grabs before the servers get shut down or support is getting removed for only few thousand players leftz.
    • Up x 2
  8. Nocturnal7x

I do wish they would stop wasting time on the battle island BS, also the PS4 BS is no doubt taking some of the teams time. I think this is whats slowing things down.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bill Hicks

LOL are you kidding me ? EA/DICE stops development right after Beta which is the release version. EA makes all DLC before the game comes out and puts it on the disc.

I am amazed at the amount of work they do every 2 weeks! And they are getting better! I havent noticed any new bugs lately
    • Up x 10
  10. Loco

Well first off the resource change was needed. You could literally be in a max or a tank indefinitely if you didn't die too often. MAX can still be rezzed so that change should be negligible except for those times where 1 is defending something solo.

If this makes them more money from people buying resource boosts then so be it. More money = more updates. It will not make a paid player better than a free player, it will just mean if a free player does something dumb and looses 2 tanks in a row quick, he will have to wait slightly longer.

There is nothing in this game a free player can't get that a paid player has that increases combat effectiveness. Even without exp boosts, with combat alerts, medals, ribbons, 2x exp weekends, the increased passive cert gain patch, and the fact that almost everyone only uses 1 gun, 1 of each attachment (maybe 2 for scope), and 1 of each class skill section you can max out a class so fast it isn't even funny. With account wide guns and skills it is that much easier.

Honestly the only one complaining about paid players are free players that just plain suck. This patch solves lots of things and I look forward to seeing more strategic use of tanks/bombers instead of there being more armor than feet on the ground. Military is a Pyramid, with the expensive items few but powerful on top of the pyramid, and bags of meat (people) on the bottom in mass numbers. They wanted PS2 to be more infantry based, this is a good step into the right direction of balance and just plain common sense.
  11. Wezdor

There is bugs, but few and far between. They are really working hard lately.
  12. Morchai

And I still will be. But instead of doing it with one character loyally playing one faction, it will be across three different alts playing whichever faction controls enough territory at any given moment to keep me getting 100+ mechanized resources per deposit. Unfortunately, this is where the incentives take me. I don't think it's a good thing, but you are free to disagree.

4th Faction Forever!
  13. HadesR

Yup I agree .. SOE spending all E3 touting Planetside on the PS4/PC was really just a smoke screen to cover them cutting their losses :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  14. haldolium

Well tbh, none of us knows how well PS2 lives up the expectations of SOE and it could be actually the case, that it performs far below of what they wanted or even needed...
  15. Loco

This is no world of tanks. I think if you are playing this game to only play in a vehicle 99% of the time then you should play a game devoted to that. I could care less if when I destroy your TR tanks you roll NC, destroy them you roll VS. At least in a long drawn out battle it wont stay 3 dozen tanks vs 3 dozen tanks, and 1 dozen infantry on each side which makes absolutely no sense.
  16. Loegi

This, seriously.

That game made me appreciate how little you need to buy to actually be viable in PS2. And honestly, I'd rather not have a new weapon that's another upgrade like Fractures, or the PA.
  17. Turiel =RL=

May I use this as signature?
  18. THUGGERNAUT

they're actually focusing on the PS4 version now. so instead of the game being shut down, we get to keep playing as second-class citizens (glorified beta testers for the PS4 version). yaaaay!
    • Up x 3
  19. Cab00se187

Bingo and not only that, they are going to allow PC users to transfer over to the PS4. Guess where that leaves this game?
    • Up x 1
  20. MrIDoK

Now i want a tin foil hat for my MAX. Get on it, SOE! That, plus the :eek: decal will make you millions, millions i say!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.