GU011: Weapon and Vehicle Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Jun 14, 2013.

1. NinjaTurtle

This is terrible, it will make bases to defensible
  2. HannaDest

Wait and see. Imo bases are to easy to capture.
    • Up x 2
  3. WetPatch

The thing is the new Resource prices only punishes the losing team. So good luck trying to fight off a gate lock.
    • Up x 13
  4. St0mpy

oh idk, damn things as powerful as a tank and twice as mobile
    • Up x 1
  5. Tungsten

PS2 would be closer to pay-to-win/play if this goes live with paid boosts than it was when it first came out and cert gain was less than a fourth of what it is now.
  6. sindz

Cause auto shotguns are the cancer of this game atm. They require absolutely no skill at all in order to dominate with them. Id wish they would remove them from the game all together so people actually had to aim just a little bit.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kuklakot

Flash 150 resources and ESF 250? I'm so using flash to get around places now.
    • Up x 7
  8. Torok

only for the AMP Stations I believe, after all in a Biolab this doesn't apply, and in a Tech plant we'll see, you might won't be able to deploy inside the vehicle bay but probably outside, the Outcome? Shield Generators are much more important targets now, since they pretty much have to be down if you want to succeed, especially in the AMP Stations

yeah well now friendly vehicles will allure more players to them, we'll find ourselves running short on resources more often, so here's where social comes into play ahah, "bro gimme a ******* lift!" i like it!

Considering how much they lowered the price for almost all of the best weapon unlocks in-game, i wouldn't go as far as to say that, my friends who came back for another try to the game are really happy to be able to unlock some good weapons for a good deal like 250 certs, (Carnage comes to mind especially)
    • Up x 2
  9. Deimos

These are all great changes which will hopefully lead to vehicles becoming stronger against ground as we will see fewer of them on the battlefield. The MAX change is perhaps the best one of them all, biolabs are a pain in the *** to capture once the opposing side just starts going all MAXes.
  10. Morchai

400 for a lightning? You want us spending all our time in the warpgate waiting for resources rather than actually playing the game?
    • Up x 10
  11. cfnz

Yay. I gave up using my underbarrel attachment ages ago but still, yay.
    • Up x 3
  12. HannaDest

Ah or you can play the game while waiting for resources ?
    • Up x 8
  13. lolitank

can't wait for that update that makes bases have a shield that blocks out tanks and ESF's
  14. NC_Edacyn

Great changes!
  15. Gisgo

These have been removed from the weapon selection list and are now mapped to the primary weapon key. Press 1 to swap between the weapon and its attachment.

Nice!
    • Up x 2
  16. Arquin

I like all of the changes, although flash cost is a bit too high.
  17. Kevorkian

It punishes losing factions and bad players. I don't agree with the increases across the board.

Maxes and Harassers should have been the only units to see resource increases, imo.
    • Up x 2
  18. Kuklakot

It's either that or REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY, REDEPLOY...
  19. St0mpy

Lol - thanks for demonstrating you know absolutely nothing about actually using them, only how others use them and youve made your opinion based on that.

Heres a fact - they were the shortest range, widest spread and most skillful to aim - the pumps and their holdfire reload repeat are far more OP and needed tuning. Autos were slightly weak but fun, now theyre pointless outside of point blank, the 2 shot range is now a 3 shot range and its 3 shot will need 5 or 6 (thanks to spread being exponential).

Meaning you can drown in your own tears thanking SOE for making me change to the 1SK pump instead of giving you a chance needing MINIMUM 2 shots CQ and 6-8 shots at mid distance with the auto.
  20. lolitank

yeah redeploy to wait at warp for resources