GU09 Server Downtime: A Proposition

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DiHorizon, May 21, 2013.

1. DiHorizon

Within the next few days Planetside 2's servers will come down for maintenance and Connery will be merged with Helios. Typical GU downtime is predicted to be two hours and often stretches up to five or more as things inevitably break. That's a lot of time to go without playing Planetside.

How fortuitious, then, that the mighty Smeds has invoked the power of account management to grant every Planetside 2 player 6 months of free time in Planetside 1. So I propose that when the servers go down for GU09 we all keep playing Planetside. Just not this Planetside.

So if you want to join in, download the Planetside 1 client and be ready to play: http://planetside.station.sony.com/

I'd love to hear any suggestions about which faction to stack, set up vehicle death races and generally go nuts with the old game.
  2. kadney

Or just go outside, go shopping, play another game, read a book or anything else. Or Forumside 2. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. VSDerp

ill like to play ps1 with some vets.
  4. RomulusX

As a thank you to those veterans, every former PlanetSide 1 subscriber will be granted 6 months of PlanetSide 1 membership absolutely free! Relive those glory days and bring honor to your empire!
  5. Neodymius

"We did a mass grant of anyone who has ever played ps1 or ps2 with free time in ps1" - https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/336693753014276096

From what I've heard, people who have never played PlanetSide 1 have been granted access, so I believe that Smedley is correct.
    • Up x 1
  6. RomulusX

Very nice. I don't follow twitter haha go figure. To the glory days!
    • Up x 1
  7. TommyXXL

do you know what updates gu9 will have ?
  8. Slyguy65

Stuff...supposedly good stuff.

Mainly lattice and MAX update though
  9. TommyXXL

interesting, flamethrower and deployable max for tr ?