GU08 suggestion: Please buff NC music

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lilleAllan, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Phazaar

I suggest we exclusively use Thomas Lang for new NC music.

(The compression is crap, it's so much more epic on DVD.)

We could even have a little animated version of him playing in our VR training area... Though I imagine this would immediately cause too many girls to start playing and get the first ever queue for the VR...
    • Up x 1
  2. wwwyzzerrdd

lol dad rock
  3. LGhost1904

The NC music fits right in whenever your walking across a mountain for a good minute on Amerish by yourself... How often is that though?
  4. Radec594

Overall the PS2 soundtrack is kind of lackluster when it comes to "crispiness" of sound and the wow-factor; it's still excellent music, composition wise, it's just lacking in execution.
    I think this is because of how they had to tweak the sheets from the synthesized soundtrack to the orchestral/acoustic one.

For example, the TR needs higher pitched and more aggressive brasses, and more drums; NC needs more lead guitar and less of a boring accompanying one like it is now, and again, MORE DRUMS; while VS could use some work in having more consistency with the electro-biosound style they're searching for, like the Deus Ex: HM soundscore for instance.

I'm working on a thread to address this and possibly give SOE an idea on how to put some more energy into their music.
  5. UrMom306

I played NC and VS during the beta and honestly the music was a huge turn off for me for the NC...that music is terribad. I wish the TR music was more evil though, i'm starting to embrace the evil theme that some people hint at.
  6. Kylesal18

Not the best by them but we cant really use songs with lyrics. If we could then The Jester's Race or The Jester's Dance by In Flames. Transylvania by Iced Earth anyone?

Kyle
  7. Chiss

Ahem.... Not sure if this has been posted yet... but you don't beat this!

8. Ganelon

You mean how some border patrol dude wants to stick his arm up everyone's *** because EHRMAHGAWD TERRORISM. I also like how the government uses Drones to "prevent terrorism".
  9. RoMoronik666

Please don't call the Vanu music techno. Its a massive insult.

Its like saying the NC music is punk. Its not.
  10. Puppy

These are opinions. If you do not like the music you may turn it off.
  11. lilleAllan

This is not the place for your dirty, fascist tr propaganda.

This is better than the current theme. We could very much do with less twangie twang.
  12. Devrailis

I wouldn't mind having NC get a little less dirty rock and a little more folksie with their music. :eek:
  13. lilleAllan

"It's not hiphop, it's electro."
    • Up x 1
  14. TintaBux

NC are about freedom, they should be able to pick their own music.
    • Up x 1
  15. COMMANDER K33N

16. CHC999

Might cost a bit of money for SOE but just license Firefly theme and play it on non-stop loop. Problem solved. No more fanboy whine. Because *turns music to max volume* Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. *hand signs to whiners that I can't hear them over the Firefly theme*

• Up x 1
  17. RoMoronik666

It WAS electro!!!
  18. skoorviel

Nonsense. NC music is already OP. It needs to be nerfed!
  19. xNPCx

I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. :D

If this were the new NC theme I don't think anyone would be playing the other two factions.
  20. Spartan 117

Glad there are others that dislike it....I would go as far as to say I HATE the current NC music. Yeah I said it. Its that bad. TR music is amazing.
    • Up x 3