GU06 Info and Feature Preview

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Navoletti

fix the bug of mines ap 0 damage the problema continue..
  2. Duke

Sigh.
  3. WalrusJones

Admittedly, 60%-80% more isn't that bad for the game.
    Especially when it is tied to definite goals.
  4. MaelstromSOB

yeah alert system....just started one on a cont with 2/1 ratio favouring the tr......we literally had 4 zones .................system seems to favor zerg..............obviously not what you intended..............also it rewards last minute push not most territory held over time......conterproductive as well
  5. SokarGoldberg

Have you played any other factions? I can't understand how TR or VS could complain in any regard. Our NC outfit did some testing together and at some point I was worried that we could lose our members to VS or even to TR.
    It was so damn easy to kill enemies with everything and each start weapon that we even started feeling sorry to fight against NC players because they stood no chance at all.
    We almost had no clue about the real advantages and in which situations you have to stay close or on range.. and on almost each station we fought we had such a easy time . Our biggest worry was not to miss any shots because we did our recoil control and shot more kneecaps and sand infront of them. That were the only times we missed shots. As soon as we started playing normal without trying to compensate our NC handicap.. they had no chance at all. With our lvl 2 chars we had a much easier time then with our leveled NC chars with lvl 30-60.
    It is unbeleavable that those factions cry so loud that the NC guns that would show some respect and could be good get nerfed within 1-2 days. Maybe they cry more effective then NC.. But on each NC clan that we talked about it, we really get tired of this NC nerfing marathon. At some point it isn't even funny anymore.

you can wine and downtalk my posting as long as you wish but for me there are three difficulty cathegories and this will not be changed soon i think:

VS - easy as hell mode
    TR - medium
    NC - hard... you are a masodistic bastard if you keep trying to play on this level ^^
    • Up x 1
  6. Aedelric

I like the bonus exp from ribbons, wish we had more though, SOE should half the exp but double the obtainable ribbons.

The alert system I do not care much for, though it does cause larger scale battles on Esamir and Amerish when the alert for those continents are active. I may not care much for it, but I know it is good for the majority who want good fights in those areas.

What I am not keen on is the regional border on the map being removed, it was very useful for working out where the battle lines were.
  7. SoliderRusH

is there a option to see which faction won the most alerts?
  8. TintaBux

If you could fix the problem with not seeing how much XP you get after Alert is over that will be great. What happens is when Alert finishes it either don't show you how much XP you get or it goes away of screen so fast you can't see it in game (Happening to allot of people)
  9. EvilPhd

Here's your FIGHT HERE sign.
  10. Fremen

Ok, nice on paper but what I'm most worry is not to be able to play for a week after the patch like the others patches that were introduced in the past...
    Soooo many bugs ...
  11. Vandali

Will you guys at SoE ever get what players want, i've not logged in to your game since 2 weeks after launch. Why, because i'm waiting to play a game that has meaning, i can shoot **** in games superior in that aspect to PS2. So my advice, grow the **** up and make a meta game, stop pandering your COD mentality.
  12. Tikigod

Alerts sound interesting, though I think the rewards empire-wide reward should perhaps be strimmed down from empire-wide to continent-wide.

As it stands there is a sizeable number of players who do nothing but **** around at the crown and a handful of other locations regardless to the situation anywhere else, and the alert system could be a useful tool in getting people to go elsewhere if they found they were seeing no bonus rewards what so ever from successful alerts achieved in other continents.

Ultimately though, I really hope the alert system matures from being a tool the developers came up with more for off-peak herding of activity focus, and instead becomes a eventual system that can be integrated into a PROPER command system that has community elected command staff who have access to sub-tools for setting objectives with incentives, that will replace the current timesink grind 'command system' that just involves hoarding certs for a few extra chat and spawn features with no actual command infrastructure on a empire scale in place.

As it's a lack of a proper empire command design that keeps me personally from playing more than infrequent casual sessions, all the existing tools if we're to be honest aren't designed even in a small conceptual way to be empire command tools, but rather clan/squad centric tools to allow isolated groups to continue to work isolated with their own private generals with a few post-design additions bolted on after the fact to allow people who spent certs a certain way to chat on certain chat channels and be utterly ignored by pretty much everyone for the most part, because everyone is running in their own private micro-armies, alongside other private micro-armies that they don't communicate with.
  13. Syphers

I like those ribbons though I'd like to disable the pop up messages and stuff to keep the game immersive
  14. Navoletti

NC IS THE MODE EASY OF FAT SPACE AMERICANS YEAH SEE THE POPULATION IN ALL SERVERS AND THE OP WEAPONS AND SCAT MAX.(WITH A MINOR NERFED)
    • Up x 1
  15. Peter Daniel

With each release the game gets worse.:(
  16. Fenrisk

L2P

and

lmao!!!

NC has the highest planerside 2 population across all servers. VS has the lowest. The reason your outfit and others don't do as well as other factions is because on most servers your use to having the numbers to not bother with tactics or strategy. Your also use to having crutches such as the NC max that did 300-400% more damage per second then ANY OTHER MAX in the game.

Stats -----------------------------------------------------> everything else
  17. Scatterblak

I laughed a little of my imperialist craft beer through my fat 'murican nose when I read this. Thanks for that. :)
  18. Scatterblak

...so far, I like this patch the best (I've only been here since November or so, though). My prox mines are magically working again, and I've already been through a couple of the alerts - with my xp boost, I imagine I've gained 5000+ xp just from the alerts alone. This all seems pretty good so far.... Now, if only the flashes didn't drive like whale 54it of an ice slide (or if they didn't come with an obligatory neck brace that keeps me from looking more than 15 degrees to either side).
  19. Solvictis

okay okay okay the system is good, but please elaborate on when these "offpeak" hours are so i can actually participate in one :(
  20. NovaAustralis

I don't think they occur in 'off peak' hours.
    On Briggs we were getting one Alert every 4 hours or so through the whole day.
    (The Alert lasts for 2 hours...)
    Population was maxed out, cos there were queues to get into Indar and the continent with the Alert.
    Good to see really!