GU06 Info and Feature Preview

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Zotamedu

You seem to have messed up a bit here. I just parked a Sunderer in the vehicle bay in the Crown and it kept sliding out. I had to turn it around so me weapons were less useful just to keep it from sliding of the mountain.

Furthermore, I think one of your programmers confused the signs because the AA Phalanx now has less pitch downwards making them vary awkward to use in the Tech plants because they can hardly hit anything at all.
  2. SokarGoldberg

So following your logic it would have been harder for us to play both other factions because they have lower numbers, we have no strategies and NC has big advantage? We fought on our own (outnumbered) on TR and VS side and had a much easier time against the enemies then we would have with NC. Remember. It was easier for us to play Vanu against bigger numbers then it would have been as NC.

You are making assumptions about our playing style which are based on no evidence or maybe just general perception of NC players. Smart choice would have been to not do such a thing at all or do some searching before you try to insult anybody.
    I agree that most NCs doesn't seem to be the smartest guys but that shouldn't lead to a conclusion that some specific guy or outfit are bad gamers. I wouldn't make that statement about you and you shouldn't have done it too.

My statement was that it has been easier to play with non leveled VS and TR chars (even without mines etc) then it is playing with high level NC characters. I wouldn't have compared fights where the faction didn't matter just because of the outnumbering size your faction brings to a fight. Nobody cares about zerg fights. That's not even discussable. Fights were there are even numbers matter and I was comparing those kind of matches i knew from NC side and that we had during the nights we fooled around with the other factions.
    I can't talk about other server NC outfits but on Cobalt there are some organized outfits and they are doing pretty well.
    Nevertheless I agree with you that on many occacions NC has the bigger numbers and is still not able to do something with it. But pls, don't try to deny that those kind of NC players are those players you like to farm for your certs and stats and they let you do it. ^^

Back to my original statement that it is easier to play with VS and TR then it is to play with NC.
    - Same guys as usual teamwork
    - fights of 4-6 vs 7-10 enemies
    - not even scopes equiped
    - started with NC recoil compensation behaviour which made us hit worse at first
    - fought for over 4 hours
    - won almost every fight we encountered.

If it is easier to play NC and we are players without strategy pls explain me why it was that much easier with VS characters. After many hours and other fun rounds on VS side it does not even count as luck anymore.

On most discussions all of you point to the NC Max that is giving you a hard time and is one of the mayor reasons in your argument for "NC is op". I can't predict how often and how much experience you have on NC characters but almost all NC can and will tell you that the MAX is powerful in close combat situations... BUT and that is the point you all like to ignore all the time. The NC max shotguns are only too powerful in comparison on very very short range. As soon as you got a medium room or middle range between your MAX and the enemy both other factions will start to outpower the NC max.

Put the MAX discussion away. What else is there that is "so" OP on NC side? From vids, streams and talking with enemies on our server I heard that the GAUS SAW (S) and the Vanguard are mostly your concerns, right? Pls tell me what else you cry about. In my opinion there is nothing else that is sticking out that much.

But. Believe me that we have the same issues with TR and VS weapons and vehicles. I know that you all are thinking from your own perspective and your own point of view.. But what empire specific weapons of yours was debuffed in the last patches. (Not regarding debuffs that were caused by bugs and glitches etc). Real game design intended debuffs?
    In each of the last updates there were NC empire specific debuffs to weapons and vehicles that continued to take anything away that we could be proud of having.

If NC had the upper hand because of the statistics and they had the upper hand regarding the player numbers.. why aren't NC always dominating each battle? That's not because they have "no strategy" etc. On Cobalt there are many good organized outfits. Still with organized (no-noob) outfits and bigger numbers they are often not able to fight back. NC has many different setbacks that prevent NC from being a noticeable power. Statistics are fine to argue with but on the server in most situations you can't bring the statistics into use.
  3. Fenrisk

I now see why you think Vanu have it easy. The Vanu on Cobalt are extremely organised. The outfits [TRID] and [OWND] are very quick to cap bases and organised their entire faction. It has nothing to do with their faction weapons and everything to do with the outfits themselves. They sometimes cap bases when most players are off to bed but other then that its nice to have a organised opponent :p

The TR are capable of being organised on that server but sometimes we get carried away. We have lost alerts when we had the advantage of 50% territory due to pushing one faction or the other to their warp get while we were about to lose bases elsewhere. We have won alerts with the lowest population on the map but it takes a few outfits working together in different locations. The one i belong to generally galaxy drops into bases storming them with maxes engys medics etc or uses shield disrupter sundys. The TR have also lost alerts when having a population advantage on the Vanu and NC.

