[BUG] Gu06 broke the recon device?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by KingCrimson, Apr 3, 2013.

1. KingCrimson

Maybe it's my imagination but from what I can see from the map it appears the recon darts aren't the size they are supposed to be. By that I mean, even with certs it the width of the circle is not as big as it should be (it's default instead of being bigger).

I could be completely wrong, but I noticed it straight away that the circle seemed way too small.
    • Up x 2
  2. Nimbat

Zoom in on the mini-map and BAM your recon device now covers everything!!!! No extra certs required!
  3. giltwist

No. This is a know bug. Go to this thread and upvote the original post.
  4. KingCrimson

Thats not the same bug, this is new, with GU06, the circle width of the radar is default even with certs in the device.
  5. Searil

I thought they seemed to cover less area than usual as well, but I can't be absolutely sure.
  6. Teegeeack

I don't think the width of the circle actually means anything anyway.
    • Up x 2
  7. KingCrimson

err upgrading the recon device increases with the width of the radar. Since patch it appears to have reverted to default, even with it upgraded (if i'm right)
  8. Teegeeack

Yes, it increases the radar. But the little circle that appears on the minimap is just an arbitrary graphic to indicate a recon dart has been fired. It never changes. That's what I always thought, anyway.
  9. m44v

I didn't play GU06 yet but the minimap graphic did increase its radius with each cert upgrade.
  10. BloodyPuma

Its broken since GU5, now its broken even more. But shhhhh, thats on purpous ;)

In next two weeks you will be able to buy for SC a new type of grenade for infiltrator - the IFF Grenade. Which will work exactly as a recon tool, with a little bit different radius ;)

Mastermind plan ;)
  11. Timeraider

Nope.. nope.. though the working had a larger radius.. the minimap thing never changed according to my experience.. and according to this video to
    • Up x 3
  12. m44v

mmmh, odd. I thought it did.
  13. Syphers

Yeah I saw that too I got the rank 5 but it has the rank 1 range
  14. Rhyl

If someone can do the work of comparing before and after (I unfortunately cannot get on miller) I'll add it to my bug thread, report the bug, and message J-good about it.
  15. KingCrimson

Problem is we need footage of an upgraded recon device pre patch and after. But I'm like 90% sure that the width of the circle is alot smaller than before.
  16. Rhyl

I'm not so sure. After some testing from being able to get on. It seems the default minimap size is simply zoomed out a bit more than usual. If you zoom it in once it seems to cover the same radius. I could be wrong of course but that's how it seems to me.
  17. Pyldrvr

I didn't notice the actual width of the circle growing as I certed mine out. Just that it shows people from further away.
    Seems like the circle animation never changed.
  18. OldMaster80

Did anyone open a ticket about the recon device, maybe linking some pictures or videos? My experience is that is a very effective and efficent way to make SOE know what's the problem. It seems to me it works much better than posting this on the Bugs forum. ;)
  19. giltwist

@oldmaster80

This thread was opened for the old recon bug, but it seems to be talking about the GU6 bug now, if you look at the recent posts.
  20. Faze

I have recon detect 5 and it feels to me since GU6 that the range is smaller and also they don't last as long - just feels like the default to me now.