GU06 Info and Feature Preview

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Arghy

For the love of god will we get server transfer tokens so we dont need 6 friggin characters? I have to login 3 characters a damn day to get passive certs and i only plan on playing 1 of those with a backup char encase i get bored or theres no one on.

I think more people want server transfer tokens then more character slots.
    • Up x 1
  2. DashTech

Having the alerting system consider continent population (instead of just server population) during peak times could be a good method to draw players away from Indar.

Given that these alerts are supposed to be used during low-population moments, the idea of capping Indar isn't too infeasible. If you happen to be up at 5am local time you could probably get a good ghost cap going. And even if you don't succeed you'll still get a proportion of the (admittedly pathetic) reward.

Not sure why everybody fights so hard anyway. It makes far more sense to fall back to the closest facility to your warp gate, let the enemy take it, and then take it back, and then let them take it again... repeat.
  3. barter

i don't want more character slots i need more loadouts...i have 5 guns for different things but only 3 loadouts
    • Up x 5
  4. MrWhippy

An idea for the XP reward could be where the amount of XP received increases over time depending on how long the Continent was neutralized. A Continent that hadn't been owned for say a week would give a much higher XP reward than a newly captured one. The same could be applied to Continents that have been owned by a certain Empire for a long time. Each Continent could have its own XP reward bonus, this would be another way to encourage players to try something different than Indar all the time.
    • Up x 3
  5. HadesR

@mhigby Regarding GU06, will membership need to be maintained to access the other 3 character slots?

Matthew Higby@mhigby
    @DrunkyMonken no, you'll be able to access them if your membership elapses.
  6. HellasVagabond

Personally i care about bugs more since they can introduce 100000 more features but if you can't play properly what will you do with them ?
  7. NightmareP69

The alert system is gonna be useless for underpopulated empires on some servers, the VS on Ceres most likely won't ever be able to win any of the alerts with only 25% pop every day.
  8. DashTech

They don't need to win, they just need to prevent dominance and get as large a chunk as possible to get a share of the cake.
  9. Kaon1311

I think the aprils fool bit was capturing Indar in a time limit. Anything less than 3 months would be tight :p
    • Up x 1
  10. RedCat

3000 XP for a 100% continent cap is way too less and too much at the same time. In the night you can capture empty continents and get 3000XP easily, but when there is a lot of players a continent cap will be super hard to pull off, making the 3000XP not worth it if you manage to cap an entire continent.

I think the XP should be based on how many players are actually on that continent during the alert - I would assume something like this has already been done as it would make sense, but I don't read anything about that.

Ribbons should promote teamwork only, not kills, for example:

repair
    repair x amount of damage within a certain time frame
    repair 20% of x amount of vehicles within a certain time frame
    repair 10 max units to full health within a certain time frame
    revive
    revive x friendlies with revive grenade
    revive x friendlies within a certain time frame
    be in a squad and be at their relative position for a certain time frame and get 25 assists
    be in a squad and be at their relative position for a certain time frame and get 10 revives
    etc etc etc
    • Up x 3
  11. nick779

honestly, id rather they fix the bugs instead of pushing out game breaking GUs. my medigun still glitches when i heal occasionally or am healed, i still spawn without health sometimes, and i still get the triple load screen.

amongst other things, i think the community wants a more stable game with less bugs and glitches.

and can we get detailed notes on how broken the shotguns are going to be made? the pumps and scatmax need reworked, but im not so sure that the semis do
  12. Sempars

GAH!!!!!!!!!!! still no re-cert function?
  13. Hatamoto

Will i be able to change the detail level on my characters mullet in GU06?
  14. arventos

Elaborating on this idea, we could have rewards for neutralizing continents as well. Reward scales depending on how long the continent remained capped, and is shared between winning factions based on territory control.
    This could also give a little incentive for all factions to fight each other. Makes things a bit more fair for the defending side.
    • Up x 1
  15. SharpeShooter

:eek: looks brilliant!
  16. Skullface360

This is true, we take about 80% of the map but mess up the finer details of capping in the end because of tenacious defense from Tr and NC. Still, we took Amerish the other night after several major fails against the TR in Esamir which caused me to blurt many rage yells in game at them. Don't take it personal TR, when I rage in yell take it as a compliment, you are doing your job well. Piling up your entire pop defense in Andvari Bio Lab while it being the very last place to take on the map for a cap = I hate you 1000x over.
  17. Joker_54

Noooo I want the NS Pistols/Revolvers sooo Hard :D:D
    Pls get them in with this Patch ;)
  18. RomulusX

Can we get a deployables (AV mines, AP mines, C4) counter please? I'd like to know when my tank mines/etc blow up before wasting resources placing new ones :) Seems pretty simple! Thanks!
    • Up x 3
  19. NoctD

List of bugs/issues that need addressing, that should be priority over those service ribbons and such fluff...

• Tank and AP mines not doing damage, despawning, etc.
    • NS Annihilator firing blanks
    • Vanguard, Prowler, Lightning tanks rocking/unstable
    • Engineers spawning without Nano repair tool (have to resupply at terminal to get tool back)
    • Reaver gun mount/sight convergence issues
    • Up x 4
  20. Wildclaw

And that is what the "winner takes all" proponents don't understand. You don't need or even want a massive winner incentive. What you want is incentive for people on every side to continue fighting. And that is what the system as presented provides.

Same with the "Jackpot" idea. For maximum impact, you want to distribute rewards at fairly regular intervals. That is very basic psychology. Jackpots are only useful to draw in people who generally don't care. But since we are all already playing the game, we should hopefully already care. (and if we don't, then there are better ways to make us care)

Good for you. Of course the reward won't matter as much to farmers as yourself, it isn't meant to. The reward is for those average players who mainly fight on the ground, doing the grunt work, perhaps only getting 7.5-10k per hour. (7.5k used to be a good score for the average player before the vehicle patch, so I am guessing it is slightly closer to 10k now)
    • Up x 1