I can't say i remember any organised NC outfits on Cobalt despite them having a slight population advantage at peak times. Most of the time the server population is 33 33 33 but lately there's been more NC. I have seen Vanu outfits use galaxy drops but i have yet to see NC bother. The NC do have a habit of trying to camp the TR warp gate on indar from the cliffs which is great for preventing or delaying air support reaching our bases. /shrug

Over all though the NC side your playing on are up against well organised enemies with numbers even to your own. Maybe it just seems like the Vanu are easy, TR are medium and NC are hard but in reality the NC have the same tools we do but with a MAX our factions would love to use in galaxy drops or point defence.
  4. travbrad

For the new premium character slots, what happens to those extra characters if you stop being a premium member (either temporarily or permanently)? Will you lose access to the characters until you get premium again or do you always have access to them?
  5. CptFirelord

Yes, I've played both factions. I agree that the VS are easy mode, and TR can be somewhat medium, but if you think the NC have any room to complain then there's something wrong with the way you and your outfit are playing. Let's just look at a few weapons. Stock T9 Carv: Horrible spread, inaccurate as hell, medium ROF, large COF. NC6 Gauss SAW: Horrible spread, accurate as all hell, huge vertical recoil, large COF, full-auto sniper rifle.

And now a comparison of the two highest ROF weapons for the TR and NC
    -LC2 Lynx: Small COF, high ROF, good damage, medium range.
    -GD-7F: HIGHEST ROF of ANY Carbine, great damage, close-med range, small COF.

I could moan and complain all day that the TR are underpowered, and that the NC and VS need a nerf. The NC and TR seem balanced for each other, one cancels the other, but the VS completely trash EVERYONE else. But still, NC shouldn't be complaining about anything. Shotguns on their reavers, highest dmg LMG/Carbines, stock infil sniper rifle is a bolt... Reaver more maneuverable than Mossy/Scythe..
  6. NovaAustralis

I love my GD-7F... :)
    And btw if you think the
    You must have smoked some bad granola!
  7. lengthybread409

what will be the main purpose of this? will you be used to see what weapons are used the most and tweak them?
  8. Being@RT

NAPKIN MATH TIME!

...and a little bit of looking through weapon attributes, all in order to point out things that are oft overlooked.

---
    How does a weapon have all three of 'accurate as all hell' and 'horrible spread' and 'large COF' at the same time?

I'm guessing single shot accuracy of the Gauss SAW is referenced here for the accuracy part. It's only true when standing still in ADS, which means you tend to get headshotted by infiltrators. If you move+ADS, the base CoF is actually on the worst tier of LMGs (0.5, when the range of standing move ADS is 0.35 to 0.5). Standing still ADS CoF ranges from 0.00 (Gauss SAW) through 0.03 (including 2 VS and 1 TR LMG) to 0.1.

For reference, a 0.1 degree CoF creates a 20cm diameter circle at 115m distance. This should be good enough for headshotting reliably. 0.0 is obviously perfectly accurate at any range and 0.03 CoF can hit a 20cm target up to 382m.

Strafing while ADS aiming has the Gauss SAW with 0.5 degrees starting CoF, which means they can hit a 20cm target at 23m. CARV with its 0.4 gets to shoot up to 29m and the most accurate (strafingwise, 0.35 CoF) LMGs can do so up to 33m.
    I doubt very many people use single shots at those ranges, strafing or not.

---
    Then we move on to GD-7F.
    It's the only carbine in game above 600 RoF that has 0.06 CoF bloom per shot. All the others have 0.05.
    On top of that, its standing move ADS starts at 0.35, which is the worst tier for carbines.
    For the hipfire qualities, almost all Carbines share the starting CoF with GD-7F, with two carbines having better starting hipfire CoF (Jaguar and VX6-7) and one having worse (AC-X11).

Now we determined that it doesn't have
    1) more damage than high RoF carbines generally do
    2) better starting CoF on either ADS than most and
    3) better starting hipfire CoF.

What it does have is the fastest CoF bloom out of all carbines above 600 RoF, whether you measure it per shot or over time.

---
    This post isn't meant to say that Gauss SAW or GD-7F aren't good weapons. They are, imo, and I use them both.
    • Up x 1
  9. Keiichi25

Meanwhile, didn't read the entire thread but can we fix the new bug issues brought in... Like when pulling favorites in Live Fire... Hey, my setup ESF has NO DEFENSE/PERFORMANCE/UTILITY... My MAX's Utility is set to 'charge'... Even though I have an Ammo cannister and even on resupply, it says 'charge' unless I switch to charge and then back to ammo cannister...

I literally spent like 20 mins trying to reset all the vehicle modifications so I don't feel like I accidentally spawn without what I need. And it seems to periodically reset too.

Something is corrupting the favorites system, even to the point that the MAX armor Utility is lying in my face about what I have and what I get.
    • Up x 2
  10. Nimbat

It gets messed up when you enter VR. Confirmed on Reddit.
    • Up x 1
  11. Keiichi25

Did they also confirm the other annoying bug with Warping to Indar? Both Instant Action and just plain warping to Indar, there are times where it tries to execute, but doesn't do it? It is also kind of annoying to hit instant action and having it time out and do nothing because it was trying to send you to Indar and nothing, and same with Warping, no indication of going to a Queue or anything, you just keep hitting the button and nothing happening.
  12. SokarGoldberg

The high damage of the NC statistics are useless because 90% of the shots will miss fast and soon. Thats why you always think NC had any power but they don't.

