GU11 is amazing so far.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Flashtirade

MCG:
    + New mechanic: I'll miss the old exploit, but this one is much more consistent
    + New sound: VERY GOOD, please redo more sounds

NV:
    + On vehicles: A decent trade-off, the better range is good
    + On guns: Not really much of a nerf, but it's not like I use it out to range anyways

Resource costs:
    + Generally speaking: good, help cut down on the spam some
    + MAX: I'd say it's a bit too high (maybe 250 or 300 would be better in my eyes), but they can be revived so /shrug

Drifters:
    + FAST: I have to go (they're really fun now, I hope to see more people running them)
  2. SNAFUS

You guys needed a time out after months of the scatt max:p
    • Up x 1
  3. SeasickSand

T7-MCG feels ridiculously good. People just dry out in front of it. Jackhammer is interesting, bit of a nerf in certain aspects but the burst gives it like a switch between something the pump-action could do and something a regular shotgun could do. Don't have lasher sadly, but seems to have gotten a long waited buff( how do actual users feel?). Max tweaks i agree with mostly. UI updates are cool too.
  4. Ronin Oni

~15/20% better (ZOE/Lockdown)
  5. Neckaru

Obligatory mention of "drop fuel tanks" as "bombs" here.
  6. SNAFUS

Oh ya man I am really excited to see what they do with the new air changes. Certed fuel pods has been a dream since beta and I can only imagine the carnage once I get my hands on those puppies.
  7. MiZrY

lol... well yeah

Mattocks with slugs is still the best option. Can't even count all the enemies that see me at range and open fire thinking I can't reach out and touch them. BOOM! Headshot!
  8. Ronin Oni

Yah, it's mostly infantry killing power....

As TR I use Lightning with AP to hunt tanks... Prowler is an inf farmer.

As NC use the Vanguard for tank domination, and use lightning with Viper or HEAT for infantry killing.

As VS.... what's a lightning? :D :D :D (J/K I use HEAT mostly since I certed it out. )
  9. SNAFUS

I didn't notice a change to render distance myself. May be lag though as a lot of people were complaining about it this morning.
  10. Wezdor

I say the same for my Magrider tho :p even though it feels like we got shafted on paper, I have no problem taking on 2-3 vanguards or Prowlers at the same time and winning.

Dem Magburners :eek:
  11. SNAFUS

Ya I remember right after the scatt nerf that one of our NC buddies introduced me to the mattocks. Lets just say I wasn't to pleased with the encounter.
  12. MiZrY

Does not sound like much, but definitely enough to make me regret getting my Reaver close enough to those maxes. But its does not matter so much now... most of us ESF's pilots have grown used to be extra cautious when going near an engagement that we expect to get shot at. So as long as we remain cautious, bursters will not be so damn annoying, and we can actually join a fight.
    • Up x 1
  13. Wezdor

Lasher got nerfed. Preety hard too. The hip fire accuracy got reduced on average by 3x and in some slots up to 20x. Lots of recoil and CoF added too, with only a 5 damage and 33 RPM increase.
  14. SeasickSand

Puting it that way, it does seem a bit iffy.. ill hit the VR range.
  15. Nogrim313

they still havent addressed the engie turrets being able to hit you outside of render range and having the rockets not render at all

with the resource change this is ridiculous i lost a Sundy, Harasser and a skyguard today within a few minutes due to someone spamming them from somewhere. i had no way to find them as the god damn rockets still dont render, the pheonix has a max range why in the **** doesnt that thing
    • Up x 1
  16. GraphicJ

It seems more balanced that's for sure. No one side stronger than the other. Especially now with those buffed Skyguards. The reign of the Bursters is temporarily over. I say "temporarily" as I know SOE will probably buff them once the forum gets filled with infantry only whiners. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  17. SNAFUS

I doubt SOE will nerf the ability for infantry to kill armor. They simply would rather engagements stay unfair then allow vehicles to have any kind of advantage. **** took months of QQing on the forums to get this burster/sky guards switch to happen.
  18. SNAFUS

That is sadly true, we all know SOE will not leave infantry out to dry for long. The bads will start QQing and SOE will comply. But until then I will enjoy myself and grind on :).