Gauss SAW ok, I would agree that it is good. BUT! The T9 of the TR heavy is also very good. As we tried it we used it too and it was in no way bad in my opinion. I was used to NC weapons and if you then try out the T9 or Trac5 you are just loving those guns.

In no way is the Reaver more maneuverable then the Mossy or the Scythe. I flew long enough with the stock Reaver to say that it has no advantage over the other too. Flying with the mossi instead is easy as hell and it has almost no big body like the reaver that can be hit. If you want the reaver to be as maneuverable as the Mossi you need the maxed performance extention. And then you just simply got the same as the basic Mossi. With both those stock ESF you can do maneuvers that never could with a reaver... and i'm used to the reaver instead of those others that i tried.. (they were totally new to me)

In PS2 its all about killing speed. With all NC weapons you have no chance in any way with those guns.. except for the GD7F. It is ONE weapon.. our ONLY weapon with such features.. Beside the god damn SMGs... but as even Levelcap said.. the NC one are the worst and almost no use in comparison.

I know my own server.. xD We fight the TRID, OWND and for example the 01WG all the time. We know what they are capable of and that not everything they try works. ;) We deny it to them from time to time ;)
    The lame VS night attacks and their bragging about such accomplishments are a totaly different topic.
    Pls read my posting again. I clearly stated that my team played alone on that test. There was no organized outfit along our side on our fights. Otherwise we would have seen it because we also looked out for our companies to get how they might work etc.
    Pls stop trying to find some reasons why we were better with stock VS then our NC characters... If there were indications I would have mentioned them. We didn't try to find ways to blame VS or TR. We wanted to see the factions for what they are and we did! We fought with our NC thinking and adjusted to the VS and TR gameplay. It is really the conclusion that it is easier to play with those stock characters then it would be with NC. Maybe and that i will admit.. it will also be easier for others to fight with NC stock characters just because you often fight against them.

That is very easily explained. True. On our Cobalt server there are many top100 NC players that are not in an outfit... BUT that doesn't matter in any way. There is a big difference in the outfit structures on VS, TR and NC sides on Cobalt.
    You remember OWND, TRID and 01WG just because of their numbers. Each VS outfit has more then 1200 members. 01WG has over 700 members.
    The NC outfits are smaller outfits that work together but mostly with their own smaller structures so you will almost never remember their TAGs simply because you don't run into them all of the time in each fight like you see OWND or TRID.
    At some point we thought that for example OWND might have some grudge against us because we kill them so often.. Then I did som math at that time. All our Outfit kills would only be 5% of the total death of OWND clan. This could show you that they will not remember you as an NC just because the number of players with that TAG and your encounter with the same people over and over is highly unlikely.
    Most NC outfits are about between 50 to 150 or maybe some 200 members. Not more.
    For example, at the moment the NC Cobalt Alliance has about 11 different outfits. They often work together and put up some fight. Not always.. but none of the enemies always puts up real fights. ^^ Which is kind of normal.

I know that NC has a hard stand on Cobalt. If you look at the top100 players of cobalt. There are only 15NC characters. Some of them are even without an outfit xD.

But still. Pls stop trying to indicate that we had a easier time on the other empires because we do something wrong or don't know how to play our faction. This is simply stupid and short sighted. I would not make such assumption about you and neighter would you think about that for your own. NC might be useless even with bigger numbers but that is simply the nature of many NC players that don't join outfits. Those that are in organized outfits know what they do and they are really capable of fighting. We play this game since the release and thinking that your special outfit or alliance is the only one coming up with idead and strategies is naive.
  13. m00eh

To SOE re:updates and patches

stop putting the cart before the horse. stop trying to leap forward in strides, you only leave behind glaring problems, bugs, hacks and cheats and game play that is is rapidly deteriorating into points score whoring. go back and fix what is wrong first and stop posting fixes that aren't fixed.

just a suggestion. ty.
  14. CptFirelord

15. NOTHAN

Really explain me why we need more than 3 characteres (one per nation) ?
    • Up x 1
  16. Being@RT

If you wish to play on more servers in addition to having one of each faction?
  17. Pat Cleburne

When are the server transfer tokens coming?
  18. DayBreak998

We all agree that NC are OP. If not, why >>>50% pop on every continent and every server?

/thread
  19. NovaAustralis

Yes, yes, NC are so OP...

Nevermind that most people have alts in different factions, a lot of players like a challenge, some players like being the underdog, etc...
    but don't let that stop you from whining continuously for a nerf that isn't needed.

Rather, how about some sort of small BUFF (*gasp*) for the TR?

Also, here's a graph for you:

[IMG]
    Can you point out which server has NC representing 50% of the population please?
    Can you point out which server has ANY faction representing 50% of the population please?
  20. Fenrisk

So 5 out of 9 servers has NC as high pop. None of the servers has NC as lowest pop.
    3 out of 9 TR has highest pop. 5 out of 9 TR has lowest pop.
    1 out of 9 Vs have highest pop. 4 out of 9 VS have the lowest pop.

Looks like NC is doing great in terms of pop on all servers.